The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Let's steal this great system

Guild Wars 2's crafting bank system.

Seriously - I would pay a large amount of cc's to have a LEGACY-WIDE crafting mats storage tab, with tiers listed, space for exotic materials, simple vendored materials etc. That way, you don't have to rifle through multiple characters' inventories to find what you need (among items that have similar icons) and then mail them back and forth. You would also be able to see things you were running low on, so that you could go harvest them, etc.

For those of us that craft a LOT this would be worth more than its cost in cc.

Personally I would pay for the ability to send my crafting mats to my bank without having to go to a bank spot. THAT was the best part of GW2's banks system imho. The legacy bank would be nice as well.

In other words, Torchlight system.

But do you realize, that such system will also demand companions inventory?

How are you gonna tell them, which items you want to store?

Shared Legacy bank is much simplier, i suppose.

This topic is just about crafting materials, so the companion would just take all your crafting mats to the bank, in exactly the same way that he takes junk to sell: no companion inventory and no telling him what to take and what to leave.

I've always wondered how companions get the items to my inventory. Is it magical? It would be great if they drop the items at the cargo hold when they return to the ship instead of my inventory.