The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

4/18/24 Management Build (PvP)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801bMZMsrroboZfhrrzRbM.3

Stop I already know what you're thinking. Now hear me out.

Voidstar 1

Voidstar 2

Novare Coast

I created this build for three reasons.

1. I needed a build with better ammo management that still has good dps.

2. I needed a spec that comprehended with the fact that vanguard dps are squishy and theres nothing we can do to change that.

3. I needed a spec that could harass healers and at the same time do more than just tickle them.

Now a lot of us vanguards/powertechs know the position we're in is a pretty ****** one. There are three groups of people within this **** storm.

Group 1: Those who only whine and post re-roll to every vanguard/powertech thread.

Group 2: Those who are sticking to their guns and marching through the eye of the hurricane hoping to find great success on the other side.

Group 3: Those who are undecided who want to stay with their van/pt but are being swayed by those in group 1.

This spec is not here to give better survivability to vanguards. Because lets be honest do those specs ever do what they say. Now my spec is not by any means better than any other its just the one I feel most comfortable with. Now this spec is facing reality. Were not the same class we were pre 2.0 and we have to realize that. Our burst is gone, the little survivability that assault/pyro had was stripped and given to tactics/ap. My goal is to not to recreate what we once had but to help us compete.

When you first look up at the tactics tree you see I've taken Gut and Battering Ram. Gut does a considerable amount of damage and it's direct damage is great too I've seen it hit for around 1.5K a couple of times. Since our burst was taken from us we need something to make up for it so why not some extra damage.

Battering Ram - Ion Pulse has a 30% chance to make your next Stockstrike free. Now take a look at Ionic Accelerator while Plasma Cell is active, Ion Pulse has a 45% chance and Stockstrike has a 60% chance to finish the cooldown on High Impact Bolt and make the next High Impact Bolt free. Now 80% of the time I spamming Ion Pulse trying to get that free HIB but what if you could get two treats with just one quarter.

Now this theory looked great in my head and even greater on paper so I had to try it out. Well what do you know more than half the time that I was spamming Ion Pulse I triggered a free SS along with a free HIB. See the beauty of this is you can spam ion pulse trigger a free SS hit HIB then hit SS and trigger yet another free HIB all of which was free. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Electro Shield, Nightvision Scope, Hyper Assault Cell, Soldiers Endurance, and Parallactic Combat Stims are entirely up to you in which to choose. Now obviously for the purpose of this build you would want to take Parallactic Combat Stims but like I said it's up to you.

Your Priority Rotation would look something like this:

1. Battle Focus

2. Gut ( If in range)

3. Incendiary Round

4. Ion Pulse till triggered free HIB

5. Stockstrike if triggered

6. HIB

This is a PvP build I haven't done any PvE content with this build so PvE at your own risk :D

All I'm asking for is for you to try out this build and tell me what you think you don't have to follow the rotation posted that was just to give you an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent the last few days going through Vanguard build I have found on the forums and trying them in PvP. Most of them are a hybrid that focus on tankyness but deal next to no damage. I have tried yours for a few games and am really liking it, I feel like I can actually do damage once again.

Thanks heaps for posting this :)

I have spent the last few days going through Vanguard build I have found on the forums and trying them in PvP. Most of them are a hybrid that focus on tankyness but deal next to no damage. I have tried yours for a few games and am really liking it, I feel like I can actually do damage once again.

Thanks heaps for posting this :)

Np that was my intention to bring all of our van/pts back from the grave and give us a build that works and puts out good numbers. :D

Edited by ChaoticDynamite

Seems like the pre 2.0 spec sort of. I like the free SS/RP though. I've just given up on my powertech after being at the bottom of my raid parse for so long, I love the class, but there needs to be some fixing done ASAP. They've stripped us of all our power lol. I'll have to try the spec out though since I only pvp with my toon now.

Seems like the pre 2.0 spec sort of. I like the free SS/RP though. I've just given up on my powertech after being at the bottom of my raid parse for so long, I love the class, but there needs to be some fixing done ASAP. They've stripped us of all our power lol. I'll have to try the spec out though since I only pvp with my toon now.

Appreciate it. Please come back and repost your thoughts on the build afterwards i'm very curious to see what others think.:D