Undocumented 2.2 change to ravage..

rmdw

Folks,

While raiding last night, it became apparent that ravage channeling time is now affected by alacrity...

During beserk (as carnage) my ravages were taking 2.3 seconds to cast rather than the usual 3.

I don't think it will effect our stat priorities particularly, and it won't allow an extra attack within the gore window if you use gore + ravage - but it does give you a great deal more leeway to get in that final attack within the gore window and should allow more attacks within the 30 second ravage cycle. I was trying to line up ravage and beserk a little more than usual last night - which did seem to boost DPS somewhat.

Cheers,

Yes, actually I am finding it is a significant gamechanger. It improved my damage without any rotation changes, but I also found trying to line up ravage and berserk helped. Enough, in fact, that I think ravage+berserk might be a little better than ravage+gore if forced to choose.

I dumped a little surge for 150 points of alacrity and saw a boost. I'm carnage by the way, all underworld gear except some arkanian enhancements and 1 implant. I saw anther endgame marauders on my server sporting a little alacrity now too.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a nerf for pvp though. Now the ravage root is shorter.

It does still last the entire duration of the channeled move though so not a huge deal but still technically a nerf for pvp control.

A nerf? Maybe utility-wise, but it's a major damage buff. It decreases the chance to be stunned while casting, and allows for more damage in the Precision Slash window.

A nerf? Maybe utility-wise, but it's a major damage buff. It decreases the chance to be stunned while casting, and allows for more damage in the Precision Slash window.

^ This. I've never actually needed the full root duration when running Carnage anyway, since I also have a 3 second root on Deadly Throw.

Big buff. I noticed this about a week ago but never thought anything of it since I rarely Gore+Ravage when Berserk'd.