The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Legacy Items/End Game Content.

Jamalzero

Dear Bioware,

I have been playing S.W.T.O.R. since its early launch date of 19 December 2010 and I do think this game is fun; however, since I've been playing it the only issue i have is its legacy abilities and slightly story. I have five max level characters and I saw once you finish your story line in chapter 3 you gain certain abilities. Don't get me wrong i love that i truly do; however, seeing as you need you companion out to do them makes it very limited let alone the 20 min cool down for the heroic moment being 20 mins....come on why have the legacy abilities have a 10 min cooldown if the thing you need to start them up is 20 mins long i mean seriously....anyway because of this i have only finished the story with only 2 of my 5 max level characters i just dont see the point. i mean my Operative is lv 55 in Full Tier 1 Gear, and Kaliyo is in Full Black Hole Gear and i haven't started Nar Shadaa. there really is no point in finishing the story let alone doing the stroy at all if there is no real benifit. I can just start a toon use my legacy abilities and cartel coins to travel to a lv 50 planet and cover the map to reach lv 10 in ten minutes then pvp and flashpoint my way up to 55 (which ive done so i know its possible).

Now what would make me finish my story and would be really interesting? Adding Defections to the game...now that would be fun. After finishing chapter 3 you get two passes....and you can only use them once and that's it. Pass one, "Defect to the Empire/Republic" Keeping your class and animations to that class but you are on the opposing faction (eg. Trooper class, "imperial trooper" would be the new title for that class. you keep all of your abilities and all of the animations of your abilities but you're a trooper. NOT a bounty hunter). Id assume you all would call the jedi class Dark Jedi Guardian/ Fallen Jedi Sage/ Corrupt Gunslinger/ Shady Scoundrel...but anyway the second pass would be to Defect back to your previous Faction. Because lets be honest here there are such things in the star wars universe as fallen jedi/good bounty hunters/sith that found clarity in the force/ imperial troopers etc. I assure you if you did something like this in a new patch or in a new expansion id me motivated to finish the story on every toon just to get a Defection pass. Or even if it was a Cartel Market Item id do it but me personally i think it should be a 50+ item with a story completion requirement.

Another thing that would make the game more fun would be adding in an actual purpose for the cantina, putting swoop bike racing in the game, after a random WZ que you can choose what wz you want to que for much like group finder flashpoint que, or even adding a battle royal warzone....one giant map with a beautiful terrain thats fair for all classes giving height advantages for snipers/gunslingers and flat ground for the melee but that can still walk up to with out too much effort so people wont ***** and complain about RDPS advantages. and the only purpose for the wz is to get as many kills withing 30 mins...it may seem like a long time but huttball, novare coast, Civil war seem pretty short if you're fighting the whole time....it only seems pretty long if you're defending a Door, Node, or scoring back to back with no interference from the other team.

If my voice was heard by the staff and at least one of ideas is implemented in the game I thank you BW.