The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

ETA on traditional Jedi robes?

the battle expulsor's robe is totally different from traditional robes seen in the pics i linked. so no, they are not in game.

You are right. They are so clueless. :p Also problems with battle expulsor set are:

class/armor type restricted

Permanent hood up

short sleeves

UNECESSARY big tubes on gloves and boots

Entire set is tough to obtain as it is a Coruscant random world loot. Quite stupid for a generic Jedi outfit.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I never understood how what in the original Star Wars movie was seemingly merely Tatooine fashion, suddenly became "Jedi Robes" in the prequels. Ben dressed that way because he was hiding on Tatooine one assumed, or was Uncle Owen a Jedi too? Luke only dressed like that before he was a Jedi (when he was a simple Tatooine farmboy), and stopped dressing that way when he actually became a Jedi. Why did the Sand People ape Jedi fashion? And if they were so recognisable as Jedi robes, why the hell did Ben keep wearing them while pretending not to be a Jedi? Bit of a bloody giveaway, that one.

Maybe because it was never meant to be Jedi fashion, it's just that the creators of modern Star Wars are so creatively bereft that they just copy everything from the original trilogy and then turn it into some kind of archetypal blueprint? Like all Hutts are gangsters and the Twi'leks are an entire race of sexy slave girls?

I never understood how what in the original Star Wars movie was seemingly merely Tatooine fashion, suddenly became "Jedi Robes" in the prequels. Ben dressed that way because he was hiding on Tatooine one assumed, or was Uncle Owen a Jedi too? Luke only dressed like that before he was a Jedi (when he was a simple Tatooine farmboy), and stopped dressing that way when he actually became a Jedi. Why did the Sand People ape Jedi fashion? And if they were so recognisable as Jedi robes, why the hell did Ben keep wearing them while pretending not to be a Jedi? Bit of a bloody giveaway, that one.

Maybe because it was never meant to be Jedi fashion, it's just that the creators of modern Star Wars are so creatively bereft that they just copy everything from the original trilogy and then turn it into some kind of archetypal blueprint? Like all Hutts are gangsters and the Twi'leks are an entire race of sexy slave girls?

Fair point. Luke's Jedi outfit was a simple black suit. Only Yoda and Ben wore robes, and both of them were part of the old Jedi Order, when the Order were simply advisers rather than warriors.

I so wish they could make a armor almost like the Valiant Jedi Armor just with a normal robe underneath instead of armor. But instead of giving us what we want, they make useless armors like the Turncoat armor.... I have yet to see anyone with that armor in the game.

But instead of giving us what we want, they make useless armors like the Turncoat armor.... I have yet to see anyone with that armor in the game.

You're telling me people are reluctant to spend 900 CC on an outfit that looks like a level 1 starter set? Crazy. As others have said, it makes you look like a space custodian. It's terrible.

Edited by MilleniumSolo

You are right. They are so clueless. :p Also problems with battle expulsor set are:

class/armor type restricted

Permanent hood up

short sleeves

UNECESSARY big tubes on gloves and boots

Entire set is tough to obtain as it is a Coruscant random world loot. Quite stupid for a generic Jedi outfit.

And don't forget the biggest sin of all ... belt outside of the robe.

And don't forget the biggest sin of all ... belt outside of the robe.

I have no clue what was the reasoning behind such desig as the Valiant set showed there are no technological issues with it. Even before the Valiant set, consulars had access to robes with no belts around waists. So no tech. Just poor design. It almost look like the artists aren't familiar enough with Star Wars and its lore.

• 3 weeks later...
I couldn't agree more! when are these coming! I want the valiant Jedi armor with option for hood up/down , long sleeve, and cloth inside the robe instead of armor and no belt or cloth belt.. Edited by vaalik

I am unable to find Eric's quote but I am 100% sure he did say that those are in "plans" good few months ago! We all know that plans are changing, though. And yeh, I dream of a valiant-like robe with tunic instead of an armor and brown overcoat with hood down and long sleeves!

And then I'd love to get the tunic chest piece on it's own as well. You know, rping throwing the coat away before combat with a boss! I really want to make a quality TOR story movies, properly edited and played without interface at times. I want characters wearing appropriate outfits instead of mix and matching them like on most videos. Some look hideous! I already got an amazing collection in my cargo and collections. It's huge and the only thing I need now is a better PC and traditional hood-down outfitting for Sith and Jedi.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Calling people clueless doesn't help your case. Also putting how many credits you have in your signature is just...wow.

They have Jedi robes in game already, but I think you're talking about plain brown ones. You can achieve this by simply getting the Eradicators set, then dying them brown if you want a hood, and if you really don't like the armor underneath then on pub side there are full robes that you can also dye brown that have a shirt underneath, I have one on my Jedi, looks just like Old Bens robe, and your "traditional" robes. Look on the gtn, you will see them I promise, there's at least one or two that look good.

Im with Alec on this one.

Sure there are some great robes on the GTN but... hood up, hood up, yeah and hood up. I don't know whats the big deal about putting the hood-down ones on the CM. They are in game, on npc we also could see them in the game trailers.

Im with Alec on this one.

Sure there are some great robes on the GTN but... hood up, hood up, yeah and hood up. I don't know whats the big deal about putting the hood-down ones on the CM. They are in game, on npc we also could see them in the game trailers.

Valiant Jedi robes.