The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shieldtech pulling massive damage?

Luckeyduckey

I'm easily topping charts with this spec. I run in mostly DPS gear, with a shield and endurance stim, but I was getting close to 1000 DPS (level 53) and much more than the rest of my team. I'm not sure if it's because I survive so long that I deal strong damage, or what? I still out DPS it in AP, but it's really close. I'll try a few matches, but has anyone else noticed this?

Not going to lie. I have seen a few PT tanks where I've seen there damage at end and thought to myself "pretty decent damage for a tank". Though I am yet to see a tank top the board.

I guess it's about the only good thing they have going for themselves at the moment.

EDIT: Went onto my 47 PT for a game and ye I topped DPS and protection :S

Was a voidstar game. Oil Slick and then Explosive Dart + Flamethrower + Death from Above + 2 Flame Sweep procs is some snazzy AoE damage.

Edited by Jayshames

Yah, it's not new for PT tanks in pvp to pull high damage especially when targets are stacking up on one teammate. PTs have good variety of AoE skills.

Just remember that pulling up high damage is not your main priority as a tank. Your teammates general well being comes first. Shieldtech's damage output is not vital to the game's outcome, the debuffs it applies are what really matters.

Edited by dijskykiller

I'm easily topping charts with this spec. I run in mostly DPS gear, with a shield and endurance stim, but I was getting close to 1000 DPS (level 53) and much more than the rest of my team. I'm not sure if it's because I survive so long that I deal strong damage, or what? I still out DPS it in AP, but it's really close. I'll try a few matches, but has anyone else noticed this?

lololololololololololololololololol