HK series quest just stupid now

ArchonGamer

Most funny and untrue post ever, congr@z

No it is not. If you can't think about how surveying works in your mind. Log off and never play again. Do not insult someone for making a true statement.

Stop surveying in small areas only moving a few inches. Spread out and hit different areas. When you get a HK part in 25M announcement move a few inches each way from that area and figure out how to get that to go down. This is not a hard concept.

When you're about to search, send a message in the General channel asking if anybody else is on it. Group with them. You'll find most likely people at the peak hours of your server. The first time might be longer because the described area looks wide. The subsequent times are easier if you search around the last spot... unless you're unlucky. Edited by Nkya

I've done it solo 3 times now cause I'm cheap and don't wanna buy the unlock. There is nothing hard about it, never was and the only stupid thing about it is people complaining about it. It takes a LOT longer to level a char to the point where you can get the opposing factions part than it does to dig the pieces up.

My guess is, you don't understand how the quest works and are just randomly running around and scanning because in the 3 times I've done I've never spent more than an hour on one spot.

I've never spent more than 15 minutes at a spot and I did it completely solo, I don't get the complaining either.

I really enjoyed this quest up until the flashpoints required. I couldn't find a group so I just gave up. Kind of bummed that the majority of this was solo and then the grouping for the final parts is forced.

Maybe someday I'll finish this. ;)

I really enjoyed this quest up until the flashpoints required. I couldn't find a group so I just gave up. Kind of bummed that the majority of this was solo and then the grouping for the final parts is forced.

You can 2 man the required instances with 2 55 stealth DPS chars I'd wager. If you pimp yourself and your companions up at least.

uh...just queue for HM modes and go do dailies or something..seriously you can get this quest done in a day.

I swear everyone just wants crap handed to them now-a-days

You can 2 man the required instances with 2 55 stealth DPS chars I'd wager. If you pimp yourself and your companions up at least.

Healers can solo the SM False Emperor up to HK.

uh...just queue for HM modes and go do dailies or something..seriously you can get this quest done in a day.

I swear everyone just wants crap handed to them now-a-days

/nod

Yes worst quest ever, buggy, horribly thought out, a huge lame time sink with no imagination.... how any casual player is supposed to complete this is beyond me. Do yourself a favor and put it into the" SWTOR most stupid ever" this is a place we put things like Force leeping during Hutt ball, cathar skin jobs, Cyborgs, etc etc.....

What are you sooks on?

soloed the whole quest line except the FP

total time spent besides the FP was about 3hr was easy as (And no I found the scanning sites myself no other ppl shouted out where it was)

Also u don't even need to use a guide off the net if you have the slightest amount of intellect

I'm not sure why people are defending this quest chain, other than to make themselves feel superior over the OP in their 'leetness'.

The Theoretica was one of the most atmospheric, well put together missions in the entire game.

It was then followed up with 5 planets of tedious inanity, trolling around for parts.

No, it wasn't hard. It was however tedious and not very fun. I'm not sure about you, but I pay my subscription to be entertained, not bored ********.

When this questline was being hyped, it was supposed to be an epic adventure. What they meant was epically boring.

Yes worst quest ever, buggy, horribly thought out, a huge lame time sink with no imagination.... how any casual player is supposed to complete this is beyond me. Do yourself a favor and put it into the" SWTOR most stupid ever" this is a place we put things like Force leeping during Hutt ball, cathar skin jobs, Cyborgs, etc etc.....

I am spending a lot of time on this forum and I have never encountered any bug complaint about the HK-quest series.

The H2 quests are very well designed. The story is fitting for both imperial and republic side. The mission aboard the abondened ship is superb.

Searching the parts does take a bit of time, but is far from a lame time sink. Searching a tank for a 50-OP is far more a time sink.

Doing the flashpoints is easy as killing a wookiee and almost as fun.

If you are so much casual, that you refuse anything that requires a group, why are you playing an MMO at all?

I'm not sure why people are defending this quest chain, other than to make themselves feel superior over the OP in their 'leetness'.

Not this, I'm not 'leet.' I'm quite happy to admit I'm a bit rubbish at this game. The treasure-hunting part was fun for me, and didn't take very long at all. Maybe I was just lucky, but it is my genuine opinion and has nothing to do with 'leet.'

Most funny and untrue post ever, congr@z

Ive done the quest first time some weeks after the quest came out and found most parts of it solo.

Now im doing the quest again with two alts and im everytime the only one who is scanning for the parts. On both chars together ive spend something about 1 1/2 hours to get all non group parts.

Something you are doing wrong guys.

The Theoretica was one of the most atmospheric, well put together missions in the entire game.

It was then followed up with 5 planets of tedious inanity, trolling around for parts.

No, it wasn't hard. It was however tedious and not very fun. I'm not sure about you, but I pay my subscription to be entertained, not bored ********.

When this questline was being hyped, it was supposed to be an epic adventure. What they meant was epically boring.

this post is the most true one in this thread. Tedious, doable, boring as hell, when you're doing it alone it is more of a pain, but nothing that cant be done, one thing it is not is some epic adventure, and for those that got it successfully and easily, you are lucky, it is, FACTUALLY, a buggy quest, that can bug for some people like it did for me the second time i went through it, but I guess its no more buggy than many other bugs in this game that they already know about, and if you didn't encounter a bug, you were in fact lucky as it has the potential to bug on anyone.

I like how people defend mindless time-sinks. And it is mindless - the Seeker Droid at least has an indicator where else you should look (and in spite of the problems people have with it, it's mostly helpful). Yes, you can mostly find someone to do it with and yes, you should be at least a little strategic about your search, but come on. It's still an utterly pointless waste of time, regardless of how lucky you get.

The Heroic 2's are fun and the mandatory FPs are fairly simple nowadays with a level 55 character. DPS queue times can be a bit long, but you'll get a group eventually. (I did it with a DPS character, because I was unfamiliar with the FPs.)

All that said... HK-51 is very useful and worth the tedium. It's obvious those quests were designed with many people doing it at once in mind, which was quite short-sighted. Pick a movie and move the media player window in a corner of the screen while you're searching, at least you'll have something to do.

Not only did I complete the quest the first day it came out, but actually learned all the spawn locations so well it takes an average of 10 minutes to find any part, however there were those few occasions it took longer, usually due to the part being found and not reported. I've taken many of my guildies to the areas to search and showed them where to look.

Even though I've unlocked HK with credits on all my toons, I still go back and do the quest line, kinda of funny using HK as a companion doing it.

If your on Harbinger PM me, Conrad'verner and I can show you exactly where to look.