Presence not affecting my companions

Macetheace

so i'm putting presence items on my companion, and i'm noticing no extra health or dps increase on them, which was happening prior t o 2.0

is this a bug? or working as intended?

putting presence items on your companion wont help.

only YOUR presence score makes a difference...

precence only has an effect when you wear it yourself, it was never suposed to have effect on comps if they wore it.

this was initially a bug which was fixed

and why is that any way? It seems that presence should work for boosting your companion when equipped both on YOURself and on your companion ! Currently as a stat it is not very valuable, very quickly and readily i might add, superseded and replaced by level 55 items onward even by the level 54 items without it (from a max level, end game point of view). The notable absence of it on any non-craftable is obvious and further diminishes its value.

Edited by Macetheace

What use would presence if having the stat on a companion does not receive the same or even greater bonuses than having the stat on yourself? MEaning if you're right and in-game is working as intended, then by design presence is almost meaning less at max level, why should it be? IF it also boosted the companion by stacking it on the companion also, then you' d have a lot of use for all those presence items and presence augments etc. Also looking into the alternative of having presence on the companion boost your character should be explored.

What use would presence if having the stat on a companion does not receive the same or even greater bonuses than having the stat on yourself? MEaning if you're right and in-game is working as intended, then by design presence is almost meaning less at max level, why should it be? IF it also boosted the companion by stacking it on the companion also, then you' d have a lot of use for all those presence items and presence augments etc. Also looking into the alternative of having presence on the companion boost your character should be explored.

By that reasoning power, crit and all other effects should be shared just to make them "more useful".

As it stands you can either make your companion better or you can make yourself better. Its a good tradeoff.

For example, a healer might want to make his tank companion even better by using prescense mods on himself as well as shield/absorbtion mods on his companion.

While a tank player would want to boost his own shield/absorbtion rather than making his healer/dps companion better with prescense.

Presence is your leadership and influence over your companions, which inspires them to greater things. They don't have anyone to lead or influence (apart from maybe your pet orokeet), so they have no use for it.

tbh presence is pointless on gear because in the short term, any kind of stat boost to your char will be more significant than one to the companion and in the long term you will want to remove presence anyway as it will be pointless in endgame content where companions are available, as you will want good endgame gear for you and you will be able to gear your companion well enough with drops.

While "presence not affecting companions" is working as intended right now, I do think they should change it so having presence gear around has actually some meaning (though in the end it will still be pointless as you'll hardly have the time to gear your companions before endgame and in the endgame they are already strong enough with normal gear)

By that reasoning power, crit and all other effects should be shared just to make them "more useful".

As it stands you can either make your companion better or you can make yourself better. Its a good tradeoff.

For example, a healer might want to make his tank companion even better by using prescense mods on himself as well as shield/absorbtion mods on his companion.

While a tank player would want to boost his own shield/absorbtion rather than making his healer/dps companion better with prescense.

I understand what they've done all too well, and making presence on a companion also boost the companion does not change it being a trade off, because putting it on yourself will boost your companion more and boost you less STILL, that won't be changing, so there will still be a trade off.

having it on a companion and it on the copmanion boosting the companion, just raises the value of presence. it makes presnece items still worth using, buying, crafting, augmenting and slapping on your companion. You sitll have to put the gear up on the companion.

I'm not suggesting that your crit/surge/defesne and other stats are shared with a companion, like they do on WoW. This system is actually better and i prefer it. I was pointing out that because companions are lagging even further behind due to stat changes, presence as a stat on the companion should have a significant effect also. When on the companion, it should boos the companion just as much as the same amount on you boosts your companion. And it isn't an either/or, it's cumulative.

You should prefer 1 point of presence over 1 point of Endurance, strength (major stat), crit, surge, accuracy for your companion - because of the damage/healing/helath and defense boost 1 point gives.

tbh presence is pointless on gear because in the short term, any kind of stat boost to your char will be more significant than one to the companion and in the long term you will want to remove presence anyway as it will be pointless in endgame content where companions are available, as you will want good endgame gear for you and you will be able to gear your companion well enough with drops.

While "presence not affecting companions" is working as intended right now, I do think they should change it so having presence gear around has actually some meaning (though in the end it will still be pointless as you'll hardly have the time to gear your companions before endgame and in the endgame they are already strong enough with normal gear)

exactly..that is the current status quo. Which is not good really. Why not have it on the companion also boost the companion? that way it will continue to have value because while you will no longer be putting it on yoruslef at max level, you'll still have use for the presence items by putting them on your companion, and on your companion, they will still be more valualbe than non-presence items a tier or 2 above.

they should make presence be to companions on companions what expertise is to your character over another character. i.e. you would prefer expertise gear over non-expertise gear for pvp, likewise on your companion you should prefer to equip him with presence items over non-presence items.

Presence is your leadership and influence over your companions, which inspires them to greater things. They don't have anyone to lead or influence (apart from maybe your pet orokeet), so they have no use for it.

That's just semantics, simply make any presence on your companion character actually add to your presence. So you can even remove the entire stat off the companion sheet, or state on the companion sheet that the presence stat there is the presence value of your main character.

i.e. on the character sheet, the companion displays your presence value, and adding gear with presnece to the companion boosts your presence, not theirs cos they have no presence.

i wonder if anything will be done to increase the use or effectiveness of presence !! Or make it a more desirable stat or worthwhile stat to have at the level cap??

to me, making the stat very usefulwhen put on companions - or making the stat on companions increase your presence - by having only you have a presence stat or the presence stat being the only stat shared by both you and your companion will make it valuable and worth using with augments and with leadership/command/general reverse engineered items.

a developer input would be much appreciated.