So I just resubscribed...

LordFlasheart

Hi everyone,

Like my title says I just resubscribed. I quit last May/June just as War Hero stuff was coming out because I didn't feel like going back on the treadmill for another set of gear. However with the onset of a new expansion I found the perfect solution that would allow me to PvP without having to worry about the gear treadmill. Low level PvP that I can't level out of if I don't buy the expansion.

The problem is, my two 50's (Scoundrel and Sentinel) both have full Battlemaster and nothing else. I have found that while I can compete in this gear (I certainly haven't had trouble killing people) I do have at least 3k health less than similar classes, and I am not sure if there is a power difference between how hard I hit and how hard they hit.

I am curious what the best solution would be. I have both a cybertech and an artifice that can make the epic level 49 mods, armor and enhancements for these characters, so the simple solution would be to switch out the armoring and mods for crafted ones. But I can't get past the fact that I am downgrading myself to a large extent (nearly 10 levels from 58 level mods to 49/50's) I am not sure how the expertise is calculated into the bolster or if it is just lost stat budget.

So I am curious if I should do dailies to buy the campaign PvE gear to be at my best for PvP, or if the bolster means this will be a negligible upgrade to the level 49/50 mods.

Any advice would be appreciated, I am kinda confused about this.

Also one other thing, as I level new characters, such as my armormech, I do my best to try and get purple versions of every slot I upgrade to, so my question is if this is a waste of time and if bolster essentially wipes out the differences between the purples and the blues, or if it is worth trying to get the purples for some help in PvP.

easy battle master gear is unobtainible any more as is WH/EWH, to make sure your not gimping yourself with the old pvp gear, get some cheap custom armor and then go to thefleet and fill it with level 50 purple pve mods suitible for your class then enjoy as the new bolster will give you expertise regardless of pve gear not having it already

easy battle master gear is unobtainible any more as is WH/EWH, to make sure your not gimping yourself with the old pvp gear, get some cheap custom armor and then go to thefleet and fill it with level 50 purple pve mods suitible for your class then enjoy as the new bolster will give you expertise regardless of pve gear not having it already

This, I had your problem when I started playing again and while getting enough wz comms to buy new PvP gear, I simply replaced the armoring / mods / enhancements / hilts with modifications that are available at the planetary comms vendors. Granted, I had to do section X dailies to get enough, it worked out very well for me prior to buying the new expansion.

to take advantage of bolster correctly, you should make sure you are wearing gear with 0 expertise. That's right, 0 expertise. Expertise is only meant to be had on lvl 55 gear now; however, many relics and other items still have expertise on them. Wearing this expertise gear in a PvP match will cripple you because when the bolster system sees a piece of gear with expertise, it immediately removes the bolster effect for that item slot.

This is likely why you have lower health and expertise thanthe people around you. Any character in pvp under lvl 55 can attain 2018 expertise (max) if they gear correctly.

As odd as it sounds, remove your expertise gear. Your stats will improve greatly

to take advantage of bolster correctly, you should make sure you are wearing gear with 0 expertise. That's right, 0 expertise. Expertise is only meant to be had on lvl 55 gear now; however, many relics and other items still have expertise on them. Wearing this expertise gear in a PvP match will cripple you because when the bolster system sees a piece of gear with expertise, it immediately removes the bolster effect for that item slot.

This is likely why you have lower health and expertise thanthe people around you. Any character in pvp under lvl 55 can attain 2018 expertise (max) if they gear correctly.

As odd as it sounds, remove your expertise gear. Your stats will improve greatly

First, just grind to 55 (in Makeb and WZs) with whatever you happen to be wearing.

Then, there are 1-time "Priority Missions" for section x and makeb. Knock those out and you should be able to get gear (maybe just a belt and bracer at least) from the Basic Comms Vendor (or Classic Vendor). Grind cash and buy a purple player-made earpiece and implants. Use planetary comms acquired during leveling at the makeb vendor on the fleet to fill in your armorings, mods, enhancements. Get biochem to 450 and be perma-buffed. Use your first warzone comms on mainhand and offhand (or relics because you don't want to be using battlemaster ones due to bolster).

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Just so you guys know, I have no intention of buying the expansion at this time. I am going to finish leveling all the classes and PvPing in the low level bracket. I find the low level PvP more fair. My question was mostly how to maximize my level 50 characters the fastest with regards to the bolster system.

I realize I will have to get rid of my Battlemaster gear, but I am trying to figure out if the 49 mods I can make with cybertech and artifice will suffice. Or if it would be worth it to grind classic comms for the campaign gear.

I am also not sure if I should keep my BM barrels/hilts for the increased tech/force power or if I should go with lower level versions of those too.

I haven't heard any opinions about my other question either, whether or not I should keep trying to get purple armormech patterns to wear for PvP as I level up. I am not sure how the bolster system affects the stat differences between blues and purples.

Just so you guys know, I have no intention of buying the expansion at this time. I am going to finish leveling all the classes and PvPing in the low level bracket. I find the low level PvP more fair. My question was mostly how to maximize my level 50 characters the fastest with regards to the bolster system.

