The Promise was FIVE days, NOT seven.

Darth_Sookie

Then keep it 5 at let everyone in at same time so it's fair? Why help others? This is NOT what I payed for. If I wanted a lottery ticket, well I would of got one.

There was no mention of this ruling anywhere, which is againt the law.

LMFAO! You have no idea what that would do to the servers do you? If you got your way, all the servers would crash and it would probably take up to a week to get them up and running anyways.

God I love the MMO community (Rolls eyes)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol@ people thinking Bioware is doing a bad job of early access. Having been in a few early accesses myself, I can say I'd much rather the game be smooth for everyone playing, whenever they get to play, then to have the servers flooded. That never goes well. Those kinds of early access launches might as well not even happen, because you can barely get anything done for myriad reasons. People flood the zones and move in a wave, making it incredibly difficult to get anything done. Peope who were in beta zip ahead and then grief the dozens of people half their level. The huge population funneled into one or two zones creates a great deal of lag. The servers can't deal with all the stress adequately and buckle, leaving people without their server to play on while the people in charge do maintenance. Disconnects are rampant under those conditions and then said disconnects get to log back on...after an hour or two of waiting in a huge server que. They're fairly lucky, though, as they got to play at all, unlike thousands of others who got to sit in the mega ques of the popular servers, which can last for 5-6 hours or more.

Thank god, Bioware is doing this in a different way. When someone gets on to play, whenever that is, they'll be able to play with a minimum of difficulties that are out of their power to overcome. In the end Bioware will be looked upon with respect for how this launch went...if they don't mess it up in some way ;)

yup ive been watching this myself.

"Last month we revealed the details about Early Game Access"

Taken from http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111213

im pretty sure when i pre-ordered id done so cos of free accesss not upto free access, as im from a CS background i know what that means. my game also took 10 days of trying, included in that was them getting my credit card stopped cos they wouldnt take my address details cos i dont live in a city, tried 3 times and what ever they done theyre end my bank rang me up and said that they stopped the card cos they think someone tried to clone it i had to wait a week for another. thanks to origin, cos in all my years of internet banking thats never happened before. took about 50 attempts to get glasto tickets with no problems.

Then keep it 5 at let everyone in at same time so it's fair? Why help others? This is NOT what I payed for. If I wanted a lottery ticket, well I would of got one.

They were always going to stagger the launch. Up to 5 days was worded that way because they wern't letting everyone in on the first day. Now they have 7 days to get people in, rather than 5. People get to play earlier than expected, Bioware has more time to monitor the servers and to let smaller groups in, so as to avoid the sticky mess of server overloading which has plagued every other MMORPG launch. This is in no way a deficit for anyone, not the customers or the company.

What promise? All I see is "May play up to 5 days"

UP TO means anytime within 5 days before Dec. 20th. Bioware will fullfill thier obligation to you as long as they get you in before Dec. 20th. Everyone wants to play and everyone thinks they deserve to play first. Well, we're all waiting in the same line to do the same thing. First come, first served. All these people squaking about not being able to play NOW...you all remind me of the idiots trying to weave in and out of stop and go traffic just to get one more car length ahead..."Don't you know who I am and how important my affairs are?", they might yell. Of course I know how important you are. Thats why I'm laughing at your situation.

I'll bite. Dec 20th is an absolutely arbitrary date. There is NO reason why the date is 'releasing' on the 20th other than someone in EA saying that they should release the game before holiday season.

There is absolutely nothing magical that will happen on the 20th either. There will be no huge influx of players - everyone who orders before 20th gets in before 20th. And there is really no reason to wait to order until 20th as it's highly unlikely they'll drop box prices until after the holidays.

As such, the 7 day 'EGA' is actually worse for the people who ordered late than 5 day one. It adds much larger discontinuity in levels for the people who got in first and those who get in last. Not a big deal on PvE server (other than the amount of spoilers you'll be walking into from day 1), but a lot of people on PvP server will not enjoy it.

Now, I fully understand why and how it's being done. However asking people to rejoice in the fact that EGA has been extended to 7 days while they are sitting on their hands getting trolled by people who got in on the first day is not going to work. They will wait, but you can't ask them to be happy about it. It's about as futile as whining about not being in. Not actually going to help anyone.

Seriousleez

I better get my 7 days early play time. I just pre ordered 2 days ago and if I's don't get anyyyy pre play time... I'd be gonna be so pissed or angry. I'm not sure yet actually, but one of those two... If I don't get early access. I have no life.. I hate my job, I don't have a girlfriend. All I have right now is SWTOR and if I donts gets to plays I'm gonna be angree. I took two days vacation off work so I can mentally ********** now I actualyz have to do the real thing. This is ridcules mythic. I'm so angry at you. Fail FAIL FAIL. This is the worst launch ever.

**Troll**

The issue isn't whether we get 7 days or 5 days, or 2 days. The issue is that some people are playing right now, while others are not allowed to play right now. It's treating customers differently and unfairly from other customers. It was never expected they would roll out EA in the manner in which they have done, which is why people are surprised and upset. We expected to get to all start playing at the same time as to not give an advantage to others.

The issue isn't whether we get 7 days or 5 days, or 2 days. The issue is that some people are playing right now, while others are not allowed to play right now. It's treating customers differently and unfairly from other customers. It was never expected they would roll out EA in the manner in which they have done, which is why people are surprised and upset. We expected to get to all start playing at the same time as to not give an advantage to others.

It's perfectly fair....think of it as your standing in line for a ride at the fair.

That is an absolute fabrication. They have always said entry would be staggered, and they have said since they announced how long EGA would be that it would be "Up to 5 days."

Since they have said it would be staggered from the start, then, yes, this is exactly what you paid for. This "ruling" has been known since the start of pre-order, and it has been discussed over and over and over again on the forums. They have done nothing against the law.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.