PvP DPS/Tank

Ryvirath

What spec are you running? What do you usually run?

The spec in those two games was this one:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-shadow/20/?build=022322201100002000000000000000000322210021112030221022000000000000000000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

The synergy is pretty clever and it eats aoe damage better than actual tanks. Typically run full infiltration or the infil/balance hybrid, full balance, or the balance/kinetic hybrid.

Yeah we can definitely pull some great numbers...However it's always been my opinion to go full tank or full dps.

It just reminds me of these shadows I see in warzones wearing tank implants/relics/earpiece but running with dps main gear. Like what's the point? It's the matter of being mediocre at both or dominating at one.

Way to rep our class nonetheless!

The spec in those two games was this one:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-shadow/20/?build=022322201100002000000000000000000322210021112030221022000000000000000000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

The synergy is pretty clever and it eats aoe damage better than actual tanks. Typically run full infiltration or the infil/balance hybrid, full balance, or the balance/kinetic hybrid.

Do you run in Combat or Shadow technique?

I am completely confused. Most of the tree you went up on infiltration requires Shadow Technique. I don't see where you get the DPS number you get from it. I see Balance as a possibility to get better DPS numbers if you are tanking. Edited by IIIGinoIII

Combat. You can't tank otherwise.

Yeah I figured, it just confused me because you have talents in your infi tree that require you to be in shadow tech. You could actually optimize that tree. The numbers are impressive as is though.

Everything in that build synergizes (only two points are truly wasted). You double slash in combat stance to proc particle acceleration. Particle acceleration then guarantees the crit which automatically ties into the 50% surge you pick up in infiltration. Add Force recklessness ontop of that (read the infiltration talent again. 'In addition' it resets your force potency CD; that part of the ability is not tied to shadow technique) and my projects are surging for 170%. On a sorc this can mean 10.5k projects if you have potency up and double proc a particle acceleration.

The force regeneration ties into the build's natural lackluster energy management. It's much easier if you lose the two points in kinetic field, but that is a substantial additive DR that helps a ton with guarding. Takes a bit of practice, but between shadow's respite, force cloak, and shadow strike the rotation is manageable. Resilience, natural armor, and aoe reduction make it the premier smash guard.

I've ran this a couple different ways. Running with a shield for instance alleviates pretty much all of your energy management worries if you spec it a little differently. I tend to run with the focus though simply because my shield is partisan and my focus is conqueror.

Gear is fully min/maxed (for dps) partisan/half conqueror.

You have 7 points into skills that are not used at all when you're in combat technique. So if you're going to be protecting for 600k in a round, you have 7 skill points that could be better used elsewhere.

It seems useful, I'm not knocking it, just pointing out a weakness. I'll have to give it a try.

You have 7 points into skills that are not used at all when you're in combat technique. So if you're going to be protecting for 600k in a round, you have 7 skill points that could be better used elsewhere.

It seems useful, I'm not knocking it, just pointing out a weakness. I'll have to give it a try.

The points in shadow technique and circling shadows makes your maul hit harder. Profundity and Potent Shadows are useless and might as well throw them in for extra force and force slow cooldown.

Gave the spec a try last night and it was definitely fun! But...it's not a tank nor a dps.

The points in shadow technique and circling shadows makes your maul hit harder. Profundity and Potent Shadows are useless and might as well throw them in for extra force and force slow cooldown.

Gave the spec a try last night and it was definitely fun! But...it's not a tank nor a dps.

Profundity's the only wasted points. Potent Shadows WILL reduce the CD on Force Potency by 60s when exiting combat, regardless of Technqiue, so it allows you to burst much more often with your PA+Project.+FP.

Haven't tried this spec myself, but the tooltip doesn't lock the CDR on Force Potency to Shadow Technique.

Profundity's the only wasted points. Potent Shadows WILL reduce the CD on Force Potency by 60s when exiting combat, regardless of Technqiue, so it allows you to burst much more often with your PA+Project.+FP.

Ah, you're right! I read through it super fast :p

Haven't tried this spec myself, but the tooltip doesn't lock the CDR on Force Potency to Shadow Technique.

Learn something new every day. It all honesty it seems like a bug. Shadows/Assassins get enough grief for being OP with things like this.