The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

ETA on traditional Jedi robes?

Valiant Jedi robes.

Yeah because traditional robes have armor :p Putting that aside that is just one set. That ain't a lot of variety considering there are littery dozens of sets that were hood-down in beta but are no longer in game. And the more customisation we can have the better.

Eric responded specfically to the post which contained those two examples: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/ba/Jedi_masters1.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111211221706/starwars/images/thumb/e/ea/QuiGonFull-SWE.png/285px-QuiGonFull-SWE.png

Those are not in the game. -_-

Feeling an urge to necro that thread lol.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• 2 weeks later...

Very much looking forward to this too.

All current jedi robes being hood up or with armor and always having those silly short sleeves.

And I'd very much like to see a version without the outer robe. Throw in dyes and everyone is happy.

It looks alright, a step closer once more to the real thing, but not quite there yet. Still those silly short sleeves, the belt over the coat and no flap on the front.

I'd still want it though while waiting for something better.

that relnex set or whatever looks just awful and not even close. the only fortunate thing is it has a hood down.

I agree. But I have a feeling this is the closest thing we will ever get.

I just don't quite understand what the designers don't understand; seems simple to me:

- Battle Expulsor set

- Remove extraneous tubes

- Hood down (not missing)

- Belt inside the outer robe

- add sleeves (although I suspect the sleeves are purposely missing because the this terrible engine would clip the sleeves miserably).

Or in other words, make the Battle Expulsor set have a love child with the Valiant set.

I just don't quite understand what the designers don't understand; seems simple to me:

- Battle Expulsor set

- add sleeves (although I suspect the sleeves are purposely missing because the this terrible engine would clip the sleeves miserably).

Or in other words, make the Battle Expulsor set have a love child with the Valiant set.

This. :)

- Battle Expulsor set

So much this^

And damnit give Eradicators mask a voice modulation already!

It's an alright robe while we wait for better yes. But the sad truth is that the relnex robe should have been in the game from the start. There where 4358943598298 versions with the hood up already included, yet not a single one with the hood down.

I don't think that we will ever be satisfied with the robes in SWTOR. To do a correct Jedi rob it needs to be loose fitting & flowing. I don't think that the crapy 3D engine can handle that type of design because of all the clipping.

Looks like we will be stuck with an endless line of Cheap Hotel Pants.

Well the pants can be tight as long as the chestpiece is good. And wider sleeves should work fine with simpler gloves. just not the big ones. Seeing how a lot of hairstyles are clipping with some chestpieces and headgear, I dont see the problem there.

Wider pants would be nice, but if you have a chestpiece like what mace windu is wearing that is a longer tunic, it wouldnt matter much. I really like the lenght of his tunic.

Aspiring Knight/ Relaxed Vestment pants - they have hanging cloth so bioware can make nicer Jedi pants.

Handmaiden's pants also have a skirt so imo they're capeable of doing it.

I think they should do it like they did with the hair - new hair is clipping a lot and so should be with the long sleeves. Take it or leave it. That's the best we can do. We have short sleeves if you don't like it. Clipping sleeves wouldn't bother me much, used to it from KotOR 2 or Jedi Academy custom models. It doesn't look bad.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue