So what did BW get RIGHT? Hard to tell.

FatherJeffrey

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse.

- Terrible controls: Clunky, unresponsive and heavy. Controls aren't 100% on key yet, but they're not terrible by any shot. It could use a bit of fine tuning. Lets not forget that WoW at release had the same problem.

- Everything is instanced to an extreme. Only heavy story element areas are instanced to help improve and project the story. One of the pillars of this game is story this decision makes sense. Maybe this isn't a game for you?

- Terrible graphics: Lack of options too. Graphics are great, maybe you don't like the art style? Some of the graphic options should be re-enabled like AA. Remember this is an MMO.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed. There are 3 difficulties of raids, meant for casual/normal/hardcore. In beta it was tuned to be much harder then faceroll at first start. mod support doesn't need to be there if the developers listen to the base and put in good features like damage meters, but not raid helpers.

- Companions are silly, why not make the character more powerful instead. Companions are a way to progress story, and give your character a unique feel. Again maybe this game isn't for you. You obviously don't like story.

- NO DR in PvP: ROFL! They have DR in PvP, you just aren't high enough level to get access to the gear.

- No PvP brackets: 50's just dominate all. This is farther from the truth. Sure a lvl 10 will struggler against a lvl 50, but about lvl 30 you get all your main skills for pvp minus a few things here and there and by 40 you have a full talent tree.

- No combat tab: Big ***? I agree with this one

- Broken loot system: Anyone can need on anything, even if they can't use it. Most games don't release with this options, on top of that if people ninja just don't group with them old fashion style

- Can't pick another advanced tree without leveling. well duh, who would support changing classes on a character? No game does this. You can respec your talent. This is pretty stupid to bring up.

- No LFG system - Spamming chat while also being in an instanced area. I can go with a server only LFG but cross server is just stupid at this point, when the game ages sure, and they already said they would in the future.

- Terrible UI: Can't hide not used icon slots. game can use some UI updates, its a process based on feedback, so give good feedback maybe?

- No target of target ok

- Targeting is **** and placement of targets icon is even worse. Tab can use a bit of improvement, but outside of that it is fine.

- Terrible in game map: Cant zoom or do anything you really don't need to zoom much on the map

- No UI scaling, actually pretty much no UI options at all. Agreed

- Terrible AH UI: Need I say more? Agreed

- 50's already with faceroll endgame raids. See previous comment on raids. You obviously don't know how this works.

Most if not all of these things are TOTALLY unacceptable, especially for a 2012 release.

Makes me wonder *** the beta was for? So many elementary things are broken, it's mind blowing.

Seems this person really just complaining to complain.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny, how the fan boys defend the game till the bitter end even though most of the concerns the OP had have been posted by MANY others as issues.[/QU

Listen , its simple , the game is the game its not changing , ether like or you don't .

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse.

- Terrible controls: Clunky, unresponsive and heavy.

- Everything is instanced to an extreme.

- Terrible graphics: Lack of options too.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed.

- Companions are silly, why not make the character more powerful instead.

- NO DR in PvP: ROFL!

- No PvP brackets: 50's just dominate all.

- No combat tab: Big ***?

- Broken loot system: Anyone can need on anything, even if they can't use it.

- Can't pick another advanced tree without leveling.

- No LFG system - Spamming chat while also being in an instanced area.

- Terrible UI: Can't hide not used icon slots.

- No target of target

- Targeting is **** and placement of targets icon is even worse.

- Terrible in game map: Cant zoom or do anything

- No UI scaling, actually pretty much no UI options at all.

- Terrible AH UI: Need I say more?

- 50's already with faceroll endgame raids.

Most if not all of these things are TOTALLY unacceptable, especially for a 2012 release.

Makes me wonder *** the beta was for? So many elementary things are broken, it's mind blowing.

Enjoy the dying days of WoW.. I guess look at it this way, at least you have Blizzard's new MMO to look forward to. You only have to way another 5 years for that release. Good luck with that and you will not be missed in SWTOR. Buh Bye!

Go play Wow.

You aren't going stop people from liking SWTOR no matter how many new threads you make.

I generally don't hang around forums of a game I don't even like, and I find it odd when people do.

Why are you still here?

To save us. You know...the people who, in their neverending silliness and idiocy actually enjoy the game and think it is good and can become great.

Because we are clearly wrong and he needs to guide us to the light, the light only he and his enlightened can see.

Us, lesser beings are too blind to see, that past our enjoyment of the game, lurks an evil of unspeakable magnitude: "FUN IN A GAME THE OP DOES NOT APPROVE OF!"

Edited by Sireene
Inappropriate Content

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed.

- No target of target

join date Nov 2011.. based on this nonsensical garbage I'd say you got bored of Dumbwing and bought TOR.. I dont even have to address all the loads of horse manure you listed but I will bite on one of them.

MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online. Are there lots of people online that you can join with at anytime in SWTOR? Yes. You lose, go back to being bored in WoW please.

This is my second thread, which listed a number of issues. Other one was purely based on movement.

I'm trying to help save people money here bro and help BW fix their game.

A number of issues according to you? It's funny how the majority of the replies in your threads are people disagreeing with you.

its got just as much mutliplayer content as WoW, they just made it easier to lvl tanks and healers as well as fill groups by adding companions.

dont know what your talking about there... sounds like a personal issue.

yeah, because having to wait 30m for that quest monster to respawn was sooooo much fun.

