Unsubbing?

Bryanseven

I have been so outraged by this patch I have been posting in alot of the complaint threads but I just had an epiphany last post..

The thing about the customization patch and the cartel market is...it's like going to a buffet, paying the fee and then discovering the ketchup is extra. Mildly annoyed but hungry you agree to pay the extra buck for the ketchup...only to have a guy show up to your table with a blindfold and a bowl of random condiments to give you two picks from the bowl. You might get the ketchup...but nope you get applesauce and Jam on your picks. Pay another dollar for two more picks.

Would this be ok? Or would you feel like you were being had?

Gonna repost this in a new thread probably because I think it sums it up perfectly.

awesome

I have been so outraged by this patch I have been posting in alot of the complaint threads but I just had an epiphany last post..

The thing about the customization patch and the cartel market is...it's like going to a buffet, paying the fee and then discovering the ketchup is extra. Mildly annoyed but hungry you agree to pay the extra buck for the ketchup...only to have a guy show up to your table with a blindfold and a bowl of random condiments to give you two picks from the bowl. You might get the ketchup...but nope you get applesauce and Jam on your picks. Pay another dollar for two more picks.

Gonna repost this in a new thread probably because I think it sums it up perfectly.

It's a perfect analogy! :) There is one problem though. Even if you feel owned by the restaurant - If the buffet is good enough and there are no alternatives to your taste you'll still be going back. Hell, I've been going to the same chineese restaurant in town for ten years now even though the staff almost remarkable rude and have talked behind my back numerous of times!

I was on the fence about this entire update, since most of it revolves around the cartel market. I held off judgement until I logged in and checked it all out. Once I saw how things worked, I realized that this game is going farther down a path that I don't like and I also unsubbed. While I don't feel that F2P players get the same things as a subscriber, I certainly don't feel that a subscribers benefits are worth $15. Content just isn't being added unless its through the cartel market.

Precisely why I unsubbed. I still enjoy the game. I still will pay $15/month. But I will spend that $15 on Cartel Coins instead of on a subscription which mostly just includes things that I oculd purchase as one-time buys from the Cartel Market instead of paying the sub for them month after month.

The game is worth $15 per month, but I miss out on more of what I want by spending that $15 on a sub than I would by controlling the money and making the purchases a la carte.

If you don't want to spend CC, don't use the dyes, craft them or buy them on the GTN. If you stopped having a rage for a second you would realise there are different options.

The ketchup scenario is stupid due to the GTN. Dyes are cheaper than random packs and will be just as, if not more popular on the GTN.

i don't think ppl are unsubbing solely because of dye pack gambling. personally, i am frustrated with how bad the nickel and diming has gotten. a few coins here and a few more coins there. it adds up quickly.

All of the best looking gear and dyes are cartel market only.

Well if EA/Bioware depended solely on subs to keep this game alive I bet there would be NO SWTOR. There was a reason why it went F2P, cause subs alone can't keep this game going.

If you want to play SWTOR then you have to live with the CM.

i don't think ppl are unsubbing solely because of dye pack gambling. personally, i am frustrated with how bad the nickel and diming has gotten. a few coins here and a few more coins there. it adds up quickly.

All of the best looking gear and dyes are cartel market only.

I am a little like this also. I think its only my guild and guild mates that is keeping me in Tor. I don't mind cartel updates but its like 40% game updates 60% cartel on each update these days and cant believe 17 months in the basics such as guild mail have not been added. if and when it does come, probably be unlock via cartel

He isnt unsubing because of the dies alone... Its the continued slap in the face... No real new content. The cartel market is just bad.

I will keep playing atm... Just resubed since leaving the game 2 months after launch. Only reason I did is because I want to play a mindless game with my limited free time... Ive played Eve for years and just bored for now, and dont have the time required for that game.

Simple fact is... Eve tried this cash shop option for their game, and lost a half of their subscriptions over it... You know what, they pulled the plan and worked on things the players wanted... Like bug fixes and actual new content.

Unsubing works, if done with enough people.

i unsubed but not just because of the dye packs all tho that is a big reason char appareance is big part of game and not going to play the lottery to make my char look way if i want to take chance on getting something I will play the powerball least then I have chance of winning something good.

this game needs to take a serious look at other f2p games markets like aion lotro eq2 thos games have great markets with lots of items to buy swtor market is just lame very few items and over 50% of them are lottery type items that are waste of money.

just like everything that this game has developed so far its complete lazyness instead of takeing the time to develop enough content and the right content they scrap together some crap and try to shove down your throats.

there pushing away more people then they will ever attract with all this lottery crap they will never learn.

Bioware dont care what we say on these forums, it wont make a single one of them lose a second of sleep. Im not even sure they moderate them anymore.

hey they did change increased the commendations limit ... because many of us were writing about it on on forums... so they do listen ..

but many complaints are checked with their in game statistics and knowledge... so only the major problem are fixed right away, the medium ones goes to known issues and those that happen to minority they are just ignored if they can't be fixed in easy way

hey they did change increased the commendations limit ... because many of us were writing about it on on forums... so they do listen ..

but many complaints are checked with their in game statistics and knowledge... so only the major problem are fixed right away, the medium ones goes to known issues and those that happen to minority they are just ignored if they can't be fixed in easy way

Can you think of anymore. Bugs dont count.

Edited by Shingara

Can you think of anymore. Bugs dont count.

honestly i feel the change in my Mercenary PvP WZ matches survivability after 2.0 these i can remember because they were my personal things i cared to see the changes....

I know that the were numerous suggestion but i mainly play not read the forum so somebody could have their request listened and fulfilled to

The Bolster also made big change in WZ accessibility for lower lvls

Great analogy :D

honestly i feel the change in my Mercenary PvP WZ matches survivability after 2.0 these i can remember because they were my personal things i cared to see the changes....

I know that the were numerous suggestion but i mainly play not read the forum so somebody could have their request listened and fulfilled to

The Bolster also made big change in WZ accessibility for lower lvls

No that was rebalancing skills for new talents and the level cap increase, thats not them listening to us.

I did and not just because of the dye. I came back tried f2p and didnt like it so i subbed for a month to see what the game is like now and i was enjoying it and even was ready to buy the xpac, but the disappointment with the execution of the update yesterday, yes its all fluff but some of it is fluff i wanted to use, being all about milking some more cash out of the market and not having something as simple as free unlock cathar for subs is the kind of thing that turns me off about the game.

For the ones that say yesterday's patch is voluntary content and if i dont like i dont have to use it, you are missing the point completely. I have played most of the other mmos before this one and with the exception of an xpac, i cant ever remember subscribers having to pay to use new content.

I'd probably unsub if I didn't work the GTN to make obscene amounts of money.

Since I can afford to spend millions to complete collections or buy the rare dye packs on the GTN it's really not much of an issue for me. Now if they only had some way for me to convert in-game credits to cartel coins I'd be golden.

But I get where you're coming from. I don't like to spend RL money so if I weren't sitting on a huge cache of credits I'd be upset.