Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Game Update 2.2: Trust

Talsalus

Please list what changes to the current state of game that you would like to see. What does Bioware need to do to keep your subscription?

Well, these are two different questions. What I'd *like to see* is same sex romance with companions and the resumption of class quests. However, I don't realistically expect to see them, probably ever.

What they need to do to keep my subscription, though, is mostly not run the game to the ground. I have okay fun running through the class quests, so a holding pattern would probably keep my sub.

Having said that, from the subset of what's actually realistic, I would like to see them finally implement gray alignment and legacy cargo holds. I refuse to believe that they are a lot of work.

It's hard to keep subscribing to a game that keeps falling short in every update. I won't go into detail because everyone knows the current situation.

Please list what changes to the current state of game that you would like to see. What does Bioware need to do to keep your subscription?

You do realize that 2.1 was an off-cycle update right?

It's like you're paying for the Sunday paper and they drop a paper on your porch Wednesday. You only subscribe for the comics section and all the awesome Sunday ads so you complain they dropped the paper on Wednesday?

Actually, pazaak would be extremely easy to make as a cash cow. Just look to Magic the gathering and other "Trading Card Games".

Ehrm... doesn't Wizards of the Coast (now Hasbro) hold a patent on TCG's? (aha, yes, US 5662332 granted in 1997) If so, don't hold your breath while waiting until the patent expires (2014? 2017?)

Ehrm... doesn't Wizards of the Coast (now Hasbro) hold a patent on TCG's? (aha, yes, US 5662332 granted in 1997) If so, don't hold your breath while waiting until the patent expires (2014? 2017?)

Did you just imply that Hasbro has the sole rights to trading card games? If so, how to you explain the countless trading card games out currently? Someone should alert them.

EDIT: I see that they do, however, they have only ever went after the pokemon trading card game, and no other as far as I can tell. I highly doubt they would go after a virtual trading card game.

Edited by revensix

Wait, pazzak is a TCG? I always thought it was Baccarat in space. If its a TCG screw that, not interested.

Well, sort of, you had your deck that you drew 4 cards from and you used them in combination with the card dealt by the dealer. So if you had a better deck, you had better chance for getting a better hand, and thus better chance at victory (wow, three better in one sentence :) )

Well, who said that you can't learn anything on Saturday? I had no idea that TCG was patented (or even patentable). But, if it is from 1997, that would technically mean that KOTOR was braking it as well, and I remember no problems there (could be I just missed that). Or maybe, the definition of TCG in the patent did not apply to Pazaak (or to videogames in general)

Did you just imply that Hasbro has the sole rights to trading card games?

If so, how to you explain the countless trading card games out currently? Someone should alert them.

Patents, unlike trademarks, do not need to be vigorously defended. They can pick and choose their battles. Many of those involved are tiny companies, so not really worth pursuing. When WotC was independent, they did do just that. Hasbro not so much (size? customer backlash? CCG's no longer being the FotM? Been so long since I followed that space.)

I see that they do, however, they have only ever went after the pokemon trading card game, and no other as far as I can tell. I highly doubt they would go after a virtual trading card game.

Yep, they went after a big money competitor. Most of the rest of the market are small fish. Some of them worked around the patent (HeroClix IIRC) but that requires adding legal review into the development process.

Either way, a lot of extra effort is needed until the patent expires.

Most of the people posting in this thread somehow still don't realize that they're actually the ones that hurt this game. For Christ's sake the expansion (no matter the size) just came out. You guys all know for a fact that there is more content coming soon and that the CM guys are a completely different team. You also know that this resent patch wasn't an actual "content update". You basically received a bonus of some neat things to mess around with until the real stuff comes out later. You all know these things and still come on here and whine every day even though you still play. Or you're a bunch of noobs who have no basis for your accusations. Pick one. Either way people unsub more because of people like you. Sure this game needs work, but don't sit here and basically spit out BS you know nothing about. Stop whining. Edited by Freeyayo
Spell check

Well its kinda silly to expect a large content patch right after the release of an expansion...

Next patch is supposedly a content patch tho.

My thoughts exactly.

And once again..we have a thread title that is something different then what the OP posts. :rolleyes: OP wants a laundry list of things people want for patch content.. but labels the thread "Game Update 2.2 Trust"

Most of the people posting in this thread somehow still don't realize that they're actually the ones that hurt this game. For Christ's sake the expansion (no matter the size) just came out. You guys all know for a fact that there is more content coming soon and that the CM guys are a completely different team. You also know that this resent patch wasn't an actual "content update". You basically received a bonus of some neat things to mess around with until the real stuff comes out later. You all know these things and still come on here and whine every day even though you still play. Or you're a bunch of noobs who have no basis for your accusations. Pick one. Either way people unsub more because of people like you. Sure this game needs work, but don't sit here and basically spit out BS you know nothing about. Stop whining.

Pretty much.

But they will persist with this silliness anyway.

The consensus is it was small expansion, based on price and everything. Let's not lower our expectations too much, it won't make the game any better, it could make it worse actually. IMO expectations should be always higher than reality to fuel game's progress. With perfect game by a slight margin.

I disagree there were high expectations for SWTOR when it was first released and it did worse raising your expectations doesn't make a game better in fact it depends mostly on the company,the type of game and if the company has any experience making that type of game, and the game itself.

The consensus is it was small expansion, based on price and everything. Let's not lower our expectations too much, it won't make the game any better, it could make it worse actually. IMO expectations should be always higher than reality to fuel game's progress. With perfect game by a slight margin.

Regardless, that small expansion is still an expansion and it is less than 3 months old.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.