Legacy wide Codex

Krayven

Not sure if it's been suggested before, but given that there are codex related legacy achievements, why not make the codex entries legacy wide?

This could extend to the often requested legacy wide datacron collections. If one really wanted to they could still go out of their way to collect all these once they had been obtained on 1 toon if they really wanted the pittance of XP that you get from such discoveries.

This is actually a bad idea.. A lot of the codex entries are tied to different tasks and achievements.. Such as collecting all the lore on a given planet.. Collecting the codex entries for all the beasts of a planet.. Or all the crew skills entries.. Or all the class story entries.. All the datacrons have codex entries.. Not having them is also a means to tell which datacrons you still need to get..

So no.. This is actually a bad idea.. There really is no benefit here.. ;)

Edited by MajikMyst

This is actually a bad idea.. A lot of the codex entries are tied to different tasks and achievements.. Such as collecting all the lore on a given planet.. Collecting the codex entries for all the beasts of a planet.. Or all the crew skills entries.. Or all the class story entries.. All the datacrons have codex entries.. Not having them is also a means to tell which datacrons you still need to get..

Achievements are legacy-wide. Why would codex entries not be made legacy-wide? Your arguments against certain convenience features leads me to believe that you spent an unnatural amount of time getting crons or codex entries on all your alts because it made you feel special, and now you don't want that "special" feeling taken away.

Who finds getting all the lore nodes on EVERY character fun? Why not just make them legacy-wide?

The datacron argument is null once datacrons are available legacy-wide. If you don't think this stuff is going legacy-wide soon, you either don't know how MMOs work(old content becomes less tedious), or you are in denial.

Either way, the majority of the playerbase wants this feature. This is not the first thread about it. Once BW has the time to code it, it's probably going in because it's CONVENIENT!

I get your point about the datacron tracking, but it is actually not possible to get all achievements with only one toon anyway (in fact 1 of the beastiary achievements can only be obtained by SI), so sure you could track your d'cron progress on 1 toon, but not on any subsequent ones. And as I said, tie in with legacy wide d'cron collections and bam, problem solved :)

Achievements are legacy-wide. Why would codex entries not be made legacy-wide? Your arguments against certain convenience features leads me to believe that you spent an unnatural amount of time getting crons or codex entries on all your alts because it made you feel special, and now you don't want that "special" feeling taken away.

Who finds getting all the lore nodes on EVERY character fun? Why not just make them legacy-wide?

The datacron argument is null once datacrons are available legacy-wide. If you don't think this stuff is going legacy-wide soon, you either don't know how MMOs work(old content becomes less tedious), or you are in denial.

Either way, the majority of the playerbase wants this feature. This is not the first thread about it. Once BW has the time to code it, it's probably going in because it's CONVENIENT!

I guess you didn't read my post.. Datacrons will never be legacy.. It would be stupid of them to do that.. Try again.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

I get your point about the datacron tracking, but it is actually not possible to get all achievements with only one toon anyway (in fact 1 of the beastiary achievements can only be obtained by SI), so sure you could track your d'cron progress on 1 toon, but not on any subsequent ones. And as I said, tie in with legacy wide d'cron collections and bam, problem solved :)

See.. That is the your error.. There is no problem now.. You can track all the datacrons on each character.. There is no point to making the datacrons legacy and it would be a stupid move to do so.. The only reason to make them legacy is pure laziness.. People are bored and tired of collecting the datacrons but not leveling?? So why not legacy leveling?? Do you realize people will put more effort into upgrading a single item of gear than it takes to get all the datacrons.. There isn't a single item of gear that is going to give you +30 to all base stats and +40 to endurance, (counting the Makeb datacron.)..

As for achievements?? It is just a pointless idea.. It serves no purpose.. Achievements have no bearing on the codex.. Asking for legacy codex is just one more thing that people are to lazy to do.. It actually sucks that the achievements are legacy.. They shouldn't be.. Be thankful you all got that one.. Let not legacy the entire game.. Because then all you people will be complaining about how there is nothing to do in the game.. Just like you all are complaining about having to pay for stuff because you demanded F2P..

So the problem is not solved.. There is no problem to begin with.. People just need to stop lookling for short cuts.. If playing the game is so boring for you then go play something else.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst