A complete lack of armor that looks good.

MadProfStein

Before the cartel packs, I would have to agree on the "complete lack" of decent looking gear. Now the only gripe is that there is no decent looking questable or craftable gear. You can get good looking gear, but only through either blowing cash on gambling boxes or buying off the GTN from someone who did.

I have a female Sith inquisitor who looks nice in the Classic Despot's set. Her Companions also look good in the Classic Contractor's (Andronikos); Last Handmaiden's + Genteel Dress Gloves + Relaxed Jumpsuit Belt (unified to white) (Ashara); Red Blade's (Xalek); and a mix of Carth Onasi's and Relaxed Jumpsuit pieces (Talos).

My bald female Rattataki Bounty Hunter wears Carth Onasi's top and bracers, with the remainder of the pieces from the Relaxed Jumpsuit set, and a crafted Mercenary's headpiece (looks like a weird night vision / cyborg eye type eye mask, and fits well with the coloring of the rest of the pieces). Mako looks nice in the Classic Spymaster's set, and Gault looks great in the Classic Phantom's set + with Classic Despot's pants.

My female Mirialian JK wears a mix of the Classic Trailblazer's jacket and the rest of the Relaxed Jumpsuit set. Doc looks dashing in the Organa Statesman's set with a cute little blue-toned blaster that I picked up from the planetary comms vendor I think.

My male body type 1 (bieber) Zabrak Commando wore the Organa Loyalist's set with a Covert Energy top for a while, but I'm waiting till I can afford a white/white dye to put into the Classic Forward Recon chest and make a nice retro trooper look for him to go with his steampunkish Custom Built Assault Cannon.

My male human body type 3 (bodybuilding douchebag) Vanguard looks awesome in his Restored Triumvirate set and Resplendent Crown of Avarice. That set looks too clunky for any smaller body type to pull off though. I have not yet tried it on my body type 4 (lardass) human Smuggler (who looks great, however, in the plain old level 16 crafted Rugged Smuggling set, which along with the Drelliad and Spec Ops represent the few truly nice looking but sadly class / weight locked gear sets players can make).

I agree though that there is almost no decent headwear in the game. The crafted Commando's helmet is okay; I used to leave that showing on my Vanguard when he wore that set from 16-50ish. And the Mercenary's crafted eyepiece / mask thing is cool. Other than that, I use hide head slot on every character and companion I have (except when I want to humiliate Aric Jorgan and make him run around in the full Social I Formal Outfit). These days I just pick head pieces by whatever has the nicest looking icon, cause that's all I ever see of it.

Edited by Heezdedjim

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gag, I think smugglers are the worst gear sets, unless some people call you a space cowboy, or Morris, or if you're a joker, smoker, or midnight toker.

I actually think a lot of the Sith Warrior gear looks pretty good, very Vader like with the exception of the Tilonese/Columni/Rakata or Akranian sets (though I saw someone PvPing who swapped his PvP mods into Columi War Leader gear, to each his own I guess *shrug*)

I agree that inquisitor gear is terrible, in my opinion it's the worst in the game.

The rest of the classes have some good and bad sets each.

And this is the fundamental problem with this thread.

Tastes differ.

Alot of people love that look that you gag on... So saying "there are no good looking smuggler outfits" should really be "there are no smuggler outfits that i like".

But of course, that wouldnt be as heavy an argument now would it? Because then it goes from being "fact" to being "opinon".

EDIT: Not saying that you are making those arguments, im saying that its the fundamental problem with the thread. Just using your opinion as an example.

Edited by OddballEasyEight