The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How Revan should have ended?

Lathari

with revan dieing.

Dying*. :p But yes...would add for shock value. Plus to put it bluntly, we don't really need him in TOR's timeline...there really isn't any reason for him to be here. You could have just replaced him some other new character Jedi Master in the Prison/Foundry(thus also introducing possibly an interesting character into Star Wars lore). That isn't to say I don't mind Revan being here, just that he isn't really needed anymore.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

With his ultimate whereabouts and end remaining a mystery, that's one of the biggest problems with Star Wars since the pre-quels. They explain everything, it doesn't need to be explained or tied up all the time. TBH that in general is the biggest problem with movies as well, leaving something up to interpretation is not a bad thing.

They should have left it alone from where KOTOR 1 ended and just mention that he confronted the Emperor.

Edited by Hendar

How it should have ended? First we need to address how it was written.

But to answer the question. I would have martyred them. Give the sense of hopelessness to the reader when they see two great heroes fall before the mighty Sith Emperor.

That and I don't like seeing Revan in TOR. Not his game to be in. The little side-quests provide adequate nostalgia (and I love nostalgia).

Before the first chapter began. The book should have never been written in the first place.

Good troll thread though OP. I'm sure all the Revan fans will come out the woodworks telling everyone how Revan should have killed the Emperor by looking at him in a mean manner.

Edited by Jandi

I think how it ended is fine. Especially given that Revan plants the seed for peace with the Republic at the end of war (the Empire could've smashed them) so even thought he's in that prison for so many years, he saves the Republic (at least? ;)) one more time. I could've done without the Scourage just being a rookie to get flashes of the future then he decides to act rashly on one of his visions. But for Revan it was alright

Revan should have walked into dk with meetra, camdorous, Hk-47, and a ship full of mandos. Slapped tha (s)ugar (h)oney (i)ce (t)ea outta scourge & the dark council, took a baridium bomb....shined it up real nice, turned that sob sideways, & stuck it straight up the emperors candy ....! Then went home & retired in peace with his wife & child. The end.

Revan should have walked into dk with meetra, camdorous, Hk-47, and a ship full of mandos. Slapped tha (s)ugar (h)oney (i)ce (t)ea outta scourge & the dark council, took a baridium bomb....shined it up real nice, turned that sob sideways, & stuck it straight up the emperors candy ....! Then went home & retired in peace with his wife & child. The end.

Lmao, this is full of pure awesome.

I second Aurbere's post. Its not the ending that was the problem, but the entire novel. To avoid ranting lets just say the entire first half of the book should have been rewritten, and then some. It makes no canonical sense.

I'm happy with the ending though. Because that sets up the reasons behind the Cold War and the events that followed that. If Revan died the Republic wouldn't exist today. Some kind of mechanic had to be introduced their. I'm also fine with Meetra dying too, by that point she had served her purpose. And having Scourge become the Emperor's Wrath ties in nicely with the JK story.

So really, the ending of the novel is the only real part I would keep the same. Should he have reappeared in SWTOR? Yes. But not in the way he did. Not that I'm entirely opposed to how events turned out, it at least made sense.

Well it woudl be cool for 1. Revans old outfit and his 2 lifghtsaber, that is how i want him to look at least.

now for hwo it would had ended would be an operation with 16 players.

On both side we have a starting quest where we see Revan and HK 47 want to destroy the sith empire. so on sith we meet good revan while on republic side they meet evil revan.

In the battle he use the force to transform life and every companions Revan had in KoToR comes back to life and we batle them all.

At the end Revan gets pissed and make teh exile coem back and we have to fight them both at 30% left on Revan.

WHen we defete them both all of them are gone and revan stands alone and he relise that only we can stop the next big enemy that is to come.

He then fall to teh ground and crys for Bastila and his Child. Satele Shan watches and start the jedi order to go to the frontline to end the big enemy that is to come.

At the end of the Revan Novel beside his General and friend Meetra aka Exile !

Or turned out to be the Emperor because he was truly a evil bastard ........... After all most people like Darth Revan and not Revan .........just saying .

There is no Revan Figure but there is a Darth Revan figure :p

Foundry Flash Point was useless but the Rep side was a tad bit more interesting . I found the Exile voice in the one Flash Point to be truly awesome . I was not happy with her Ghost , I thought they could have gave her , her own model ............

Edited by mefit