Pause on the new content, FIX THE BUGS

MadDutchman

I'm noticing a pattern here.

Release of marginal new content, with even more bugs.

only tiny proportion of old bugs fixed.

This is an incredibly bad practice as far as software development is concerned, and will in the long run make it WAY more costly to fix. Finding a bug in a program of this size can be difficult enough to begin with, it gets even harder the more you pile on top of it.

It doesn't take much combing through the forum to see the number of people who are getting annoyed by all these little bugs floating around.

So my suggestion is this: Stop with the new content for a little while, say 2-4 weeks, and focus all your energy into fixing these bugs. The forum is full of bug reports and complaints. Frankly since the release of the cartel market, there hasn't been any really good new content anyway. I don't give a darn about achievements or reputation when EXISTING content still isn't fully formed. Especially when its been that way SINCE BEFORE LAUNCH!

Its especially annoying when these are simple problems like incorrect audio modulation or companion skin/clothing texturing problems.

You don't even have to pause on the new content. Just actually have some people working on the bugs semi-consistently and it'd be better than what seems to go on now. MMOs are going to focus on the new stuffs to get people in the door, but keeping the stuffs working is also going to help get people in the door and make them more likely to stay. Sometimes too much tunnel vision from MMO devs.

You don't even have to pause on the new content. Just actually have some people working on the bugs semi-consistently and it'd be better than what seems to go on now. MMOs are going to focus on the new stuffs to get people in the door, but keeping the stuffs working is also going to help get people in the door and make them more likely to stay. Sometimes too much tunnel vision from MMO devs.

True enough, however they haven't done a very good job of multitasking thus far so that's why I suggested they focus their efforts on the bugs for awhile.