Can i continue playing vanguard effectively?

shadowsjudgement

I'm hearing vanguard really isn't good vs. Commando and stuff... Is there any way i could continue with vanguard? I just played a huttball match, got like 3rd place and like 32 kills. It was really fun. Only problem is we do SO LITTLE DAMAGE... With my sith marauder its just like kill kill kill with this dude it's ranged but slower... Killed quite a few snipers, actually. Mercs, too. Solo killed a lot of them. I can stay 30 meters away with hamemr shot and explosive round then go stockstrike them and stuff, no problem.

Is there any way to continue but not make another character? I don't wanna go through all the time of leveling him again.

That is your problem. You aren't meant to stay in the 30m range. Vanguards aren't range classes. Play them as you would a melee class, and you will do fine. I normally end up top in dps or medals in warzones, and that is good enough for me. I have a commando as well, and unless I was healing speced, I could never have done that.

Remember, most of your best abilities require you to be in the 10m range or so.

Agree with everybody.

If you're spec'd tactics, you work to build stacks and use pulse generator.

If spec'd Assault, you work to proc HIB as much as possible

Both of these things are the big damage attacks for Vanguard and you need to be within 10m to do this.

Hammer shot is filler or use it to put a burn on somebody and then hit them with HIB. Explosive Round is a waste of ammo.

Shinigami - Harbinger

The way to continue to play VG effectively in PvP is to spec Tank. Tank VG is soo much DPS in PvP. they are a chainsaw in PvP. Vanguards are a one man wrecking ball in Tank spec. mainly because of the ability to leap and get 2 free AOE's from that leap. Energy Blast also helps to keep energy cells up. and if your about to go down use Shoulder Cannon to help keep your HP up then use a PvP medpack.