Left in the Lurch

Kacoo

Sooooo, threads like these are against the forum rules. That is all.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5970892

Specifically:

Where we will continue to be very strict:

• Callouts of any kind are strictly not permitted. This includes calling out specific players and guilds. To get one step further, even posts that appear to have good intent ("List of known ninja looters!") are still in violation of this rule and are not permitted. We want everyone to feel that the forums are a safe place for them and this type of post only serves to harass other players.

Whilst your intent may be noble, Gomerik is right. This type of thread is against the rules.

Have you considered that maybe he didn't intentionally do it?

I suspect we both assumed it wasn't intentional. Whilst we could have verbally abused Kacoo for making this thread, instead rather linked him to the forum rules thread outlining why this thread isn't "allowed".

People take pve seriously o_O

Totally. This one time we were doing this one thing in an Operation and next thing you know there were four squad cars surrounding my building because I called someone bad for getting cleaved.

I'll have you know, Gomerik, it took a substantial bribe to get the police to go away. You owe me for that.

Also, Carth, whilst it's a game... as with anything, there are those that will take it very seriously. Whether that be PvE or PvP or lore or roleplay... or even the forums (sometimes various things at the same time. There are a *lot* of threads on this site about very serious people making very serious comments about PvP - I stay away from those threads though. The concentrated levels of butthurt gives me headaches). Hey, some people even take you and I seriously, although for different reasons. How far it gets them varies from circumstance to circumstance. See how far it gets them.

A callout thread for bads and those that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole would be wonderful, if it were allowed. Unfortunately (although for understandable reasons) BioWare doesn't want a "trash" thread because of the negative impact it will have on some of the people playing.

I suspect we both assumed it wasn't intentional. Whilst we could have verbally abused Kacoo for making this thread, instead rather linked him to the forum rules thread outlining why this thread isn't "allowed".

I think Holmes was referring to the player who was called out. Said player may have disconnected and/or crashed; happens all the time.

Edited by MrRuck