2.0.1 Individual Class Records (under new management)

ace_boogie

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really need to split out Mara/sent dps/damage for carnage/combat vs nub smash if you wanna distinguish the men from the boys. Not like it matters considering transfers are next week, but something that should def be put in place moving forward. Fluff damage don't mean shiz, and pls don't gimme a courier troll and tell me that if you negate gore/precision strike the spec is worthless.

Really need to split out Mara/sent dps/damage for carnage/combat vs nub smash if you wanna distinguish the men from the boys. Not like it matters considering transfers are next week, but something that should def be put in place moving forward. Fluff damage don't mean shiz, and pls don't gimme a courier troll and tell me that if you negate gore/precision strike the spec is worthless.

I don't even know what all that means tbh...

As I've said before this thread is strictly about numbers not skill. Otherwise I wouldn't accept half of these things because a TON of the screenshots show "Defeat".

I don't get the hate for "fluff damage" either, in a thread like this. I'd expect you to use all the tools your class has on hand to maximize output. Numbers be numbers... whether tab dotted, AOE or otherwise. And I see no one complains about "fluff heals" from stuff like SRMP.

As long as your records are not obtained via exploiting I'm gonna allow it... derptard smashers, dot spammer extraordinaires and all.

I hear ya, rarely read the forums and realized the point of these records after i had posted (only realized I was on here a few days ago) Just thought I'd suggest you split it up by specs if you consider fleshing this out in a more meaningful way. For example, any nub can get 1600 dps with smash, but less than a handful can get 1600 dps in combat/carnage - in my opinion, the best way to tell the diff b/w a good and mediocre/bad sent or mara is how they play combat/carnage (as we all know, anni is not viable, but those that out dps smashers with carnage/combat more than likely are able to play it effectively at will) That said, verification would be an issue for clases that don't have stances so this prob won't work

And salt, lol, I'm gon to let that one slide ;).

And ps, there is no such thing as a fluff heal.

Edited by mitchelloliver

I'd have to agree with this. It would be nice to include which spec (for dps'ers) each people were running when they got these in future record threads. This is especially true regarding vigilance or combat/watchmen vs smash spec, where vigilance/combat/watchmen could only get up to 3/4 of what smash could get at best. I will also agree with Andressa that damage is damage regardless of it was "fluff" or not. After all, you would have to be insane to run rated warzones without at least one smash spec. But I am getting irritated at all these smashers in warzones trying to call out everyone else (ie non-smash specs) at the end of the match for having lower dps numbers and think they are such hot **** :rolleyes:. I'm not saying i am that great at dpsing on my vig guardian, but still anyone can get high dps with smash.

/rant

P.S. Thanks Andressa for keeping these updated. We all appreciate it :D

Edited by UrbanSaint

Just so we're clear... Notice the quotations I put around "fluff heals". Lol.

To me HOTs are a direct mirror to DOTs. So if one is valid, so is the other IMO. Just as DOTs can be easily out healed/cleansed on their own... HOTs can be outdamaged if enough burst is applied without additional heals as well.

Just so we're clear... Notice the quotations I put around "fluff heals". Lol.

To me HOTs are a direct mirror to DOTs. So if one is valid, so is the other IMO. Just as DOTs can be easily out healed/cleansed on their own... HOTs can be outdamaged if enough burst is applied without additional heals as well.

good point...

New Powertech/Vanguard DPS records:

http://i.imgur.com/8pc7GlS.jpg?1

Damage: 1986170

DPS: 1609.54

Oh and in case anyone is wondering about the terrible graphics, I was playing on my laptop.

Edited by patman