Can't we all just stop using Bolster buffs in rateds?

jonafett

I am on the harbinger and I just switched my gear over to the "BiS' 54 purples, in anticipation of coming over to the bastion and playing against you guys. My understanding was that you all do it, and that it would be better just to switch. But from what I'm hearing a lot of you don't use it? If that's true and we all can play gentleman's rules that's great. But it will only take one good team who uses the glitch to force us all to use it. I don't want to be one of the guys who forces the change but I don't see how we are all going to be able to agree not to use it after transfers. That strategy worked on our server with 3 teams but if you take 15 teams I think it will be much harder to do.

So the best solution is just to wear BiS, we all know what is by now. They are cheap items to make. Get on it people please I don't wanna play a game trying to figure out what set to wear because our idiot opponents refuse to wear best in slot gear. Some of you may feel shame but if everyone does it there will only be even games no one can ***** about. Of course some of you guys will be stubborn but getting your *** whooped a few times will change that I'm sure

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone is super then no one is super.

The problem is that none of your toons are born with greater power than the rest of the majority, so lets just stick to PvP gear because guess what!? That's already equal. There is no need to rebalance everyone on the server's gear when we all HAVE equal gear sitting around already. If some teams want to use the exploit, they can and when they win because of it, I personally wont count it as a loss. When they lose with it, how shameful.

If everyone is super then no one is super.

The problem is that none of your toons are born with greater power than the rest of the majority, so lets just stick to PvP gear because guess what!? That's already equal. There is no need to rebalance everyone on the server's gear when we all HAVE equal gear sitting around already. If some teams want to use the exploit, they can and when they win because of it, I personally wont count it as a loss. When they lose with it, how shameful.

This is borderline insanity.

Best in slot gear is not PVP gear for many slots as you know. The simplest solution is to all wear the gear you know is best.

This glitch has been in the game for a very long time. Do none of you remember at launch when your purple implants would show as greens? They have the same issue a year later, this problem is not going to be fixed any time soon. So the sooner we all embrace it and pull the sticks out of our *** the better. We are PVP'ers quit worrying about gear you *********** *******. Even is even

In fact after thinking about it, I would say that the people who refuse to to use the crafted are *********** the rest of us over. They are the one's trying to guilt trip the rest of us into playing with **** gear. And when transfers hit all they are gonna do is ***** and moan about how they got their asses whooped over and over because they refused to gear themselves properly.

Edited by Mookind

They already said they're looking into the issue, its been addressed. The bad part about our guild is that if that a few of our guildies didn't use the 54's they wouldn't even have any pieces to replace them. We would once again be outgeared considering many of the other guilds have almost complete conq. I, myself, don't use 54's and I seriously hope it DOES get fixed soon but you gotta just roll with it atm, weapon is the only most considerable dif and that is only for certain classes like commando I've seen..........DEM 12K DEMOZ

The point of this thread ... is to get everyone to agree NOT to use these bolster exploits.

You might want to take on easier task, like genetically engineering an invisible pink unicorn or getting politicians to simply do what they think is the right thing rather than always posturing.

TANGENT: A few weeks back when the augment bolster bug was not fixed and I was using it (because, why gimp yourself?) I had a former acquaintance tell me "I haz sad that you are using augment bolster bug". Pretty much everyone in his current guild is now using the 54 greens bolster bug so I'm assuming he is suicidal.

It is amusing how different exploits have varying levels of negative public opinion. /stuck is viewed very negatively in rateds while the 54 bolster bug is seen by many (most?) as fair game (to cite 2 extremes). The naked PvP exploit was considered the proper work around to the problem of the day and not even an exploit.

GL with your campaign OP.

As far as I know MVP and strictly business are the main guilds against exploiting bolster right now. However from what I've heard (haven't been doin any ranked since I only resubbed yesterday), we're just going to tough it out until they fix it.

As far as I know MVP and strictly business are the main guilds against exploiting bolster right now.

Of course they are, they are the only guilds with class.

The rest of the guilds using the 54's are a bunch of exploiters that can't win without being carried or without a crutch.

Far as I am concerned I would shove screenshots at these forums with guild names to show how much these self proclaimed PVPer's are exploiting and using cheap tactics to beat other guilds.

The whole eye for a eye is the sole reason ranked match PVP in this game sucks.

Meh I can understand both sides reasonsings

You understand why people are using 54's?

Tell me you're reason why you think its ok not to use PVE stuff in PVP.

Edited by Caeliux

No bubble stun/No smash agreements was the dumbest **** ever done on this server. Wanting everyone to use the same gear, which isnt even BiS gear, is ridiculous. If you dont want to reaugment and put the effort into getting BiS gear then its on you.

In the current build of the game, 54s are BiS. If you dont want to wear BiS gear, and prefer to wear the much worse pvp gear, then that is fine. But dont call others who choose to wear BiS gear exploiters. Its ridiculous.

In the current build of the game, 54s are BiS. If you dont want to wear BiS gear, and prefer to wear the much worse pvp gear, then that is fine. But dont call others who choose to wear BiS gear exploiters. Its ridiculous.

Choosing to unbalance PVP and use the 54's in a PVP setting is a exploit and everyone that plays PVP knows it.

Standing up for players that can't win without a crutch means you want people to use unfair advantages in PVP.

