Best 2.0 PvE DPS set bonus?

nadiel

Vengeance is 2 piece marauder 2 piece vindicator

Rage is 4 piece Vindicator. If you use Ravage in your rotation as Rage you're doing it wrong.

When were you going to post the video showing and explaining your vengence set up?

Vengeance is 2 piece marauder 2 piece vindicator

Rage is 4 piece Vindicator. If you use Ravage in your rotation as Rage you're doing it wrong.

With the 2/2 bonuses, I've found that I parse better with Ravage than without. If I had the Scream bonus, I could certainly dump Ravage with comfort. Of course, part of that could be that I'm so comfortable with Vengeance that I have a hard time leaving Ravage alone.

With the 2/2 bonuses, I've found that I parse better with Ravage than without. If I had the Scream bonus, I could certainly dump Ravage with comfort. Of course, part of that could be that I'm so comfortable with Vengeance that I have a hard time leaving Ravage alone.

haha, thats totally a legitimate issue. For the Bounty hunters in S&V I always switch to Rage spec and I only get like 3rd dps because im so wired for Vengeance.

Spamming the appropriate abilities to get smash a lower cooldown will outparse any other rotation using ravage however.. There are just too many GCD's wasted during the Ravage channel to benefit over earlier smashes.

I did some test parses with my Guardian when I first started looking at DPS and I actually parsed higher using Master Strike (Ravage) after every third Smash. I can go back and test again now that I am more geared but are you sure that it's better to forgo Ravage?

Not to mention Loufucai (Highest parsing Jugg, both specs), uses Ravage almost on CD in his Rage parses.

It's a very good parse, the adds at the start offer a huge advantage to smash. The damage graph spikes up to 35k at one point! Now all me and Ison want to do is smash.

I suspect the 4p could be better or at least, very close for vengeance considering the frequent use of auto crit screams compared to ravages. The 2 piece weapon master would depend on how lucky you are, with a good proc streak favoring the boost to ravage damage.

Edited by Marb

It's a very good parse, the adds at the start offer a huge advantage to smash. The damage graph spikes up to 35k at one point! Now all me and Ison want to do is smash.

I suspect the 4p could be better or at least, very close for vengeance considering the frequent use of auto crit screams compared to ravages. The 2 piece weapon master would depend on how lucky you are, with a good proc streak favoring the boost to ravage damage.

With Vengeance, there isn't even a competition. On a bad day, Ravage is 18% of your damage. I don't believe I've ever seen Scream hit even 16%, and that's including a parse where I used Scream on an average timer of one every 9.8 seconds. While I have yet to conclusively prove this to be the case, I am fairly certain that the Scream damage bonus does not impact the bleed effect, since it has it's own ability name.

Hey guys, I noticed I got mentioned for my parses here. I will share a bit about my gears, spec and rotation for the Rage lovers out there.

I am using 2/2 Jugg/Mara bonuses strictly because the Mara's gears stats are better(Power instead of Crit). I'd prefer to get 4p Jugg for Rage, but hasn't had the luck to get them. I'm running with 100% Accuracy(Some say it would be better to have a bit of balance between Accuracy and Surge, but I just hate it when my abilities miss), 0 Crit and the rest is Surge. Currently using DG clicky + Underworld Power proc relics and Strength augments.

Rotation is pretty simple: SMASH! :p Get Shockwave stacks and auto-crit Smash buff early before your next Smash. Ravage after Smash to get the 9% damage benefit. Skip Ravage if there's secondary target to Smash on. And then just use Vicious Throw, Force Scream, Vicious Slash, Sundering Assault is that order to reduce Smash CD. I only use Saber Throw when I'm out of range and Force Charge is on CD.

Spec 0/10/36: http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/juggernaut/10/?build=000000000000000000000000000000000302302000000000000000000000000003222201010202301121032003200100&ver=20

Edited by Loufu

With Vengeance, there isn't even a competition. On a bad day, Ravage is 18% of your damage. I don't believe I've ever seen Scream hit even 16%, and that's including a parse where I used Scream on an average timer of one every 9.8 seconds. While I have yet to conclusively prove this to be the case, I am fairly certain that the Scream damage bonus does not impact the bleed effect, since it has it's own ability name.

Maybe I just have terrible proc chance, but I can often go a solid 2mins without a single ravage proc, I suppose that's what made me start thinking about the 4p. I'm currently using the 2/2 but just end up speccing rage for most fights unless its a target dummy like thrasher.

Maybe I just have terrible proc chance, but I can often go a solid 2mins without a single ravage proc, I suppose that's what made me start thinking about the 4p. I'm currently using the 2/2 but just end up speccing rage for most fights unless its a target dummy like thrasher.

That is a horrible proc rate. Assuming you are using Impale appropriately (10-12 uses in 120 seconds), you should expect to see around 3 procs in a 120 second window, since the cooldown on Impale is the same as that on Rampage. That is without factoring in Shatter proc chance.

Its one of those things that can't really be controlled, when a streak of procs happen it's just amazing, but I can't rely on it when I need that proc. I find the general fight to fight performance is much better with rage, its much more operation friendly in general. Dummy numbers don't really mean much when you have to move or switch targets with bleeds and ravages. I would be interested to see if vengeance could rival rage on hm styrak (minus the adds at the start).

And I'm curious about not using ravage for single target dps as rage spec, you can easily fit in a ravage after every 3rd smash while force crush is ticking down. There is no way that an extra two viscous slashes would push ravage off the table completely for a single target, even when taking the smash cd reduction into account. The only time I can think where you would ignore ravage is if you are fighting more then one target, in that case you would want to go from smash to smash asap.

Edited by Marb

It's simple math - any parse (even from non-dummy fights) will generally show Master Strike/Ravage as a higher % of overall damage than Blade Storm/Scream. If you can provide an 8% bonus to only one of them (which happens to be the case here), it just makes sense to give it to the one that generally provides more damage output in battle to maximize your DPS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.