Cathar Race > Only 7 hairs…not enough customization...

smellymetal

Only 7 haircuts (not counting " bald " as one) and even then, some haircuts are the same, with just a small variation. Most of them don't make your Cathar character look "killer" or stand out.

Where are the 30+ human haircuts gone??? Is the Cathar 3D model so different?

Why only 7 haircuts? I'm a subscriber and I was there at launch, honestly - after buying the race with cartel points - I feel screwed (kinda)

Why can't we make such face / hair ? ->

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdp26jv3wr1ruo9qqo1_1280.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dPVo_Emodcs/TiAnGiLf6gI/AAAAAAAABD8/Gn4KtM-Cgn4/s1600/18.jpg

I always defended this game on YouTube,blogs,forums etc. but this time I can't do it…sorry but I wish the devs read this and do/prepare something for the next update. I feel like I've wasted those cartel points and I'm seriously considering stopping my sub - looks like there's no point investing in this game anymore, honestly….the 'free' version is too limited IMHO, and the sub doesn't seem like it treats you well for your money. What do ya think? Is it me or they went lazy on us? Only 7 haircuts??? With some of them being minor variations from each-other?

PS: Also, the brand "New Fur Technology" they advertised in promo videos, I couldn't see anything, only regular textures…(As seen on my NVIDIA GTX 570, maxed-out)

Edited by smellymetal

Only 7 hairs (not counting " bald " as one) and even then, some hairs are the same, with just a small variation. Most of them don't make your Cathar character look "killer" or stand out.

Where are the 30+ human hairs gone??? Is the Cathar 3D model so different?

Why only 7 hairs? I'm a subscriber and I was there at launch, honestly - after buying the race with cartel points - I feel screwed (kinda)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dPVo_Emodcs/TiAnGiLf6gI/AAAAAAAABD8/Gn4KtM-Cgn4/s1600/18.jpg

I always defended this game on YouTube,blogs,forums etc. but this time I can't do it…sorry but I wish the devs read this and do/prepare something for the next update. I feel like I've wasted those cartel points and I'm seriously considering stopping my sub - looks like there's no point investing in this game anymore, honestly….the 'free' version is too limited IMHO, and the sub doesn't seem like it treats you well for your money. What do ya think? Is it me or they went lazy on us? Only 7 hairs??? With some of them being minor variations from each-other?

Then what would they have left to sell us in a later patch???

Then what would they have left to sell us in a later patch???

you know what, nail, hammer, head. Just like the human only stuff that u know doesnt work on humans with implants what are they called again, ow ye cyborgs. is BS.

Edited by Shingara

Thats why don't made a Cathar. I don't like any of the hair cuts. (Why are hair cuts missing that i can see in the game, on Cathar NPCs?) And all the other options are also very poor.

It took very long... and now they came with so few customization options?

This is exactly the one I want.

Edited by discbox

Me too…And since so many websites used this NPC image to illustrate the upcoming Cathar playable race, I was disappointed it was not available :/

Thats why don't made a Cathar. I don't like any of the hair cuts. (Why are hair cuts missing that i can see in the game, on Cathar NPCs?) And all the other options are also very poor.

It took very long... and now they came with so few customization options?

This is exactly the one I want.

I created a Cathar with the... second or so hairstyle + some full beard for my new sentinel as this seemed to be the only "valid" hairstyle available? I didn't check the female options but it was kinda "surprising" to see only so many. However with the latest "addition" to the game, I'm sure we'll see finally some cool hairstyles and other customization options via the second Cartel Market... the Customization Shop. Maybe their "secret" space project will be a time limited full free space area payed for with Cartel Coins and since it's "just" a minigame... can't be that bad right? :o Edited by Sziroten

lol yeah probably, but you know…it's like what Luke felt about his father…"I sense there is still good left in Bioware" ;D

It's easy to pinpoint when Bioware stopped being Bioware. It was when they released Dragon Age 2.

You know this makes me sad…it's BioWare we're talking about…Damn - they used to be my fav gaming company...

They started stopping being BioWare within a year of EA purchasing them. They completely stopped being BioWare when the Doctors left. Name only now.

EA buys beloved, respected gaming shops, makes them churn and burn new low-risk iterations of stuff they've already innovated, and when they run the name into the dirt, they close up shop and buy the next one.

The doctors got rich(er) out of it. As I'm sure did the employees who made BioWare the amazing thing it was. Don't cry for anyone. Just realize what happens and use that to inform your expectations moving forward.

Edited by DarthTHC

Only 7 haircuts (not counting " bald " as one) and even then, some haircuts are the same, with just a small variation. Most of them don't make your Cathar character look "killer" or stand out.

Where are the 30+ human haircuts gone??? Is the Cathar 3D model so different?

Why only 7 haircuts? I'm a subscriber and I was there at launch, honestly - after buying the race with cartel points - I feel screwed (kinda)

I always defended this game on YouTube,blogs,forums etc. but this time I can't do it…sorry but I wish the devs read this and do/prepare something for the next update. I feel like I've wasted those cartel points and I'm seriously considering stopping my sub - looks like there's no point investing in this game anymore, honestly….the 'free' version is too limited IMHO, and the sub doesn't seem like it treats you well for your money. What do ya think? Is it me or they went lazy on us? Only 7 haircuts??? With some of them being minor variations from each-other?

PS: Also, the brand "New Fur Technology" they advertised in promo videos, I couldn't see anything, only regular textures…(As seen on my NVIDIA GTX 570, maxed-out)

I want that pixie-hairdo for my female cathar so bad. Love the way my fem kitty-trooper looks but darn it, I really dislike the different haircuts that she has to choose from. Hope that there will be more to choose from sometime soon.

Not a happy cat on this point. Yay that I finally can play them but pretty please do something about the hair. And give me that pixie-cut :)

I am extreemly dissapointed with the Cathar race. Ever since they announced it I have put my JK on hold, as I planned to make a cathar guardian. I had a look in mind, something like the male in the second picture.

And, now, when the race finally arrive (half a year to late ++) I can only make lolcatz. I still made my cathar guardian, but, so utterly dissapointed with the customaztation options, this was not worth the wait. And, I will not buy the next race unless its one I really really want (like weequay). I bought this more to support new races than to show that I like cathar (I hadnt heard of Cathar before TOR).

Edit: just to clarify, I am unhappy with almost all the options. Pattern, faces, color, hair etc. the only option I am happy with is the body scale :p

Edited by Tigalo

Yeah, I was really disappointed in the selection of Cathar hair but I'm hoping they add more in the future.

Wish Granted! Cathar Hair(ball) Pack 1, coming in patch 2.3, 240 cartel coins.

(Yes, I made that up.)

(But you know the only variable will be the patch number, right?)

This is also the haircut I was looking for/expecting to use. Alternately something like the male cathar hair option #4 added to females would be nice. Would love to have more options like these that look more like some sort of extension of their natural fur, rather than wigs/incredibly tight braids. Currently leveling bald until we get a few more hairstyles going >.<