The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cross Healing in WZ

Grobiou

I play AP PT and only do WZs and mostly solo queue. I can use flame thrower effectively so I can dish good damage if I'm not in the kill priority list. I'm seeking help to deal with cross healing in WZ. I can pull some tricks in cross healing that worked like use AoE stun to stop the other healer from healing while my team finish one of the two healers. Another trick is to catch the tank and the healer together with prototype flame thrower to do a lot of damage to the tank if low enough stun the healer and finish the tank.

My current problem is that guard have 15m range and now other players guard without getting close to the healer or both healer stay far from the other. This basically makes my AoE stun move or my prototype flamethrower useless vs cross healing. I can pull them to create the conditions to do the moves described above but I can only use it every 50 secs. Also, the AoE stun is a long cooldown.

I'm trying to stay solo queue and getting into the pre-made grounds that looks like my only option right now. Any help?

Edited by Grobiou

Use grapple more. Other than that idk what to tell you other than dot the crap out of everything.

Also just roll a sniper, you'll have no issue killing anything. Snipers got some great defensives too. PTs are kindameh right now in terms of damage, not bad but not great.

Probabably an ambiguous title as well, should be something more like "Dealing with cross healing in WZ's" some might have thought it was a mispost to the merc forums.

+1 on the grapple, spec with prototype tools, use it often and keep spamming the interrupt key. AP gets the quell cooldown reduction, making it easier to spam.

Other than that, AP has a hard time with healers, because you can't do more than 5K with any attack per second. Even your proto flame thrower does what? 9K? In three seconds? That's only equivalent to two regular attacks and a GCD, and it still doesn't average 5K.

They can heal your level of DPS, you do no burst, and your one bleed DOT doesn't worry them much. You can fire off your seven shoulder rockets every GCD and that helps, but let's be serious, you can only do that every 2 minutes? LOL!

...and BW can't figure out why we're so pissed off about their broken unbalanced game.

TL;DR Healers with guards don't run from AP. if they don't run, roll, vanish, or scream for help, the healing doesn't stop.

Edited by Brunner_Venda
Felt like it

About the 5k damage thing, there are more options but try this one: Retractable, explosive Dart, shoulder cannon, Electro dart, shoulder cannon, prototype flame thrower, rail shot, shoulder cannon. If not enough then you can follow with immolate and rocket Punch.

Of course, you need to hit a few flame bursts and a rocket push before the above combo for better results.

Edited by Grobiou

About the 5k damage thing, there are more options but try this one: Retractable, explosive Dart, shoulder cannon, Electro dart, shoulder cannon, prototype flame thrower, rail shot, shoulder cannon. If not enough then you can follow with immolate and rocket Punch.

Of course, you need to hit a few flame bursts and a rocket push before the above combo for better results.

He means you can get over 5k in one attack, like almost every other class can. You rely on a channel that's incredibly easy to dodge. Honestly AP is better for survivability in pvp, not damage. Shoulder cannon is nice, but like Brunner said, long cd. Plus I like to save that for when I'm stunned, just as a f you for stunning me. Lol

Also Explosive dart is not worth the heat. Does minimal damage per cost. Only good thing on it is the range.

Edited by Sardonyyx

That's what I meant.

I never saw a 6K damage single hit damage medal until I spec'd pyro. Meaning AP never hit 6K. Period. Pyro does consistently, sometimes 2-3 times in a row. Take that smashers.

I didn't get consistent 5K PVP damage achievements until I spec'd pyro either. Meaning that AP ALMOST NEVER hit 5K damage. Every single pyro match did, usually in the opening move.

AP doesn't have a single GCD 6K button. What AP does have is the mechanisms to do over 6K damage in single GCD time interval. If a player doesn't like the playing mechanism, that is another thing. Flame thrower can be stopped or evaded, but that isn't a problem for a skilled AP player as it isn't the lack of one button big hit.

AP doesn't have a single GCD 6K button. What AP does have is the mechanisms to do over 6K damage in single GCD time interval.

No. It doesn't. Not if you don't count shoulder cannon.

1. The CD on that is too godawful long to count as something in your rotation.

2. Pyro has it too. Should I raise my single attack calculation to 9-10K for the four rockets I can fire every 2 minutes?

Look. I don't hate AP. I like the spec, ALOT. I love playing it, It just lacks the burst to close the deal in a fight against a team with healing.

* The hardest hitters (rail shot and immolate) do about 4.5k on a crit, but are on a 15 second timer!

* Rocket punch crits all of the time for 4k or so, which is nice.

* FB does a bit more under AP, i've seen it do 3.5-4k up front. You lose the whole CGC burn damage, but it's worth it.

* As I pointed out earlier, the three second channel flame thrower is worth about two regular attacks that do around 4.5K.

It's a steady stream of 4K attacks, which is not bad at all to be honest, because you can kill someone in a single rotation. It also has great defense, a smasher can't just lol stun and lol smash you. This makes AP an amazing 1v1 spec, you never lose duels! It just lacks the burst to punch through all of the healing in this game. With all of the pre made teams in regular, you can't win unless their healer dies. Constantly.

I want AP fixed in PVP. Immolate needs a buff. Rail shot needs more armor pen. If the spec could break 5K on just two single target attacks with a 15 second CD, it wouldn't be OP.

This was about how to handle cross healers but it looks like the problem is more of teamwork vs teamwork. I mostly agree with what you say, but just to clarify on the damage numbers:

Of course, this depends on the gear you select and the spec. RP can hit for little higher than 4.5K if you spec for it and go all aim/power/surge on your gear. With the same gear and spec for max fire damage, Prototype Flamethrower do a minimum of 7K in the worst case if you don't get stunned or knocked back. Explosive dart does about the same damage as Flame Burst, but delayed for the same heat cost plus hit any enemy that is close to the explosion. Still, Flame Bursts have other advantages.

Edited by Grobiou