Player housing

Ahono

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet in a thread, but it probably has. I would like to see the addition of player housing into the game. Not only would it provide extra storage space, but it also would open up the possibility of player made cities on various different planets. I know to add something of this nature would be a large task to undertake and would probably have to be add with an expansion, but it is something I would like to see. It would also allow players to set up an area or multiple areas in the game that they can call their own and decorate and furnish as they like. I would like to hear any feedback other players have on this idea.

As much as I would like it, I think it is correctly stated that our ship is our player house. People can visit you there. What we need is deep customization of the interior of the ship.

I can go for the deep customization of the ship but as far as I have seen only one player in a ship at a time.

I think the idea of having "player housing" on our capital worlds would be nice. They could be done sort of the same way EQ2 did them, instanced and have several teirs. From a Studio apartment to a penthouse. It COULD be done if EA would green light the money for it, so it will never happen.

As it stands, the ships are ok, if we could customize the interior a bit more. I would love to see a spot to stick all my weapons that I kept from leveling up. All my Pistols on my BH and all the Lightsabers I used on my Assassin. Again it is a nice MMO feature that SWTOR should have had and BioEA dropped the ball on.

Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

“We’re not saying never, but it’s not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.”

Then Recently

I couldn't agree with this more Catharde. I have thoroughly enjoyed player housing in other games including SWG, DAOC, and Wizard101. It's not at the top of my wish list but it's definitely up there. As others have said on the thread it's not in the near term set of updates but it still remains a tantalizing possibility for sometime in the future.

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.B

I like the idea but it will be so very long before those arrive in this game.

But just an FYI I would not be unopposed to maybe paying a bit higher sub fee to have the option to have a large house on a planet of my choosing or even on multiple planets.

Just sayin!!

• 1 month later...
I did it once but forgot the exact way to do it. Here's a post on how to enter your friends ship:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=79649

Texas I do stand corrected on that point. I have recently seen in game that as long as you are grouped with a player from another class not only can you enter their ship; you can travel with them to their unique locations for their class story and help them finish it.

• 2 months later...
I hear ya. The thing that got me hooked into swg (and starwars) would probably have to be the player housing. I enjoyed the concept of looting a skull or a leg from a critter and placing it in my house. I'd really.... really... really.. love to see something SWGish in player housing! Looks like it would take a lot of time.... but think about how many items you can sell via cartel!!!

• 4 months later...
Will still have to see how it comes about. Of the little trailer we've seen thus far, I see no to little difference with our current starship. Will we be able to customize our house proper, or just add components like the ship?