The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard 8/22/16

Topoff

I'm trying to get some info regarding the 8/22/16 vanguard build.

I've read its the best pve build to use considering the current state of our class, however i'm a little unsure of the rotation used with this.

Any advice or ideas would be great.

I'm trying to get some info regarding the 8/22/16 vanguard build.

I've read its the best pve build to use considering the current state of our class, however i'm a little unsure of the rotation used with this.

Any advice or ideas would be great.

http://www.torparse.com/l/193728 - read carefully log.

You start from GUT to increase all damage by 3%, also before combat use 3 times explosive surge to get full stacks of pulse generator (increased PC damage by 60%).

Gut>IR>IP>PC(+3stacks of PG)>HIB>SS(if free)(*should proc HIB)>HIB....

The idea is simple, You keep GUT on target, use IR after you have free SS, IP to get pulse cannon 60% additional damage. You need to watch those free stockstrikes, you also gain nice resource returns from Pulse Cannon channeling time. You need hammer shot only rarely.

Keep all the dots all time on boss, use High impact bolt resets with free stockstrike,

• 2 weeks later...
I think I know the answer already but I'll ask the question anyway for confirmation/correction.

Would you be using Plasma Cell with this build?

yes, you need it to take advantage of Ionic Accelerator.

Edited by ceelaniri

http://www.torparse.com/l/193728 - read carefully log.

You start from GUT to increase all damage by 3%, also before combat use 3 times explosive surge to get full stacks of pulse generator (increased PC damage by 60%).

The idea is simple, You keep GUT on target, use IR after you have free SS, IP to get pulse cannon 60% additional damage. You need to watch those free stockstrikes, you also gain nice resource returns from Pulse Cannon channeling time. You need hammer shot only rarely.

Keep all the dots all time on boss, use High impact bolt resets with free stockstrike,

Apologies in advance for my utter n00bishness, but...can you translate that into laymen's terms? (I'm only just now getting into MMO playing, and SWTOR is the 1st that kept my attention, so all of this is new to me)

Gut, Incendiary Round, Ion Pulse, Pulse Cannon (only at 3 stacks of Pulse Generator buff), High Impact Bolt, Stock Strike.

If you don't know what these skills are then you just need to play the class until you know the basic moves. It's not going to do you any good to learn the names of things out of a book.

Oh, and "proc" refers to all those skills in the game that give you X% chance to trigger effect y. That triggering is referred to as a "proc."

why do people play/make these stupid *********** hybrid specs.... just play 8/8/30 gear with power and crit gg:cool:

Because hybrid spec puts much more damage in ops mate. :D. Full pyro is far behind. Pyro is only good now for PVP :)/

depends. if you go for the 2/22/22 spec or 8/8/30 you might want around 100-200 crit-rating because of assault trooper.

otherwise 0 crit and full power.

accuaracy to 110% for pve. (tech acc)

pvp i'd take accuracy to 104-105 % (which is basically 3% from talents 1 from companion and around ~1% from enhancements). all other secondary stats should go into surge for both pve and pvp.

and ofc aim augments unless you do not take steely resolve for some reason.

Edited by Quantemoq