Again with the personal issues?

Agree with the no mod support but disagree with the facerolling, unless your talking about questing. which its like that in every mmo ive ever played.

how would making a healer more powerful help them solo? they can PEW PEW then to life!! oh wait...

this isnt wow, they dont need resiliences.

agreed, this is dumb.

meh, minimal issue.

if thats the case then every loot system in every mmo ive ever played is broken as well.

thats because its a class, not a spec, when will you people get that through your thick lazy skulls?

needs a little polish but its not game breaking.

oh the humanity!!!!

- No target of target

what? no targets targets targets target?? but how will i know whos taking damage from what and when? oh yeah, health bars.

- Targeting is **** and placement of targets icon is even

worse.

dude, you gotta stop with these personal issues, their getting old.

???

agreed again, thought i forsee that getting fixed.

same as previous

always gonna be those hardcore crazy people who devore the content as fast as they can so they can sit there and complain about being bored waiting for more. those guys should get a job.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

The OP has good points. This game's launch was pretty solid. But it has so many issues. Stop being fan boys. This game needs so much work it's frustrating. Combat is very clunky, not to mention the sync is terrible and the damage/healing number take effect .5 to 1 second before the animation is finished...that is terrible...and lazy.

I am a very big bioware fan and I know they will fix everything. This game should not have been launched for another 6 months(thanks EA btw).

I honestly think about it. Stop being fan boys. The arrogance of you people astound me. Just because its a bioware title doesn't mean its the best thing ever.

The game has a lot of issues....DEAL WITH IT!

Edited by Sireene
Inappropriate Content

Nah, valid points that we all know deep down should of been there at launch at some level.

And those are? I was in beta, and the feedback given in beta wasn't really slanting so bad at those points he said. Development on the problem areas are based on feedback, so give constructive feedback instead of saying naw dog like yo dog dis be so bad dog.

The OP has good points. This game's launch was pretty solid. But it has so many issues. Stop being fan boys. This game needs so much work it's frustrating. Combat is very clunky, not to mention the sync is terrible and the damage/healing number take effect .5 to 1 second before the animation is finished...that is terrible...and lazy.

I am a very big bioware fan and I know they will fix everything. This game should not have been launched for another 6 months(thanks EA btw).

I honestly think about it. Stop being fan boys. The arrogance of you people astound me. Just because its a bioware title doesn't mean its the best thing ever.

The game has a lot of issues....DEAL WITH IT!

Most of us are. We are playing and having fun while fully expecting BW to fix the issues that need fixing and improve the systems already there.

Is that evil?

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Enjoy the dying days of WoW.. I guess look at it this way, at least you have Blizzard's new MMO to look forward to. You only have to way another 5 years for that release. Good luck with that and you will not be missed in SWTOR. Buh Bye!

I don't agree with the OP, but dying days of WoW, this is laughable....even with all its hype machine , SWTOR only has 1/11th of the subscriptions base of WoW. WoW is not dying, I for one hope for two nicely viable alternative!

To save us. You know...the people who, in their neverending silliness and idiocy actually enjoy the game and think it is good and can become great.

Because we are clearly wrong and he needs to guide us to the light, the light only he and his enlightened can see.

Us, lesser beings are too blind to see, that past our enjoyment of the game, lurks an evil of unspeakable magnitude: "FUN IN A GAME THE OP DOES NOT APPROVE OF!"

bahahahahaha. This. Exactly this. He is our MMO SAVIOR. All praise, for those of us too dumb to stop having fun must be shown the way.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

The thing is WoW's had 6+ years to produce what they have. An MMO is a work in progress. Always. If you don't like that, it's probably not your genre. Is there stuff I'd change? Yep.

Graphics specifically can't be too detailed without alienating the lower-end PC users. To keep maintaining the game, they can't really afford to exclude too many people.

I don't agree with the OP, but dying days of WoW, this is laughable....even with all its hype machine , SWTOR only has 1/11th of the subscriptions base of WoW. WoW is not dying, I for one hope for two nicely viable alternative!

between rift, tor and guildwars 2, and old age - wow will lose its throne within the next year or two.

They could use some work definitely but they are far from "terrible"

Sharded questing areas so I don't have to fight with 20 other people for the same mob, how dare they!

I really dig the graphics, the art direction is great. They do however need a high res pack.

Coming in the future

Opinion. I dig the story and they add to it big time.

I want brackets, but its not unusual for me to see a lvl 10 beat a 50.

This is the standard in nearly every MMO.

IT IS NOT A TREE IT IS YOUR F-ING CLASS. Can you switch from a warrior to a mage in other games? No, that would be dumb.

Players begged for BW not to put LFG tools in.

Mods coming soon.

- No target of target

There is a hotkey... mods coming soon.

?Mods coming soon.

Once again pretty standard for MMOS

Mods coming soon.

/agree

50's already with faceroll endgame raids.

Why do you care?

I think the pandas are calling your name.

First off im not a BW fan, I do love this game tho. I played WOW for years and it pretty much went through the same motions at launch that this game has....So with that said it will take time and a few patches to work out left over bugs from Beta and you can never get every bug even WOW still has some. This game is great and with ever MMo it will have its bug but as i keep saying it will get fixed.