Is this the most negative reaction to a patch thus far in SWTOR's brief history?

Machine-Elf

I wonder if when 2.2 is released, there will be people that will be like "lol they pushed a patch out early because there was a negative reaction to 2.1" even thought they already said it was coming before 2.1 was released.

Man, you know it's gonna be the Gree. That's exactly what people are gonna say, and people are already burnt out on it. Hell, I bet a good majority of people are legendary lol. I'm assuming though by the words of our devs, but maybe they got some surprise in the making. Hopefully they do ^^

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, he's just playing at forum pvp. Watch him, you'll see.

How am i playing forum pvp exactly, if you wish to blindfold yourself from what is currently happening then fine, go ahead and keep telling everyone that ingame features that require cc only are quite fine aslong as you save that cc given to subscribers.

Because you know what, bioware are defo listening to you.

Man, you know it's gonna be the Gree. That's exactly what people are gonna say, and people are already burnt out on it. Hell, I bet a good majority of people are legendary lol. I'm assuming though by the words of our devs, but maybe they got some surprise in the making. Hopefully they do ^^

They've already stated Gree will be BEFORE 2.2. So I highly doubt that. Good try, though.

eric already said the Gree event is coming out before 2.2.

The negative reactions to patches grows with each successive patch.

They make no official responses to complaints and the unofficial ones through their forum surrogates are blatantly transparent turd polishing.

Each patch also seems to cross the imaginary line of more and more subscribers that each subscriber has in their own minds of what is acceptable and what is gouging.

Each patch also seems to lend further credence to the growing consensus that the CM is now the game. It's probably not the majority opinion yet, but EA is doing their best to make that so.

How am i playing forum pvp exactly, if you wish to blindfold yourself from what is currently happening then fine, go ahead and keep telling everyone that ingame features that require cc only are quite fine aslong as you save that cc given to subscribers.

Because you know what, bioware are defo listening to you.

The only time they listen to me is when they warn or infract me. And then they only do it long enough to send me a PM and tick my account and move on. :p

They haven't changed their story. The cartel market stuff is fluff. Appearance. Vast majority of it can be had for credits.

They have created this grand appearance mechanic into this game and they've given me access to a portion of it just because I subscribe. Which portion? Completely up to me. I can use as much or as little as I want and get exactly what I want, when I want it. All without spending a dime over my sub.

And every once in a while they add more stuff to that mechanic / market / whatever. Which means I get more stuff to choose from. More candy in the store. Maybe it makes my choice more difficult, but it's still my choice, right?

I'm good with that.

It's not like they're gating flash points, war zones, operations, or space missions behind the cartel market. For subscribers, obviously.

Edited by DarthTHC

darth, i dont think they need to send you an email to see the huge swath of players who are defending the stripend being used for ingame features or how far that stripend will go and how far you are willing for it tobe stretched.

darth, i dont think they need to send you an email to see the huge swath of players who are defending the stripend being used for ingame features or how far that stripend will go and how far you are willing for it tobe stretched.

How is it being "stretched"? By giving more appearance options that are absolutely meaningless to my ability to participate effectively in flash points, operations, war zones (which I don't do but whatever), space, planetary missions?

The coins are not real world currency any more than credits are. You can't use them to buy anything outside of the game. And they come with your sub just like (the ability to get) credits.

I really get what you are saying.

Like someone who is like this:

Wants the Cathar. Wants to change little appearances here and there on 16 characters. Wants to unlock the revan gloves for a specific character but has to obtain the ridiculously priced mask or pay more CCs for packs.

That will take a few months. Maybe more if you go by your stipend. I understand peoples need to have it now mentality, which is impatience and I am one that follows the line of patience. But people play the game and will be willing to play longer if they have what they want in a timely fashion. I'm sorry, but 3 months or more isn't timely to me and I'm pretty damn patient. Older games took FOREVER to BiS gear yourself. No one would raid in this game except hardcorers if that was the case. But you can in a timely fashion here which appeals to everyones RL situations. I can miss a few days, but it's no biggie.

Grinding credits for a very casual player isn't the way to go either. Those are probably the people who are upset the most. They don't have the time to grind, so it's either save the stipend, or buy more. Very limited choice. Spend money or wait three months. Which they might not even last that long.

Ionno. I always say they just need to learn to implement their ideas better. I just hope they are actually trying instead of just giving us half assed attempts =/

Edit: These situations also just lead to people leaving the game.

Edited by Levity

How is it being "stretched"? By giving more appearance options that are absolutely meaningless to my ability to participate effectively in flash points, operations, war zones (which I don't do but whatever), space, planetary missions?

Its being strectched by the fact so many are so willing for it to cover more and more things, and who are they going to listen to. The ones who see this is wrong or the ones who advocate it and the others who dont say a word but throw thousands of £ a day at the cartel market.

That far outsrips what they get from subs. And they have subbers who are more then happy for them todo it. And the more your willing for it to be strecthed then whos to say where this game will be by 3.0.

It's ok, Darth. He's just mad that the $10 mom gave him doesn't buy him enough candy to fall into a Diabetic Coma.