I realize I will have to get rid of my Battlemaster gear, but I am trying to figure out if the 49 mods I can make with cybertech and artifice will suffice. Or if it would be worth it to grind classic comms for the campaign gear.

I am also not sure if I should keep my BM barrels/hilts for the increased tech/force power or if I should go with lower level versions of those too.

I haven't heard any opinions about my other question either, whether or not I should keep trying to get purple armormech patterns to wear for PvP as I level up. I am not sure how the bolster system affects the stat differences between blues and purples.

Please go back a day carefully read my post. My process did not require the expansion.

Purple mods from the planetary comms vendors are what you want.

plantry coms have replaced the individual plants commodations so isnteado f needign about a billion belsavis cosm you only need one universal commodation cash them in on the fleet for level 50 purplemods on the fleet, i think its where correlia vendors are on the fleet then thats all you need

Here's the really cool part: you can trade warzone commendations for planetary commendations. There is a vendor next to the pvp terminal. You can then take those planetary commendations and buy mods from a planet vendor on the fleet. Put those mods into your purchased orange gear and you are set!

I can understand your sentiment regarding not purchasing the expansion. In fact, I almost wish that I could un-buy it so that my characters could remain in sub-55 pvp bliss forever. However, I really do enjoy the new ability that is gained at 51. Go read the 2.0 notes to get an idea of the ability that you are missing out on. With my sentinel: dual saber throw is really nice to have in pvp. With my sage: the invinci-bubble is really freaking cool! Furthermore, 55 pvp is not that bad. It doesn't take all that long to get partisan gear.

Sorry Iriquois, I misunderstood what you were saying.

However I am having trouble finding a planetary commendation vendor that sells purple mods that are useable without the expansion. In fact the only vendor I found that sells purple mods for planetary comms is the Makeb Commendation vendor near the Corellia vendors. However despite being level 50 they still require the expansion to use, as does many other mods at level 50.

So is there another vendor? I am not sure if there were separate Black Hole or Section X vendors that might sell them. If not I am back to where I was before, do I use my craftable ones for level 49, or do I farm out classic comms for the campaign gear?

Also still curious about purples over blues for low level players too.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Bump, just to try and get some clarification.

It looks like I was mistaken abouy not having the expansion, I figured since I didn't have early access (the time when the I bought mine) that the vendor would be accessible to you as well as a non expansion pack player.

I'll PayPal you the 10$ no lie, just upgrade lol.

Lol it isn't about the money. It was more about being able to stay in the low level PvP bracket indefinitely. You know without dropping from WZ's early so I don't get XP. I realize that the 55 PvP isn't as bad as it used to be, but this is more a stand against the constant PvP treadmill. I wish we could PvP so everyone came in with the exact same stats regardless of gear, true competition derived from everyone being equal.

Give us vanity gear to prove how much time/skill we put in, give us cool mounts and pets to earn. Hell give us an useable disco ball that broadcasts Rated WZ rating in bright flashy lights above our heads if that's what people need. I am just sick of needing to play all the time so that I don't get my *** handed to me as the gear levels get higher.

Anyway, that's enough of my rant. I will start with the craftable lvl 49 purple mods and if I am not feeling on equal enough footing I will see about getting the campaign gear.

I appreciate the input from everyone.

Sorry Iriquois, I misunderstood what you were saying.

However I am having trouble finding a planetary commendation vendor that sells purple mods that are useable without the expansion. In fact the only vendor I found that sells purple mods for planetary comms is the Makeb Commendation vendor near the Corellia vendors. However despite being level 50 they still require the expansion to use, as does many other mods at level 50.

So is there another vendor? I am not sure if there were separate Black Hole or Section X vendors that might sell them. If not I am back to where I was before, do I use my craftable ones for level 49, or do I farm out classic comms for the campaign gear?

Also still curious about purples over blues for low level players too.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Oh, I guess I forgot about the makeb vendor requiring the expansion. Hmm. In that case, I'd probably get the campaign gear. L50 HM flashpoints now drop "classic commendations" instead of tionese crystals (I think you probably already know this...), so you can fairly quickly gear up with campaign gear.

I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that the differences between purples and blues with bolster is insignificant. If I were you, I wouldn't bother. In fact, I don't bother to gear up my lower level characters for pvp much at all. There is probably a slight difference, but nothing worth grinding over. Sub-55 pvp is the most "fair" that it has ever been IMO. Even 55 pvp is not that unfair.

Thinking about it, if you are going to grind for campaign gear, you almost might as well just get the expansion and grind for 55 partisan pvp gear instead. I had been converting regular warzone comms to ranked comms when I was leveling my sage from 50 to 55 (mostly via pvp). By the time I hit 55, I was able to purchase most of the partisan gear. So, being that I would pvp anyway, there was no grind. There was some waste in down-converting ranked comms to regular comms, but it was worth it to get mostly partisan from the start. The second tier, conqueror gear, is not all that much better. Also, partisan gear makes 50HM flashpoints seem really easy. :D