The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The 36 hr "lockout" on trading CM items should not include your own characters

TipCee

Hi,

The title says it all really but I just wondered what the rationale is for not making everything Bind to Legacy while its trade/sale cooldown is happening? I generally purchase packs on alts as my Main has 5 full cargo bay tabs of mats and CM gear and no room to store stuff as well as a pretty full inventory but my main is the toon that I want to have all the speeders, pets, emotes, titles etc. it just seems crazy that I have to wait 36hrs to be able to send MY stuff to MY own charcters!

I'm sure there has already been a post about this in the past and I apologise for it if there has but the longer the CM goes on (and therefore the more stuff i have stored), the more frustrating it is becoming!

Thanks

I'd love for there not to be a lockout but if had to guess its there to discourage "gold farmers" from being able to instantly purchase packs and undercut the market to get the gold for an order (not saying that there arent ways around it though). I would also think its so if people want any of the items in the first 36 hrs from a new pack release that they have to spend real money for it, not creds.

As i said my main problem with it is that its not bind to legacy during the lockout but i share your frustrations!

It would be great to see a yellow post with a reason why its BOP or even why it exists.

The lockout shouldn't exist in the first place. When I buy something, I should be able to do whatever I want with it the second after I pay for it. Period.

^This.

There's no point to the lockout. I've played other MMOs with RNG packs that had sellable items, and you could sell them right away if you wanted.

This wouldn't do anything but possibly have some people charging to little or to much on items from the start. :p

I agree. I made a Sniper because I got a very cool looking Sniper rifle only to find out I can't send it too him yet...ah well, I can in 4 1/2 more hours

Besides people say the Agent storyline is the best plus double XP is coming up, guess I'll keep him

I agree it shouldn't exist at all. But if it must, the items should be legacy bound.

On that note, why double bind? For instance, the crate is bound for 36 hours. After 36 hours I can place the crate on the GTN. Maybe it doesn't sell and I decide not to repost but to open it. Revan's Mask---cha ching! Oh, another 36 bind.

C'mon BW, at the very least make CM items legacy bound.

Edited by Vinjar

• 2 weeks later...