Voidstar Bugs

Gerfaut

Twice in the last two nights, my team lost in Voidstar due to bugs.

The first bug I encountered, two nights ago, was that the win was awarded to the wrong team in one of the games. The team I was on (Pubs) started on offense. We got past the first set of doors, then past the bridges, and were stopped at the second set of doors until the timer ran out. Then we were on defense. The Imps similarly were able to get past the first doors and the bridges, but it took them longer. We stopped them at the 2nd set of doors until the timer ran out and we got the message that the attackers did not reach the datacron, but then it awarded the win to the Imps instead of us. We also had fewer total deaths (more kills) than the Imps, so even if the time at which we captured the bridge had not been taken into account, we should still have won.

The second bug I encountered was last night. We were on defense at the start of the game, but our spawn barrier did not open when the warzone started. The Imps were able to get to both our doors without facing any opposition, and capped both doors while our team was trapped in the spawn area. That was extremely frustrating. The spawn barrier eventually opened after going through a whole cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

Since 1.2, voidstar wins have been determined (in the event of a tie) by whoever reached that point the fastest.

In the case of both teams reaching the same objective in their respective attacking rounds, the team who reached the objective in the shortest time now wins the match.

The game now ends as soon as the Round 2 attacker's progress exceeds the progress made by the other team in Round 1.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy

For the past several months, the game ended if the attackers in round 2 reached the same point as the attackers in round 1 if they did it faster, as under these conditions it meant losing was an impossibility at that point. If round 2 attackers didn't do it faster, the match kept going and they had the opportunity to go further than the other team for the win. This has been how it is for a long time now.

I've noticed it's no longer like this as well though I didn't read anything in patch notes anywhere about it being reverted back to a random victory in a tie, so I'm guessing it's a bug?

• 5 months later...