Legacy Perk: Not "really" Legacy

Superman_AZ

This isn't a big deal, but I have purchased Legacy speeder unlocks for 5 characters so far spending upwards of 2300CC for the priveledge of riding a speeder at level 10. I'm certainly ok with the price, and I understand if I want it for all of my characters, regardless of my Legacy Level, I have to buy it. Or, I can wail til the regular levels to get the skill.

My only observation is this:

Legacy Perks should affect the Legacy, and not just the individual Character.

I would gladly spend 1500 CC - 2000 CC if it meant every character on that Legacy was unlocked at the corresponding level. Also, I would gladly pay for an unlock perk allowing Speeder Piloting from character creation at level 1.

I wonder if Legacy Perks like this will ever actually be a Legacy Perk, or if the perk should be moved into Character Abilities and removed from the mislabeled location under Legacies.

*I understand it is under "Character" and not "Global" unlocks. My point is, if it is under the Legacy tab, it should apply to the legacy and not just that one character.

This isn't a big deal, but I have purchased Legacy speeder unlocks for 5 characters so far spending upwards of 2300CC for the priveledge of riding a speeder at level 10. I'm certainly ok with the price, and I understand if I want it for all of my characters, regardless of my Legacy Level, I have to buy it. Or, I can wail til the regular levels to get the skill.

My only observation is this:

Legacy Perks should affect the Legacy, and not just the individual Character.

I would gladly spend 1500 CC - 2000 CC if it meant every character on that Legacy was unlocked at the corresponding level. Also, I would gladly pay for an unlock perk allowing Speeder Piloting from character creation at level 1.

I wonder if Legacy Perks like this will ever actually be a Legacy Perk, or if the perk should be moved into Character Abilities and removed from the mislabeled location under Legacies.

*I understand it is under "Character" and not "Global" unlocks. My point is, if it is under the Legacy tab, it should apply to the legacy and not just that one character.

Unless I am mistaken, those unlocks are not available under the legacy tab until you reach a minimum legacy level. This is what makes them legacy perks.

im confused by this post.

Do you mean that the character perks, like XP bonus and speeder pilot eventually become available/unlocked for all characters in your legacy when you reach a certain legacy level? what level is that?

Edited by Gammawaves

Do you mean that the character perks, like XP bonus and speeder pilot eventually become available/unlocked for all characters in your legacy when you reach a certain legacy level? what level is that?

I think the point was that the perks are called Legacy (for non global legacy unlocks) due to them unlocking once you gain a certain legacy level.

The UI seems pretty clear to me on global vs non-global unlocks. Sure, I'd like some more to have global options but there's a lot of things I want :)

Look in the legacy skill tree thingy, it tells you what level you need to unlock each and how much each costs.

My point was, I have Legacy Level 2 unlocked, and I have Speeder Piloting 1 unlocked. However, if I want piloting for another character, I have to pay the fee all over again since it is a CHARACTER perk listed under the Legacy and not a LEGACY perk which applies to ALL characters.

Unless I am mistaken, those unlocks are not available under the legacy tab until you reach a minimum legacy level. This is what makes them legacy perks.

That is true to a point. Before the game went F2P this was true 100%

It is under legacy because it required you to have a certain Legacy Level to unlock.

However now with the cartel market. You now either have to wait until the required legacy level to buy the unlock with credits directly. Or buy the cartel item with CC or credits off the GTN at any legacy level.

as others mentioned, there are character unlocks and global unlocks. i'm not in game to double check so i apologize if the follow is blatantly wrong, but rocket boots are global. so when you unlock those once, they are unlocked for every character. huge upgrade. bioware did good on that one.

you can get a character unlock to quick travel straight to your ship (or fleet, or a few other places). since it's a character unlock, you have to buy it for each character. there is also a global unlock that effects the timer for those. i thought it was interesting how they put that synergy in the system, so the global unlock can make the character unlock more useful and encourage you to purchase that for more toons. also, for most of those i can reasonably spend credits instead of cartel coins, so i appreciate that.

i believe this system is actually working as intended.

My point was, I have Legacy Level 2 unlocked, and I have Speeder Piloting 1 unlocked. However, if I want piloting for another character, I have to pay the fee all over again since it is a CHARACTER perk listed under the Legacy and not a LEGACY perk which applies to ALL characters.

Because it is a Character perk, not a GLOBAL perk.

There are no "legacy" perks. The LEGACY unlocks exist in multiple states -- character, global, and account (cathar + collections = account, not legacy).

Most perks have legacy level requirements to be able to purchase, hence the inclusion in a "legacy" tab.

Edited by Kilora

Yes. If you want another Character Perk you have to buy it for the character, so long as your Legacy has reached a sufficient level that it is unlocked for you to buy. The fact that it is unlocked by your Legacy Level doesn't change the fact that its a Character Perk. Not surprisingly, Character Perks apply to Characters, not across your Legacy.

I personally would be happy if they did it like they do inventory. Pay double and unlock it account wide. Saves a lot of CC and it's always there when you roll a new toon.

With that said, I'm perfectly happy waiting til level 15 and paying 250 credits to unlock speeder piloting from my skill trainer. I mean the difference between level 10 and 15 is a matter of a couple hours.

Yes. If you want another Character Perk you have to buy it for the character, so long as your Legacy has reached a sufficient level that it is unlocked for you to buy. The fact that it is unlocked by your Legacy Level doesn't change the fact that its a Character Perk. Not surprisingly, Character Perks apply to Characters, not across your Legacy.

Correct. Which is the other thing that makes no sense. I can purchase an Unlock from the CM and use it at level 10 (as a Sub) even when my Legacy was only Level 1. I just thought they should consider making the perk more Legacy Friendly by unlocking for the entire Legacy and not just per character.

the difference between level 10 and 15 is a matter of a couple hours.

True. But last night, on a speeder, the difference between 10 and 15 was just over 2 hours. Without the speeder (or Rocket Boots), my last character took almost an hour per level on foot. And yes, it would be nice if it was Legacy wide and not character specific. Make it like Adaptive gear. Allow an option to pay double and unlock it for the entire Legacy.