The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT ShieldTech Builds

Hi all, I have been trying to find a good guide to PT Tanks but to no avail! The info I am trying to find out is: What is the Def/Sh/Abs stats that are optimal in 2.0?

Also, is there any need for accuracy and alacrity as a shieldtech?

Would be great if anyone could link me to any builds as I have been trying for weeks now to find some and have had no luck.

Thx

1. There are two enormous threads in the tanking forum devoted to mathing out the optimum stat spread, but I'm not aware of any concrete conclusions. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken on that.

2. There is no need for Alacrity. The curve on it is pretty awful and it doesn't add much utility for tanking. I wouldn't bother investing any points in it.

3. The usefulness of Accuracy is up for debate.

So I've been watching the PowerTech and Tanking forums pretty consistently.

There's a huge debate of what to do with your last few points. Some believe it should go into the 3% Endurance buff in the Pyrotech tree. Others say that the 3% isn't worth it and those points should be spent into extra damage talents to increase threat.

IMHO .. we're talking about 1500 HP vs 2500 damage ... its like arguing which is better an apple or orange.

My suggestion is to spend 26 points in ST tree .. avoiding PVP talents, and then spend the remaining points where you want .. HP or extra damage to get threat. Either way, you'll tank just fine.

The skill of the tank isn't in the talents, its in the player and his gear.

Just my two cents.

~Xim

Rapscallions MT, Prophecy of the 5