I'm actually impressed by the Stoopid Cat People

Kahotep

Let's get one thing straight. I don't like the Stoopid Cat People. I don't like Stoopid Cat People or any other kind of Stoopid Animal People in any genre. The idea is silly, the idea is a cliche, the idea has been done to death. It does matter whether it's Stoopid Cat People, Stoopid Wolf People or Stoopid Okapi People. Stoopid Animal People are Stoopid.

However, I am actually impressed with the way BW have done the Stoopid Cat People. Early shots didn't do them justice. It looked like the Stoopid Cat People were just going to be repainted humans with pointy ears. But the Stoopid Cat People are better than that. Stoopid Cat People actually have a completely different look and a different set of faces. The Stoopid Cat People actually make the likes of the Stoopid Blue People and the Stoopid Grey People look bad.

So I say, well done BW. I may not like your Stoopid Cat People, but I can appreciate the work that went into making the Stoopid Cat People. Your Stoopid Cat People give me hope that you may, one day, create a species that I do want to play and would be willing to pay for.

Heck, I may even buy the Stoopid Cat People and make one, but pretend it's some other alien and not a Stoopid Cat Person.

Funny fact is, that the Stoopid Cat People have been part of SW canon for decades... so BW did not invent them. They might have made them widely known by using Juhani as companion in KOTOR, but they are not their invention

The "Stoopid Cat People" are called Cathar and have been a part of Star Wars for decades now. Animal people are not as cliche and overused as elves and ogres, however.

By the way, it is spelled stupid, not stoopid. :p

Funny fact is, that the Stoopid Cat People have been part of SW canon for decades... so BW did not invent them. They might have made them widely known by using Juhani as companion in KOTOR, but they are not their invention

Still Stoopid though.

Look, I have nothing against the Stoopid Cat People and I respect your opinion, OP. But IMO, the Stoopid Cat People strayed a little too far from their Stoopid Cat People roots. I mean, there seem to be more grays and blues than the original Stoopid Cat People's oranges and yellows. IMHO, I think the Old Stoopid Cat People like the Trooper Stoopid Cat looks more aesthetically pleasing than the New Stoopid Cat People.

EDIT: However, I do like their Stupid Cat Patterns.

Edited by Ravager

Look, I have nothing against the Stoopid Cat People and I respect your opinion, OP. But IMO, the Stoopid Cat People strayed a little too far from their Stoopid Cat People roots. I mean, there seem to be more grays and blues than the original Stoopid Cat People's oranges and yellows. IMHO, I think the Old Stoopid Cat People like the Trooper Stoopid Cat looks more aesthetically pleasing than the New Stoopid Cat People.

EDIT: However, I do like their Stupid Cat Patterns.

I disagree. As Stoopid Cat People go, Aric is not good. He does just look like a human with a paint job. The new Stoopid Cat People are less human looking and I think that's a good thing.

I haven't played much with the editor yet. Is it possible to make Russian Blue Stoopid Cat People? Russian Blues are my favourite kind of Stoopid Cat.

Edited by Kahotep

Anyway, weren't Bothans the classic SW Stoopid Cat People? *** (where, when an why) did Cathar replace them?
Bothans are the Stoopid Dog People.

Cathar were first introduced as background characters in the infamous Christmas Special (yes, the one that GL tried to destroy after he published it), then they became more fleshed out in KOTOR comic books (I believe), but they became part of the mainstream knowledge with Juhani in KOTOR

Cathar were first introduced as background characters in the infamous Christmas Special (yes, the one that GL tried to destroy after he published it), then they became more fleshed out in KOTOR comic books (I believe), but they became part of the mainstream knowledge with Juhani in KOTOR

The appearance of Cathar in the Holiday Special is a retcon and was not intended in 1978.

The first appearance of Cathar identified as Cathar was in Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1 back in 1994. Sylvar and Crado both appeared in the issue. They went on to play a significant supporting role throughout the Tales of the Jedi Great Sith War arc.

The appearance of Cathar in the Holiday Special is a retcon and was not intended in 1978.

The first appearance of Cathar identified as Cathar was in Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1 back in 1994. Sylvar and Crado both appeared in the issue. They went on to play a significant supporting role throughout the Tales of the Jedi Great Sith War arc.

Props to you, I am not really up to my Old Republic and pre-Old Republic comic book knowledge (something I have to fix), and I was lazy to search wookiepedia for it

Props to you, I am not really up to my Old Republic and pre-Old Republic comic book knowledge (something I have to fix), and I was lazy to search wookiepedia for it

Hah.

Still, though: almost two decades old. You were more or less right.

Same with stupid blue people. SW (EU) canon is full of stupid ideas - but there is no reason to put them into this game.