The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

were the prequals paying homage or ripping off the prequals and other films

Lathari

What do you think? Personally i believe that George was trying to draw parallels to the OT and other films in order to please fans apparently he failed miserably

Edited by Lathari

He did make parallels and they were fine for me, all that matters. Also failing terribly? HA, tell that to the box office and critic reviews.

I was referring to the reviewer in the link. I dont have a problem with the parallels either put he did for some reason

Edited by Lathari
spelling error

IMO George focused too much on the CGI and showing the flow of lightsaber combat and not enough on the story/plot.

I mean we got some AMAZING lightsaber battles in 1-3, but the story wasn't as good as it could of been.

What do you think? Personally i believe that George was trying to draw parallels to the OT and other films in order to please fans apparently he failed miserably

They weren't parallels, they were blatant rip-offs. That's what happens when you can't write a story, stick things in there to try to distract the audience.

They weren't parallels, they were blatant rip-offs. That's what happens when you can't write a story, stick things in there to try to distract the audience.

Is there a way to tell the difference between a parallel and a rip-off

It's a matter of degree, if it's too much like the original it's a rip-off, if it's got enough differences it's a parallel or homage.

To anybody thinking geometrically, I know this is illogical. but that's how it work's.

A parallel exists seamlessly and is woven into the story in a way that makes sense. A rip-off is when you shove something into a film for no rhyme or reason, just to have it in there.