The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Smuggler Gear

Well some of the gear and armour that has come out looks weird and not appealing. I am still wearing rugged smuggler jacket which also btw has no dye slot which sucks.

We should have more jackets maybe something similar to the black hole gear pre 2.0 that sorta looked like the old British solider jacket you the red jacket they are famous for stuff like that or look at the old pirate movies for inspiration.

On that note more styles of hats maybe even something more flamboyant with a feather again like the old pirate movies lol just as a starting idea to go from.

Less armour looking more dashing smuggler looking gear like ham solo or lando calrissian.

Well some of the gear and armour that has come out looks weird and not appealing. I am still wearing rugged smuggler jacket which also btw has no dye slot which sucks.

We should have more jackets maybe something similar to the black hole gear pre 2.0 that sorta looked like the old British solider jacket you the red jacket they are famous for stuff like that or look at the old pirate movies for inspiration.

On that note more styles of hats maybe even something more flamboyant with a feather again like the old pirate movies lol just as a starting idea to go from.

Less armour looking more dashing smuggler looking gear like ham solo or lando calrissian.

First off. It's HAN SOLO. Not Ham.

And I think you'll find that if you level your smuggler above level 15, the clothes start to look a lot better.

I have a level 55 gunslinger full 72s. And the only cool thing is the duster but everyone wears it have you seem how ugly the pvp armour looks lol. The cowboy hat was cool but more variation I am sorry that you have a negative attitude.

I wish they could release the armor the smuggler has in the return CGI intro, with a normal cowboy hat without the ugly leather thing attached to it, and a real duster with black and brown colors, no freaking pink, purple or fugly colors like that.

Attempting to look past the odd attitude of the OP, I do agree that for those of us that don't want to look like an anime space cowboy, it's a real shame the lower level smuggler orange shells aren't dyeable. As far as I'm concerned, the simple lower level stuff is really screaming for customization in a way which is less necessary at higher levels.

On a sidenote, it's a strange move altogether- surely the more dyeable items the more dye packs they'd sell?

I'd certainly be buying more if I could have 3 or 4 different Drelliad Jackets with 3 or 4 different colour schemes!

And I think you'll find that if you level your smuggler above level 15, the clothes start to look a lot better.

That, my dear fellow, is most certainly a matter of taste. If you like wearing a long jacket with a life vest in the collar, or you don't mind being yet another person wearing a waistcoat with a shirt and strap underneath, you're all set.

There are very few viable "smuggler" looks to my mind. Lets not even get started on the elder game gear:

Classic Gear: Wow.... really!?

Basic Gear: An improvement, but just about anything would be an improvement on that.

Elite: Same as the Basic really- not impressed.

Ultimate/nightmare: Gimpy helmet but the jacket is kind of cool but requires dyes to hide the "coat of many colours" scheme. Still wouldn't wear it, and I sort of resent the idea of having to buy a dye mod just to make my "ultimate" gear which I worked hard to get look less like I've just starred in "Joseph and the Technicoloured Dreamcoat".

Edited by Mertaal

I'd love to see a simple jacket and plain top (not a shirt) similar to what solo wears in the Empire Strikes Back. It'd be all I'd wear. Currently wearing the gunslinger gear and I see myself wearing that all the way to end-game really. Not a fan of the all this fancy crap. I like my smuggler to look like a simple, rough scoundrel. Not an overdressed cowboy.