Eric Musco - Can you confirm/deny (Paid Transfers)

Pistols

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... did you read the OP? Cause the article you are talking about is linked in it, we're just looking for confirmation in a more official location.

Exactly, before servers get up all in a fuss, we just want to make sure this is legit.

Thanks all.

this is way more important that silly cats or fashion statements

I'm guessing they were hoping that info. wasn't leaked already, and they had it saved for a "future" epic announcement...

Just hoping we can get a confirm or deny here...

:rak_03:

While we hope for a response -- maybe a quick conversation to keep the thread near the top?

What do you think. Would you rather see them charge for this in CCs?

Or should it be a pure RMT like Blizzard has done it.

Personally -- I think it would almost be *safer* to do pure RMT. I think most people don't know the *value* of CC amounts without looking them up. Ontop of that -- I wouldn't want to have to spend $40 on a CC pack just to spend $25 for a server transfer. What if I don't want all those coins! (Actually, maybe that is exactly what EA would want >.<)

Or, maybe give both options? Purchase through the website using real cash only, OR use CCs?

While we hope for a response -- maybe a quick conversation to keep the thread near the top?

What do you think. Would you rather see them charge for this in CCs?

Or should it be a pure RMT like Blizzard has done it.

Personally -- I think it would almost be *safer* to do pure RMT. I think most people don't know the *value* of CC amounts without looking them up. Ontop of that -- I wouldn't want to have to spend $40 on a CC pack just to spend $25 for a server transfer. What if I don't want all those coins! (Actually, maybe that is exactly what EA would want >.<)

Or, maybe give both options? Purchase through the website using real cash only, OR use CCs?

it *should* be free. minimal man hours goes into the transfer of a character. its a copy-paste of data, nothing more. the fact that so many games charge $20+ for it is ridiculous. cartel market or otherwise, we shouldnt be paying money for some low-level employee to press a couple buttons that transfers all your character data from one server to another.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

it *should* be free. minimal man hours goes into the transfer of a character. its a copy-paste of data, nothing more. the fact that so many games charge $20+ for it is ridiculous. cartel market or otherwise, we shouldnt be paying money for some low-level employee to press a couple buttons that transfers all your character data from one server to another.

That's great, but it will literally never happen.

And I agree with them charging it. They had to develop the system, after all. You don't understand anything at all about software if you think all they will ever have to do is press a couple of buttons.

In the end -- they will charge for anything people will pay for. It SHOULDN'T be free, unless the server is dead -- in which case, they should be merging it into another server.

That's great, but it will literally never happen.

And I agree with them charging it. They had to develop the system, after all. You don't understand anything at all about software if you think all they will ever have to do is press a couple of buttons.

In the end -- they will charge for anything people will pay for. It SHOULDN'T be free, unless the server is dead -- in which case, they should be merging it into another server.

Well to be fair, and I get where you're coming from and can't really disagree, but a long time ago they had said Cross-Server Rankeds were coming (which they never gave us). If they gave us that option (cross-server), which I think would be 100 times better, that would solve so many issues and actually boost the gameplay. Having said that, their agenda has changed since that announcement, and it's about milking the player base (hence transfers). I could be wrong, hope I am, but at this point it's almost too late for the PvP Ranked community. But I totally get where Cashogy is coming from, and it's hard not to agree with him on freebie...all things considered.

Edited by Pistols

Well to be fair, and I get where you're coming from and can't really disagree, but a long time ago they had said Cross-Server Rankeds were coming (which they never gave us). If they gave us that option (cross-server), which I think would be 100 times better, that would solve so many issues and actually boost the gameplay. Having said that, their agenda has changed since that announcement, and it's about milking the player base (hence transfers). I could be wrong, hope I am, but at this point it's almost too late for the PvP Ranked community. But I totally get where Cashogy is coming from, and it's hard not to agree with him on freebie...all things considered.

Ah, I wasn't thinking about ranked.

I still don't see why they haven't done this. Cross-server PvP doesn't really pose any issues I can think of. WZ queues haven't been an issue on my server -- but I also don't play ranked. Partially because there is no community for it, but also because there's no matchmaking system. At the moment, I don't have enough friends that enjoy serious PvP and play at the same times >.<

While It doesn't affect me personally -- I'll join the cause. I'd LOVE to see them fix the ranked issues. Obviously PvP isn't the focus of the game -- but they shouldn't have bothered with it at all if they weren't going to make it viable.

Ah, I wasn't thinking about ranked.

I still don't see why they haven't done this. Cross-server PvP doesn't really pose any issues I can think of. WZ queues haven't been an issue on my server -- but I also don't play ranked. Partially because there is no community for it, but also because there's no matchmaking system. At the moment, I don't have enough friends that enjoy serious PvP and play at the same times >.<

While It doesn't affect me personally -- I'll join the cause. I'd LOVE to see them fix the ranked issues. Obviously PvP isn't the focus of the game -- but they shouldn't have bothered with it at all if they weren't going to make it viable.

Well I wouldn't mind seeing cross-server for every gameplay option, if that is indeed possible and/or wanted. But yeah, Ranked PvP was pulled in 1.2 the night before it went live, which really did not sit well with the PvP community. During that time period, the Developers had posted what the Queue page would look like here (click me), and as you can see they did have plans for cross-server at some point.

Of course, us players that never forget, have clung to that hope they would eventually implement it. Sadly, that was a little over a year ago, and the hardcore PvP player base has suffered population wise with the amount of dismal or next to nothing PvP updates that players have been clamoring for since forever. It's just becoming worse with each month, with no hope in sight.

"The shroud of empty promises has fallen. Begun, the Cartel War has."

Edited by Pistols

Well I wouldn't mind seeing cross-server for every gameplay option, if that is indeed possible and/or wanted. But yeah, Ranked PvP was pulled in 1.2 the night before it went live, which really did not sit well with the PvP community. During that time period, the Developers had posted what the Queue page would look like here (click me), and as you can see they did have plans for cross-server at some point.

Of course, us players that never forget, have clung to that hope they would eventually implement it. Sadly, that was a little over a year ago, and the hardcore PvP player base has suffered population wise with the amount of dismal or next to nothing PvP updates that players have been clamoring for since forever. It's just becoming worse with each month, with no hope in sight.

Aha! Thank you for that info :-D 1.2 was right around when I left, and I stayed far away from the forums because I would've been going in swinging. I was so filled with pure hatred for EA after all the hype over the game, and the massive "flop" in comparison to the hype -- I don't think I remember much.

I'd like to consider my pre-F2P days of SWTOR to be me as a black-out drunk. I'm just happy I didn't end up wandering in to the forums and being banned back then >.<

Technically, and this is what they'll use, Cross-Server Rankeds aren't coming out till Season One begins. Ranked PVP is still in Pre-season, so they aren't really lying about that promise. They just haven't updated us on Season One.

Edited by Undeadbanana
Clarifying stuff.