The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

new playable race?

Magnezia

Two races that come to my mind is Echani (potentially a new class that's similar to the monk in D&D games, but not nessacerily.) and the same race as Nadia Grell. I really don't know what other races as I'm not that knowledgeable of star wars lore, but wookie could be good.

It's SPECIES. Not RACE. GET IT TO YOUR SITHY HEADS ALREADY.

Eh... that is debatable.

You have species which you are correct would be the difference between a Togruta, Twi'lek, Human, and Wookie.

Then you have Subspecies (which is largely used to distinguish the differences between individual groups of non-domesticated animals within a single species such as Whales. This would be the difference between an Orca and a Blue Whale).

Then you have Race (which is largely used in Humans, and humanoid species to distinguish these species in the same way as a subspecies in another race would be distinguished.) example races in the Star Wars universe include the blue skinned Twi'lek's vs. the Red Skinned Twi'lek's.

Then you have Breeds (which is applied to species who have artificially had characteristics of their species altered). This could arguably be applied to the different types of Zabrak's in the Galaxy of Star Wars and possibly a few other species as well, though generally it is only applied to Domestic Animals.

It should be noted that it has become standard fare of Sci Fi, and Fantasy to treat Race and Species as interchangeable words.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Then you have Breeds (which is applied to species who have artificially had characteristics of their species altered). This could arguably be applied to the different types of Zabrak's in the Galaxy of Star Wars and possibly a few other species as well, though generally it is only applied to Domestic Animals..

Actually Breed is debatable as well, yes it generally refers to outcome of a breeding programme, and while most do refer to animals it has on occassion been used to reference Humans, but this use fell out of fashion after world war 2, the Naxi's use of the term and eugenics in their politics tainted it. Technically the various Royal Families around europe prior to WW 2 were a Breed apart, as were the french aristocracy before the revolution.

Edited by AlexDougherty

I vote whatever specie Yoda is for the republic and for empire Mandolorian

Mandalorian is an Ideal, a way of life. any species (or race) can be called mandalorian.

more on topic, a nautolan race/species would be great to have!

I would also take kaleesh, duros and trandoshian as well! those would all be pretty interesting to play

*ammendment to the mandalorian comment:

there once was an actual race of mandalorians (see: Taung) but now their way of life is kept alive by any and all species that choose to live and act to a certain extent the same way they did.

Edited by Nopkar

• 6 months later...