New Class/race?

lennchu

Hey fellas!

As it came up into a discussion on the game itself, I thought I want some more ideas on this!

We've got some sweet new stuff, and I was intrested in a new class/race.

We can have droids (since they both represent Empire and Republic) And you can have Assault and protocol droids!

So class Droid. Subclasses can be different like Assasination and Assault.

You got some bright ideas?

Discuss it here!

If there were to be any new race, I think that I would want the Bith to be available, or the Voss might be cool too. If there were to be a new class then maybe like a jedi hunter(they could use tech blades and tech staffs) or something.

I seem to remember seeing this discussion in game. I think it wouldn't really be that hard to pull off. I think the hardest part of making a new race that doesn't fit the current body structure is getting the character model to work with all the equipment. But if you look at it, the character models for several different kinds of droids already exist. It could be something like you pick your starting skin for your droid when you make your character and you can aquire/buy different models and the like from the Cartel Market, perhaps player crafting, you name it. I mean heck, why have droid armor is something that's just for companions, eh? As far as the class goes you would have to make it so that you can only use the class for droids as a droid, and that you couldn't play a droid as any other class. Then design a few new animations around some of the skills droids in game currently don't use, and ta-da! New class/race that I'd be willing to bet EA/Bioware could make a killing out of releasing.

Would be very fun, and I totally like the idea of something like this happening in the future

getting new races is easy for Bioware to accomplish. Just requires a reskin of existing races.

Getting a new class on the other hand requires a lot of hard work.

1. You need to program all the new skills and the animations that go with them.

2. You may need to install a new starting planet or two just to facilitate the new classes, and even if you don't you still have to program the class quests onto all the existing planets.

3. You have to hire 2 new voice actors in order to do all the dialogue for the character, and hire any additional voice actors that would be required during the course of the class quest. You may even have to re-hire some old voice actors to do touch up jobs on interactions in pre-existing quests and the new class.

And thats just the short list.

It's harder to aquire new Classes then races.

BUT Droids were mainly used as Military. So if possible, you can copy a part of the IA and Trooper to use as class.

Yet Companions would be challenging, 'cause I don't see a human listening to what a droid sais!

Droids would be nice, but on the other hand, I'd rather do this.

For starters[and yes realize this would take A LOT of programming] I'd make a 3rd "Neutral" faction. I'd remove the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler from both sides and stick them in the Neutral side.

To replace them, for the Empire, Imperial Guardsmen[the red guys you see off and on]. Become like Kir Kanos.

For the Republic, a bureaucrat who ends up doing some fighting along the way[much like Leia Organa] and goes around doing diplomatic missions, NEO[non-combantant Evacuations], Humanatarian aid and the like, but does it with a blaster in hand, and by the end, becomes a Senator, and one who is well respected.

So besides the Neutral BH and Smuggler, I'd throw in the Zeison Sha, and maybe something like the Nightsisters[one that male or female could come from] and give all 4 classes the decision to help the republic, help the empire or help no-one and go it neutral.

Granted the coding, story changing and the like would be a gigantic task, but It would be a nice and interesting change!

For starters[and yes realize this would take A LOT of programming] I'd make a 3rd "Neutral" faction. I'd remove the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler from both sides and stick them in the Neutral side.

To replace them, for the Empire, Imperial Guardsmen[the red guys you see off and on]. Become like Kir Kanos.

For the Republic, a bureaucrat who ends up doing some fighting along the way[much like Leia Organa] and goes around doing diplomatic missions, NEO[non-combantant Evacuations], Humanatarian aid and the like, but does it with a blaster in hand, and by the end, becomes a Senator, and one who is well respected.

So besides the Neutral BH and Smuggler, I'd throw in the Zeison Sha, and maybe something like the Nightsisters[one that male or female could come from] and give all 4 classes the decision to help the republic, help the empire or help no-one and go it neutral.

Granted the coding, story changing and the like would be a gigantic task, but It would be a nice and interesting change!

I love the idea of a ''Neutral'' faction, and yes get the BH and Smuggler and put these in the neutral. Because a Smuggler can be Empire related too..

And mayby it is hard to change story's etc.

But otherwise the game will end up like all the MMORPG's, and nothing will change etc.. Except we gain more and more species.

but one thing for sure, GET Droids because I love them

Do you have any idea how much re-programing of the game this would entail? This would basically involve re-writing the entire game's code, not just a small part of it. I mean for one thing you would have to remove the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler Instances from Dromand Kaas and Coruscant respectively. It is just not financially feasible to do this. Not to mention the amount of downtime the game would have to experience just to institute this change.

Do you have any idea how much re-programing of the game this would entail? This would basically involve re-writing the entire game's code, not just a small part of it. I mean for one thing you would have to remove the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler Instances from Dromand Kaas and Coruscant respectively. It is just not financially feasible to do this. Not to mention the amount of downtime the game would have to experience just to institute this change.

I know a bit about computer programming and I already eluded to the point of it would TAKE A LOT to do so.

Try reading all the words, not just the ones you want.

I know a bit about computer programming and I already eluded to the point of it would TAKE A LOT to do so.

Try reading all the words, not just the ones you want.

It's not just about programing. It would also involve hiring a whole host of new acting talent. And I don't know if this game makes enough money to do that a second time. Not to mention moving Smuggler and Bounty Hunter to a new faction would likewise require adjusting their current roles within the game (for example the roles they play in flashpoints) so that they no longer are part of those missions. Unfortunately that means a new class in each of the existing factions would have to be created just to replace Smuggler and Bounty Hunter in those factions.

Additionally the only two "Neutral" Factions that would make any sort of sense would be some sort of Separatist Faction (hinted at in the Trooper and Smuggler Storyline on Ord Mantell) and the Hutt Cartel Faction. Neither of which at this point in history is fleshed out nearly enough to justify making entire factions surrounding them.

I don't think the game produces enough money for it either.

But on the other hand, they've done it once. Let them do it more.

If they want to keep making money, the game needs constant improving otherwise it gets dull, and people leave.