The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Tank which Aug's....?

SumYunGui

I am in full supercommando gear (except the armor patches as I am using 2 piece tech/2 piece supercom). I cannot decide which augs to use. Defense seems a little low to me sitting at 16.10%, shield is 33.24% and absorb 29.04%. Been thinking about the defense augs b/c it means taking no damage some of the time rather than taking some damage all of the time with the absorb augs. Also, from what I have been reading you cannot shield a crit attack but can you dodge it? Or should I stack Aim/Endurance augs for a little more damage (granted i think that would be like polishing a turd as I am a tank not a dps)? Edited by SumYunGui

The truth is a mixture of shield ,absorb, reflex & defence

I am not using any defence augs ATM but will in the future when I am full conqurer

I am currently using 3 reflex 3 absorb & the rest shield

I am intrested in which Augs other vanguard/PT's are using

My defensive stats are:-

Defence 12.8 ( to low)

Shield 37.5

Absorb 31.0

My gear is mixed partisan/conquerer

Don't bother with the mitigation (preparing for healer flaming) as the TTK boost from using pure endurance (fortitude) significantly outdoes mitigation augs. It provides a buffer for when RNG fails (in PvP this happens very frequently). And that buffer will save you skin numerous times as hp is the hard counter to burst dps.

The extra endurance also gives a bonus to the healing from SC, AR and warzone medpack