Cel Cawdro's Commentary on the "Community Desire for Species" Poll Results

CelCawdro

It occurs to me that Togruta is simply the species that we know is in production as it was asked about specifically... I wonder if that means that there has been no official announcement since they're working on multiple. Wishful thinking, sure, but I am curious as to why there has been no direct confirmation or announcement on this website.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It occurs to me that Togruta is simply the species that we know is in production as it was asked about specifically... I wonder if that means that there has been no official announcement since they're working on multiple. Wishful thinking, sure, but I am curious as to why there has been no direct confirmation or announcement on this website.

Maybe because they started working on them the week before the guy slip and talk about them being next. We don't know how far in the creation process they were. Just because they say its next one in line doesn't mean that is going to be here within a month. How long did we official know about Cather before release?

Maybe because they started working on them the week before the guy slip and talk about them being next. We don't know how far in the creation process they were. Just because they say its next one in line doesn't mean that is going to be here within a month. How long did we official know about Cather before release?

it was about a year or more. And we still have nothing OFFICIAL on the next playable race. Yes Togruta seem to likely be next, but that doesn't mean they are until we get an OFFICIAL verification. Otherwise you all are just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Many thanks. A bout with insomnia last night finally gave me a nice chunk of time to write it out, uninterrupted. If there is anything more you'd like to add, or just feel that I should comment on, feel free to point it out. A bump to one of my mouse buttons saw to it that I lost a good chunk of it, so I know that there's more I could be saying. :)

Nice post, and here is a list of species i researched for one similar post i made in sugestions forum.

These are the playable species, no Wookies or Jawas, etc.

Togruta,

Nautolan,

Weequay,

Devaronian,

Rodian,

Chagrian,

Zygerrian,

Anzat,

Balosar,

Elomin,

Khommites,

Arkanian,

Firrerreo,

Zeltron,

Tarro,

Nikto,

Gotal,

Koorivar,

Bith,

Bothan,

Clawdite,

Duros,

Falleen,

Kaleesh,

Ryn,

The list is big, big enough for BW to release 2 species every year...

Nice post, and here is a list of species i researched for one similar post i made in sugestions forum.

These are the playable species, no Wookies or Jawas, etc.

Togruta,

Nautolan,

Weequay,

Devaronian,

Rodian,

Chagrian,

Zygerrian,

Anzat,

Balosar,

Elomin,

Khommites,

Arkanian,

Firrerreo,

Zeltron,

Tarro,

Nikto,

Gotal,

Koorivar,

Bith,

Bothan,

Clawdite,

Duros,

Falleen,

Kaleesh,

Ryn,

The list is big, big enough for BW to release 2 species every year...

uh it took them OVER a YEAR to make ONE (Cathar) but you're suggesting they can do TWO? lol.......

uh it took them OVER a YEAR to make ONE (Cathar) but you're suggesting they can do TWO? lol.......

Easily done. Just send them a train full of $100 bills every week. 100 train cars full of $100 bills weekly ought to be enough motivation right? So, who is going to foot the bill, because I sure as hell can't.

Lord, I hope not. Not because I don't want to see them, but because I only want to make one more toon, it's Togruta, and then I'm DONE with alts. 12 is too many!

• 2 months later...
Gotta level up that Nautolan, too! And Kel Dor!

I would personally love to see a Nautolan included, as that was the species I was set on creating when I first bought SWTOR, only to find out it wasn't an option. Even the option of a Kel Dor would be gladly welcomed. I'm just starting to get disheartened at how long it has taken this game to get some basic additions such as two additional species (I am aware of "clipping" issues; however a year is more than enough time to have a "species expansion" for crying out loud). And even when new species are implemented, they are likely to be placed behind the "pay" barrier of the Cartel Market.

(Although I would in time "pay" for these species options with the cartel coins earned through my sub; it is barriers like this that really dull my enjoyment of The Old Republic as a game).

Edited by ObsidianVashti