Change species overpriced?

Nothematic

i don't really plan on changeing my species but it is a bit overpriced especially if you are going cathar at the very least the ppl that buy the cathar unlock should get 1 free species change but ONLY to CATHAR not any other species

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to help you guys out with the math here and clear up the confusion. The cost that you are seeing is 792 Cartel Coins for a species change. 792 is discounted by 34%. If you do the math in reverse, that means for non-subscribers the cost for a species change is 1200cc. A 34% of 1200 is 408. 1200 - 408 = 792!

Hope that clears it up, sorry for any confusion. As a note, any time you see mention of a subscribers and the discount they receive, your discount is already factored in (as in the example above).

Hope that helps!

-eric

This is not correct. On top of the species change which will cost 600 Cartel coins theese extra 792 Cartels coins will count in. So far for an existing character without the species unlock to change species to Cathar it is 1392 Cartel Coins to change, a little bit heftty, huh? Don't believe me? Look up my purchase history, have unlocked Cathar before and still was counted theese 792 Cartel coins for an existing character, that's just just over the top! I tried without the unlock of Cathar species before, 1392 Cartel Coins for just one Character.

I'm a supscriber, by the way.

This is actually kind of interesting. Our plan, as we stated before, was for the cost for subscribers to be 800cc. Not to get all "programmy" but basically the math of applying a % discount from 1200 got pretty complicated and was working out to fractions, etc. Those are kind of a bad thing when it comes to spending "even" amounts of coins.

Our plan was to apply a 33.3% discount for subscribers which would have hit right around 800, but as stated above, the math didn't work out. So instead we moved it up to 34% to get in the players favor, which gives you slightly off (but whole) number of 792.

Hope that makes a bit more sense!

-eric

Actually, it makes 33.3% less sense.

Edited by Machine-Elf

This is not correct. On top of the species change which will cost 600 Cartel coins theese extra 792 Cartels coins will count in. So far for an existing character without the species unlock to change species to Cathar it is 1392 Cartel Coins to change, a little bit heftty, huh? Don't believe me? Look up my purchase history, have unlocked Cathar before and still was counted theese 792 Cartel coins for an existing character, that's just just over the top! I tried without the unlock of Cathar species before, 1392 Cartel Coins for just one Character.

Same troubles here. I've been trying to see if I can get the legacy unlock itself refunded, but of course CS says they can't refund claimed items. Which unfortunately makes sense. I have no extra character slots and don't plan on getting any unless they add a new class which isn't happening. I'll keep opening tickets I suppose.

Ye i have to prove something when a csm comes in and specifically replies to me about what was a misunderstanding on what was posted on the site and it was due to bad maths. So why didnt i have to prove it to eric, ow yes its because it was eric that said it.

Uh, what?

This is actually kind of interesting. Our plan, as we stated before, was for the cost for subscribers to be 800cc. Not to get all "programmy" but basically the math of applying a % discount from 1200 got pretty complicated and was working out to fractions, etc. Those are kind of a bad thing when it comes to spending "even" amounts of coins.

Our plan was to apply a 33.3% discount for subscribers which would have hit right around 800, but as stated above, the math didn't work out. So instead we moved it up to 34% to get in the players favor, which gives you slightly off (but whole) number of 792.

Hope that makes a bit more sense!

-eric

NOWHERE did he state that it was posted incorrectly. Or that it was ever planned for anything OTHER than 800cc for subscribers. Just that the math they aimed for wasn't perfect, so we get a slightly-off number, instead of the straight 800.

Uh, what? You don't understand. ..

600cc is to UNLOCK the species. ONE time purchase. And it will be unlocked on your entire account. So, you'll now have access to MAKE a NEW character as a Cathar. No more purchases necessary.

If you want to CHANGE your characters species -- no matter what species you go to -- you will pay 792 CCs. Why? Because there is no reason you couldn't just roll a new toon. Mind you -- 792 is less than $10 in CCs. In WoW, it was $25 to change your race.

So I thought I kept seeing that changing your species would cost 800CC.

I just went to the vendor, and according to it changing my species with a 34% subscriber discount costs 782 CC.

So changing a species is how much now?

Yup. My first thought was ... RIP OFF.

I would absolutely NEVER spend that kind of cash on something like that, and think BW is really showing their greed with these prices.. 500CC - maybe.. 800?? Give me a break! 1200? You have to be kidding.

Yup. My first thought was ... RIP OFF.

I would absolutely NEVER spend that kind of cash on something like that, and think BW is really showing their greed with these prices.. 500CC - maybe.. 800?? Give me a break! 1200? You have to be kidding.

LOL. 800 CC is less than $10.

Changing race in WoW? $25.

Clearly, plenty of people ARE willing to blow that kind of money. Would I? Hell no. But -- I also don't want Cathar. And If I decide to play one, I will start a new character like I did for all of the other species I wanted to play.

Already had a low level smuggler. Was just going to change the species to cathar. But since I had to buy $15 worth of cc it turned out to be more worthwhile to just sub, delete and remake the character. Kinda sad really, I think its too expensive.

Eric,

Since your a SWTOR community manager, is there a reason why we havent heard any updates about the WinXP user base that can not even access the game? Can you provide any updates yourself and tell us if the problem has at least been identified and when a plausible ETA on fix might be. There is no communication going on regarding the WinXP access bug.

Thx,

Eric,

Since your a SWTOR community manager, is there a reason why we havent heard any updates about the WinXP user base that can not even access the game? Can you provide any updates yourself and tell us if the problem has at least been identified and when a plausible ETA on fix might be. There is no communication going on regarding the WinXP access bug.

Thx,

... There was a post a few hours ago http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6299358#post6299358

So I thought I kept seeing that changing your species would cost 800CC.

I just went to the vendor, and according to it changing my species with a 34% subscriber discount costs 782 CC.

So changing a species is how much now?

Cheaper than other MMOs so be happy.