The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Personal Starship Custom Skins

I would like to make a case for cartel market personal starship customization.

1. First and foremost ROI. (return on investment for all of you non-business minded folks). I feel that custom personal starships would be an amazing seller, and would generate now and future revenue as do new speeders. Well worth the cost of development. The bean counters would have to love this!

2. It fits the lore! Of course my BH who is now the top in the Galaxy would fly something better than the one he "acquired" when he first started. And my member of the Dark Council would fly something different than when he was a mere learner.

3. Options are near unlimited. Even the size limitations that like a speeder has could be worked around. Say you had a Star Destroyer, the player could just take a Tie Fighter out for space missions!

4. It would be really cool. And I hear rumors that SWTOR staff love cool things.

and last NUMBER FIVE - Return on investment! Yes, I know I said that first. But SWTOR is a for profit company and profit is a good thing! If SWTOR makes a ton of money then that equals more development, more game, and that means more fun for me!

Best regards,

Russ

(Oxin on Shadowlands)

I don't know how feasible this is for them to do, but I would definitely love to at least be able to apply dye packs to my ships. Maybe make the lasers moddable so that we can put color crystals in them to change the color of our shots?

I would support this. It would be cool if I could get a new ship just by dragging a item in to a ship slot like you can with comps. Just for a change I would purchase something like this. i mean the return on investment should be pretty good if they keep it around 15-20$ range. :)

• 1 year later...
I don't know how feasible this is for them to do, but I would definitely love to at least be able to apply dye packs to my ships. Maybe make the lasers moddable so that we can put color crystals in them to change the color of our shots?

They can do what ever we ask for it's just a question on how lazy they want to be. Color changes aren't that hard, besides the fact that you're pretty much going to be the only one that sees your ship. And they can have a dual use for dyes already in use for Armor etc. I mean they already do it with Star fighters; why not Personal Star Ships? :csw_bluesaber: