Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

No More Random Items in Cartel Packs Please!!

kroto

Ok, I have spent way too much trying to get a damn skiff mount from a cartel pack and I think they need to break up the packs to sell the items individually. I think its a huge ripoff to make people spend money and NOT get what they want out of it. Its a great marketing idea from the company view cause u make lots of money from the consumer. But on the realistic side of the coin, this way of purchasing is only going to show the consumer that the developers do not care about the players whatsoever. I mean really, I just wanted a damn skiff mount and I got a bunch of crap instead.

I hope Bioware is reading this post because your making it pretty clear so far its only about you squeezing money from us. Just make the items for sale individually so we can get what we want and u can get a better idea of what people really want.

Not again....

As others have noted numerous times sell the packs for 250k or w/e then buy the skiff for 700k on the market.

I am sure you just wanted to vent but your post isn't changing shyt they are making money off the packs.

What if you got the skiff you don't come here to post? So the packs are ok if you get what you desire?

Next time sell the packs and buy what you want if you don't like the random chance game.

Good luck and have a good day.

Not again....

As others have noted numerous times sell the packs for 250k or w/e then buy the skiff for 700k on the market.

I am sure you just wanted to vent but your post isn't changing shyt they are making money off the packs.

What if you got the skiff you don't come here to post? So the packs are ok if you get what you desire?

Next time sell the packs and buy what you want if you don't like the random chance game.

Good luck and have a good day.

Or they could just list stuff on the GTN and not prey on people with gambling addictions...

This is like saying... "I Iove chocolate chips in cookies!... I ate too many cookies to get the chocolate chips!!... please please take the cookies away..just sell me chocolate chips!!!... I have a tummy ache from eating too many cookies!!!"

Please to note: your much coveted chocolate chips are available in mass quantities on the GTN. You can even buy and sell some cookies to other players to get enough shekels to buy as many chocolate chips as you like from the GTN.

Moral of the analogy: take your eyes off the cookies and put focus on the goal rather then the tasty packaging.

This concludes our analogical parable for the day.

Edited by Andryah

Or they could just list stuff on the GTN and not prey on people with gambling addictions...

The case presented by the OP here is not a gambling addiction. It's just an example of poor consumer practice.

Protip: Bioware does not list anything on the GTN. Imagine the uproar in the playerbase if they did. "OMG!!... Bioware is competing with the players in the economy!!!" and much tooth gashing and swinging of pitchforks would ensue.

Edited by Andryah

Ok, I have spent way too much trying to get a damn skiff mount from a cartel pack and I think they need to break up the packs to sell the items individually. I think its a huge ripoff to make people spend money and NOT get what they want out of it. Its a great marketing idea from the company view cause u make lots of money from the consumer. But on the realistic side of the coin, this way of purchasing is only going to show the consumer that the developers do not care about the players whatsoever. I mean really, I just wanted a damn skiff mount and I got a bunch of crap instead.

I hope Bioware is reading this post because your making it pretty clear so far its only about you squeezing money from us. Just make the items for sale individually so we can get what we want and u can get a better idea of what people really want.

Why should they break them up? You are clearly ready and willing to buy the lottery packs. Just use the money you get from selling the stuff you don't want to buy one off the GTN, as noted by several others already. If you want an optional cosmetic item that badly, you will do what it takes to get one or you will get frustrated and give up.

Edited by branmakmuffin

They want you to buy multiple gambling packs hoping to get the item you want, it's good business for them. All gambling organisations know that there's profit in mug punters.

They make money off you chasing the rare items, there's no way they will stop random packs as long as people keep shoving in the coins and pulling the handle on the 1 armed bandit.

If you think the Cartel Packs are anything other than a method of gambling then you're really naive.

Anyone who buys packs to get specific items is doing it very, very wrong. Many people have millions of credits to burn and so I can see why they might buy packs. But seriously... just sell the packs and buy what you want with the money you get. Or risk it all and get crap 99.99% of the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.