Fly mounts and 2 person-speeders.

jpaludan

Oh, how nice it owuld be to have a flying mount - some planets will kill you from boredom before you reach your target.

Take Alderaan: some class quests send you out to do a quest...then you have to return. Then you get send a bit further out in the area - and then you have to return. So it continues until you have been sent to the area furthest from base...and then returned once again...you can spend days on questing there before you have done all class quests.

Belsavis is another place where most time is spent on traveling on your speeder.

It would sure help if we could get a speeder that can carry 2 persons...many of the speeders are designed for 2 people...why not make them a reality in game ?

A 2 person speeder should be possible. A flying speeder under player control most likely will never happen as it would destroy the datacron gathering mini game.

Wouldn't count on Flying mounts anytime soon but

Two person mounts why not ? .

2 person mounts - yes. flying mounts? aside from already mentioned datacron mini game - SWTOR is not designed to be seen from any angle. a lot of the scenery you see is 1 dimensional facade, so they would literally have to redesign every single planet from ground up in order to allow for flying.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't your ship fly? That's probably the closest thing you'll see to a flying mount in this game.

World Engineers tend to use a lot of "Smoke and Mirrors" in their designs. From the ground where you are, things look perfect, but if you get above the landscape to see it from above, there are holes in the world. No point in spending the time and resources filling in details that will never been seen.

When they introduced flying in the Classic areas of WoW, they had to redo the entire map. It was a huge project, one that they didn't even really finish.

The biggest challenge with swtor is that there is no easy way to limit where you can fly. WoW is a wide open world where as this one is closed in. They use mountain ranges and buildings to keep you where you are supposed to be, but if you can fly, none of that works.

Also, Flying mounts would ruin Datacron hunting by removing the challenge.

I never and I do mean NEVER want to ever see flying mounts in this game. They completely ruined WoW once introduced. It takes any world and makes it significantly smaller which is only one of the many cons to flying mounts.

Flying mounts do indeed destroy the experience of games centered around ground travel. When you can simply pass over terrain like it's nothing, the world begins to feel like it's nothing. I wen through a whole 1-90 playthrough on WoW and never got flying. It was the best world experience I'd had since BC.

TOR's worlds are also not designed to be anywhere near applicable for them. Coruscant has some nice scenery and everything, but there's no substance to it whatsoever. There's a few background buildings, and then there's skybox. The zones for flying would be highly restricted and thereby artificial-feeling.

As much as I would love to cruise around Coruscant's traffic, it's not technically feasible at this point.

I would comment about the flying mounts idea but other people here have already said what I thought in my mind.

Now for the 2 person-speeders...that sounds cool but how will that work? I mean do 2 people have to hit a keybind at the same time to get on that kind of speeder? I'm thinking this could be tricky to implement if 1 player wants to get on this speeder but the other player doesn't. Or maybe then again it could work like this. 1 player gets on a 2-seat speeder and another player right-clicks on him/her and hops on his/her speeder. Who knows maybe this could work.

Now if they made a 2 person speeder for you and your companion then I can see that happening. That would be another cool idea I think. Plus I can imagine this would be easier to implement into the game.

Edited by plotenox

1 player gets on a 2-seat speeder and another player right-clicks on him/her and hops on his/her speeder.

this is what people tend to mean. one person drives, the other is a willing passenger, who can aslo hop out any time they wish.

Now if they made a 2 person speeder for you and your companion then I can see that happening. That would be another cool idea I think. Plus I can imagine this would be easier to implement into the game.

I'd like that, personaly. someone suggested though that they may not have implemented it due to FOREX (trooper droid companion)