The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Irony from Revan fanboys

Lathari

I meant isn't, at least your threads are designed to inform. This is just, as you say, a call out.

Lol Vader vs Revan - glad I missed that party.

I have grown up over the time , I just got caught up in all the bs ... I can admit it !!

Too much to type about that and a lot I wish I could change but iPhone is horrible to type on ..... For me anyways !

As for the fight treads , maybe I need to just say my piece and not continue after that post :/

Lathari, there is an unwritten law on these forums that dictates that no more than one thread that discusses the topic of 'Revan fanboyism' can be posted within a month, for the sake of our mental health. You just broke that law.

Didnt know that new here to the forums

Lathari, there is an unwritten law on these forums that dictates that no more than one thread that discusses the topic of 'Revan fanboyism' can be posted within a month, for the sake of our mental health. You just broke that law.

Isn't there an unwritten law that you can't write down unwritten laws, er ooops.

Isn't there an unwritten law that you can't write down unwritten laws, er ooops.
Noooo! Chaos take me! :D

Oh and just to add the the overall Revan debate according to Drew Revan was 'an incredibly powerful Jedi.'

I know 'incredibly powerful' doesn't exactly provide a clear cut image of how powerful Revan really was but I suppose it is technically C-Canon and Drew, the creator of Revan, is the best source of information concerning him. Funnily enough this was from that blog thing on his page talking about how BAMF-Revan in KOTOR does not translate into reality. This is probably going to restart the debate but what the heck I thought I should share this.

Did someone in here really say kotor 2 was better then 1? Honestly people, the gameplay might have been slightly improved but the story falls off in many places not to mention the bugs !

I never understood why Kotor 1 and 2 were compared.For me they are 1 single unit.

The comparison must be between the movies and kotor1/2,not between kotor 1 and 2.The Kotor games brought a completely new dimension into Star Wars,almost like a completely new SW saga,having nothing to do with the Skywalker platitude,and many SW fans would not be fans if it was not for those games.Not to mention the strongest hardcore fans of swtor,are kotor fans,not SW galaxy and post episode 6 EU lovers.(puke)

Would also like to mention that Kotor 2 is not all about the gameplay compared to kotor 1.Dark side choices were much better in the 2 + the best secondary character in the two games- Kreia is in kotor 2, + many other atmosphere and story stuff ,which i don't care to mention right now.

Edited.

Edited by Kaedusz

I never understood why Kotor 1 and 2 were compared.For me they are 1 single unit.

The comparison must be between the movies and kotor1/2,not between kotor 1 and 2.The Kotor games brought a completely new dimension into Star Wars,and many SW fans would not be fans if it was not for those games.Not to mention the strongest hardcore fans of swtor,are kotor fans,not SW galaxy and EU post episode 6 lovers.(puke)

And by the way,the dark side choices in Kotor 1 were retarded,hands down.And they mattered only at the end.At this front Kotor 2 wins.

Also Kreia> all Kotor 1 secondary and supporting characters combined.

I agree, to me KOTOR I and KOTOR 2 are incomparable. Because they were both aimed at different things. KOTOR I attempted to emulate the traditional fantasy elements of Star Wars with heroes and villains, good and evil, princes and princesses (if you can call Bastila Shan a princess). Heck even the opening was designed to mimic A New Hope and the big reveal? Empire Strikes Back. And the Battle of the Star Forge? I thought that was very reminiscent of the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi. It excelled in doing this and provided a chapter in Star Wars that really fit the universe.

KOTOR II however did the opposite, its purpose was to question all these ideas, of good and evil and heroes and villains. It deliberately subverted the notion of a 'big reveal' and left unanswered questions. It was set in a dark age but nothing ever seemed to get brighter, there were heroes and villains on both sides and no stand point quite seemed right. Like KOTOR it excelled in doing this.

And for that reason at least in terms of story I don't compare them, and agree that the KOTOR series as a whole she be considered a full package. Both are really, really great games.

Noooo! Chaos take me! :D

Oh and just to add the the overall Revan debate according to Drew Revan was 'an incredibly powerful Jedi.'

I know 'incredibly powerful' doesn't exactly provide a clear cut image of how powerful Revan really was but I suppose it is technically C-Canon and Drew, the creator of Revan, is the best source of information concerning him. Funnily enough this was from that blog thing on his page talking about how BAMF-Revan in KOTOR does not translate into reality. This is probably going to restart the debate but what the heck I thought I should share this.

This is comparing to who at the time? It is really vague.

This is comparing to who at the time? It is really vague.
Its in comparison to noone - just a general statement. Though given its an out-of-universe quote that would be in the context of ever Force user in the Star Wars galaxy, not just the Old Republic era.

Its a vague statement yes, but its the only objective (if you can call the word of the creator objective) fact we actually possess on the matter and should be a staple-point for any argument. Not that I want to jump back into that debate again right now.

Its in comparison to noone - just a general statement. Though given its an out-of-universe quote that would be in the context of ever Force user in the Star Wars galaxy, not just the Old Republic era.

Its a vague statement yes, but its the only objective (if you can call the word of the creator objective) fact we actually possess on the matter and should be a staple-point for any argument. Not that I want to jump back into that debate again right now.

Well then at that point, we go by what he has done and judge from there seeing as that is the only way. But yes...best not to jump back in.

Did someone in here really say kotor 2 was better then 1? Honestly people, the gameplay might have been slightly improved but the story falls off in many places not to mention the bugs !

Talking about story basis solely, while Kotor 1 was great, I enjoyed Kotor 2 story more. It was complex story with complex villains and multidimensional characters. The story did not have a distinct light side and a dark side like other Starwars stories, it was all in the gray. The Jedi, for the most part were not good and the Sith were not evil.

The story was also filled with mystery. What happened to the Jedi order? Who are the Sith lords? Why are the haunting the Jedi? Most of the companions had similar back ground stories as well. How will the Jedi order (which was almost extinct) survive?

Not saying that Kotor 1 story was not good, it was, but it lacked much of the mystery and suspense its successor had.