Not everyone understands moderation. :D

They've already stated Gree will be BEFORE 2.2. So I highly doubt that. Good try, though.

Did they? I missed that. But instead of trying to "burn" me with your condescending tone, how about you just state it. Thankyou for your response though. At least I have something to look forward to.

It's ok, Darth. He's just mad that the $10 mom gave him doesn't buy him enough candy to fall into a Diabetic Coma.

And there you are with the insult as normal, hello kilora.

Its being strectched by the fact so many are so willing for it to cover more and more things, and who are they going to listen to. The ones who see this is wrong or the ones who advocate it and the others who dont say a word but throw thousands of £ a day at the cartel market.

That far outsrips what they get from subs. And they have subbers who are more then happy for them todo it. And the more your willing for it to be strecthed then whos to say where this game will be by 3.0.

But they haven't stretched it yet beyond what they said they would.

They announce they're gating any of the categories I've mentioned behind this market and I immediately cancel my sub and tell them that's why.

I long ago learned that I can imagine a crapton of things that can go wrong, but of that crapton of things I imagine, very often none actually happen. I'll wait this one out and see what they do. Especially since thus far, they've been true to their word on CM.

Did they? I missed that. But instead of trying to "burn" me with your condescending tone, how about you just state it. Thankyou for your response though. At least I have something to look forward to.

Maybe you could've stated your assumption without attempting to "burn" the company? Funny how politeness goes two ways. I just responsed with the same tone you used.

Nothing personal. As far as Gree -- I'm still really hoping we will get it on a different planet this time. Twice on Ilum? Meh, I guess that is ok. Three times? Nah, I'll find something else to do >.<

You have entirely the wrong impression of him. Entirely.

But they haven't stretched it yet beyond what they said they would.

They announce they're gating any of the categories I've mentioned behind this market and I immediately cancel my sub and tell them that's why.

I long ago learned that I can imagine a crapton of things that can go wrong, but of that crapton of things I imagine, very often none actually happen. I'll wait this one out and see what they do. Especially since thus far, they've been true to their word on CM.

They have never once said what it would be stretched at. If they have please do show me where they said what the limit was.

But tell me, and seriously answer this without an satire. Is there or is there not a huge group of people on the forums right now who are stating the stripend is there tobe used for features, that its perfectly fine to save the stripend for features for things that are higher costs and that the stripend covers everything like this.

They have never once said what it would be stretched at. If they have please do show me where they said what the limit was.

But tell me, and seriously answer this without an satire. Is there or is there not a huge group of people on the forums right now who are stating the stripend is there tobe used for features, that its perfectly fine to save the stripend for features for things that are higher costs and that the stripend covers everything like this.

They've said it's appearance. They can stretch it like Gumby for all I care as long as it stays in that box.

The only thread I'm aware of on the forum asking for CM to be used for anything but appearance, well the only SERIOIUS one, is asking it to be used for subscription fee.

I have seen others asking for p2w and I think another asking for something equally stupid, but I can't take them seriously.

What else have you seen?

You asked me to remember.

Oh I know! I was just hoping you took my recommendation.

It was quite literally a recommendation to make you happier. In my sincere opinion -- nothing I say will ever do more than piss you off. And while I don't necessarily mean you harm -- I'm 100% done with trying to be nice to people on the forums, because when I do make the attempt, I'm attacked by someone else.

And, it's the internetz! No one should be civil, right?:D

Maybe you could've stated your assumption without attempting to "burn" the company? Funny how politeness goes two ways. I just responsed with the same tone you used.

Nothing personal. As far as Gree -- I'm still really hoping we will get it on a different planet this time. Twice on Ilum? Meh, I guess that is ok. Three times? Nah, I'll find something else to do >.<

I stated it was an assumption did I not? I wasn't trying to burn the company. However, when Eric pops into a thread and states great content for 2.2, then hints at the Gree, it's a big let down. Thanks for clarifying that it won't just be the Gree. That, at least, leaves hope!

They've said it's appearance. They can stretch it like Gumby for all I care as long as it stays in that box.

The only thread I'm aware of on the forum asking for CM to be used for anything but appearance, well the only SERIOIUS one, is asking it to be used for subscription fee.

I have seen others asking for p2w and I think another asking for something equally stupid, but I can't take them seriously.

What else have you seen?

I have no problem with fluff, its the revolving around features that peevs me. I always expected the stripend to cover the fluff but the stripend covered [..........] much and now we are expected to make the stripend cover [...................................], so whats next.

As for people asking for P2W they should just be shot out of the escape hatch, this is nothing todo with P2W and more delivery of features to subscribers.

I have no problem with fluff, its the revolving around features that peevs me. I always expected the stripend to cover the fluff but the stripend covered [..........] much and now we are expected to make the stripend cover [...................................], so whats next.

As for people asking for P2W they should just be shot out of the escape hatch, this is nothing todo with P2W and more delivery of features to subscribers.

But the [..........] and [...................................] are still all within the "fluff" box, right?