The guilds that only use PVP gear and everything PVP are the ones having to worry about being outdamaged by those that PVE or use these 54's, and until Bioware fixes it PVP in this game will continue to be unbalanced.

Either people want balance in this game, or people want to use a exploit.

No there wont be a showdown. Caeliux is my other personality anyways and the account I post under depends on which one of us is in control of my body at that time. Any kind of showdown would result in complete and utter mental breakdown as both personalities would kill each other off and LegendaryCaeliux would be born...We dont want that.

Simple fact is that 54s are BiS for pvp. And the rated guilds agreeing not to wear BiS gear is stupid.

Yes its another huge bioware fail and a screw up and should not be that way but it is.

There are players that cant corner cap properly in novare and I would assume that the novare corner cap was not intended. So lets all agree no more corner caps until bioware fixes it.

And where does it end? No more matrix cubes? Or matrix cubes are ok (for whatever reason)....

An agreement would create alot of problems like "I just inspected scope and hes wearing a green earpeice!!!! CHEATERS!!!!" and **** like that.

Just augment the 54s for now. They are readily available to all. No one has any advantage. Intentional or not, its the best gear in the game. No ones gonna agree to put on worse gear because others dont want to wear the best gear.

Edited by LegendaryQuan

Are the matrix cubes off limit too? They are even more outdated than 54s but are currently better than a second Conq relict.

Did people cry when Scold "exploited" duplicate set bonuses in the 5 million healing game? That was an admitted oversight on BW's part, and has since been removed.

DP was not the first guild to use 54s, and I highly doubt it will be the last. From what I've seen, Synergy uses more pieces, and the Aussie guild has admitted to it too.

The truth is, people are just looking for whatever gear is the best. I'm sure most RWZ players don't like bolster at all (check my post history), but we roll with it until it's fixed. It's better than the alternative of trying to police every team on the server (cough Kand spending his whole Friday night inspecting people on the fleet). There will always be doubt and exuses that the other team "cheated" as long as we have an agreement in place.

No there wont be a showdown. Caeliux is my other personality anyways and the account I post under depends on which one of us is in control of my body at that time. Any kind of showdown would result in complete and utter mental breakdown as both personalities would kill each other off and LegendaryCaeliux would be born...We dont want that.

I loled in real life. :D

Simple fact is that 54s are BiS for pvp. And the rated guilds agreeing not to wear BiS gear is stupid.

Yes its another huge bioware fail and a screw up and should not be that way but it is.

There are players that cant corner cap properly in novare and I would assume that the novare corner cap was not intended. So lets all agree no more corner caps until bioware fixes it.

And where does it end? No more matrix cubes? Or matrix cubes are ok (for whatever reason)....

An agreement would create alot of problems like "I just inspected scope and hes wearing a green earpeice!!!! CHEATERS!!!!" and **** like that.

Just augment the 54s for now. They are readily available to all. No one has any advantage. Intentional or not, its the best gear in the game. No ones gonna agree to put on worse gear because others dont want to wear the best gear.

LQ you fail to see the big picture and is covering up something very important.

Was the 54's intended for PVP, and if not then its another Bioware blunder just like naked bolster, glitches, and every other retarded thing the PVP team has added to this game.

What does that mean?

(Hacks, exploits, macro setups like macro goblin, content eras, or any other way to gain a advantage should not be tolerated)

My point?

If the 54's or any PVE item in this game is being used, and the only means to gain that item isn't PVP, then its a problem, a exploit, a era on Bioware fault, and its up to the players to have respect not to use such things until the time it gets taken away.

Due to the nature of the abuse of the 54's, alot of guilds are very unhappy having to deal with people using a exploit/crutch to win in PVP vs teams that don't use the 54's like MVP.

So therefore any guild using this 54's as a crutch is a lame excuse for a guild, a player, and a PVPer.

If you can't play without some form of a crutch, or exploit, then why PVP at all?

That is the bottom line, there cannot be a argument countering that, only excuses.

Edited by Caeliux

Are the matrix cubes off limit too? They are even more outdated than 54s but are currently better than a second Conq relict.

Did people cry when Scold "exploited" duplicate set bonuses in the 5 million healing game? That was an admitted oversight on BW's part, and has since been removed.

DP was not the first guild to use 54s, and I highly doubt it will be the last. From what I've seen, Synergy uses more pieces, and the Aussie guild has admitted to it too.

The truth is, people are just looking for whatever gear is the best. I'm sure most RWZ players don't like bolster at all (check my post history), but we roll with it until it's fixed. It's better than the alternative of trying to police every team on the server (cough Kand spending his whole Friday night inspecting people on the fleet). There will always be doubt and exuses that the other team "cheated" as long as we have an agreement in place.

He does make a good point on the double pve set bonus.

You understand why people are using 54's?

Tell me you're reason why you think its ok not to use PVE stuff in PVP.

My reasoning is this (on using or not using). I don't pay their subs. That simple.

I can't control who does what either, and no amount of "honor code" is going to prevent that. It's the same with abusing /stuck, some people/guilds will abuse it, and there isn't anything we can do. The 54's debacle is clearly the fault of a crappy bolster system, which should NOT be on live servers, but we are dealt the crappy hand we have. I can't fault peeps for using it, but doesn't mean I have to either (which I will not). Until we get a Dev team that gives 2 chits about PvP, don't expect players to give 2 chits about honor. It's just truth man.

Edited by Pistols