what augments at lvl 55?

Power augments hands down, do you see a 6% or 9% str multiplier? Nope. Power gives more damage to all of your abilities, therefore gives you more damage, remember, your main hand, bonus damage, all scales to everything you do. When you count in % dmg increases such as 4 piece bonus, or bloodthirst, power is marginally better.

What you do get out of str augment is 1% extra crit chance. Let's say you want to min - max your character to the most efficient stat you want, on annihilation, a little extra crit doesn't hurt, because all the bleeds now have 1% chance of criting, the downside is, your force crit chance is naturally high, so you can approach diminishing returns rather quickly.

Now if we are talking about carnage or rage, it's not even a question anymore. You go power, or you lose damage, it's quite simple really. With the sheer amount of auto crits, and how hard the abilities scale on power and pure damage, the 1% crit chance is largely negligible.

The overall argument is 10 bonus damage vs 1% crit. On paper, the 1% crit looks appealing, however, anytime your going with crit chance, you are rolling the dice on how lucky you are. How much of a difference does 1% crit chance really make if you have auto crits in all 3 trees?

Before you dismiss 10 power because it seems insignificant, but it's not. When your truly trying to make your marauder as efficient of a dps as it can be, every stat of str, power counts towards your overall dps. For every 1 stat on your main hand damage, or bonus power, it applies to every single ability you have. It can be further enhanced by % damage increase abilities , like your 4 piece bonus, or bloodthirst.

The usual rule of thumb for augment is, read your talent tree, if there isn't a main stat multiplier, it's NEVER, EVER, worth it to go main stat over power in any form of stat building.

On a side note, if your stubborn, casual, or simply don't want to waste the credits on swapping. By all means. Just know that there is a better option for you out there. If you want to choose the best in slot, it's power, simple as that.

Power augments hands down, do you see a 6% or 9% str multiplier? Nope. Power gives more damage to all of your abilities, therefore gives you more damage, remember, your main hand, bonus damage, all scales to everything you do. When you count in % dmg increases such as 4 piece bonus, or bloodthirst, power is marginally better.

What you do get out of str augment is 1% extra crit chance. Let's say you want to min - max your character to the most efficient stat you want, on annihilation, a little extra crit doesn't hurt, because all the bleeds now have 1% chance of criting, the downside is, your force crit chance is naturally high, so you can approach diminishing returns rather quickly.

You should not thing of a diminishing return on crit % - there is a diminishing return on critical rating as well as strength's contribution to critical rating. For annihilation, strength augments are superior due to the 30% free surge from Bleedout.

You should not thing of a diminishing return on crit % - there is a diminishing return on critical rating as well as strength's contribution to critical rating. For annihilation, strength augments are superior due to the 30% free surge from Bleedout.

I'll take your word for annihilation as I haven't done extensive testing on it myself, but in carnage/rage , Interesting thought on bleedout talent, that's interesting.

I failed because the OP said he played Rage, hence there was no need for me to post - sorry.

But anyway, yeah the free surge in Annihilation is key because bleeds are ~40% of your damage.

I do agree for Carnage that Power is the way to go. I haven't played around with Rage much so I really shouldn't have posted to this thread. :rak_04: