The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Starwars Reboot?

kirorx

I was searching around to find out about the future of the clone wars last two archs and stumbled on some news articles, theses are all released in the last day or so.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/114091/Will-Simon-Pegg-Be-Starring-In-The-Star-Wars-Episode-VII

http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2013/05/10/netflix-gets-kid-friendly-with-disney.html

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1706602/star-wars--vii-composer-john-williams.jhtml

There seems to be a recurring theme of dropping the word....reboot, when referring to the new starwars film.

Then i started to wonder, disney stopped all the current in production games and canceled clone wars; they even tried to stop the last two archs from being completed.

Perhaps the plan is to reboot the franchise completly.

How would you guys feel about a total reboot?

I guess i am on the fence about it personally, i loved the originals, but not a fan of the prequels. So I guess there would be some good and some bad lose in the way of story.

I suppose more starwars films are more starwars films regardless

We will have to wait and find out.

Well, alot of sources are talking about connecting to the original trilogy to re-capture that feeling, hence bringing back Hamill and Fisher to reprise their roles as well as returning to the UK to film in locales similar to the originals, so I'm not quite sure about a re-boot. I just think that's the thing to say right now in light of Star Trek and Marvel.

I'd say it'll be more of an update than a full re-boot or re-branding.

And just how credible are these sources? :rolleyes: But you really think, that they would just reboot and overhaul everything that makes Star Wars....Star Wars? BULL....****, yes because its an entirely good idea to just go ahead and destroy what....almost 40 years worth of writing, characters and the like? I am sure, fans would appreciate that.. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Unlike Marvel, Star Wars actually has places to go and doesn't just trap itself within it's own universe's timeframe. There are thousands of years before and after the movies to explore and a diverse array of characters from all different angles. A reboot when there is so much to still expand and elaborate on sounds unnecessary.

Unlike Marvel, Star Wars actually has places to go and doesn't just trap itself within it's own universe's timeframe. There are thousands of years before and after the movies to explore and a diverse array of characters from all different angles. A reboot when there is so much to still expand and elaborate on sounds unnecessary.

This reboot of post-RotJ they're doing is great though.

No, they would never reboot the whole thing lol. Yes it would be good though if they retcon'd the clone wars and actually make something good. Maybe in 50 years when Star Wars is still legendary, they could redo the original trilogy or something.

No, they would never reboot the whole thing lol. Yes it would be good though if they retcon'd the clone wars and actually make something good. Maybe in 50 years when Star Wars is still legendary, they could redo the original trilogy or something.

No...not just no, but HELL NO.

when you sit down and realize it's basicly a kids show it's actually incrediable

It moved beyond just being a children's show at least 2 seasons ago. Some of those episodes are some of the best Star Wars that has been put to screen in over 30 years.

It moved beyond just being a children's show at least 2 seasons ago. Some of those episodes are some of the best Star Wars that has been put to screen in over 30 years.

The Clone Wars Adventures online game was pretty cool too. Minigame/lobby-based game with neat collectables and a SW avatar. Worked really well for what it was.

For an Opinion wolf to have more value or "taste" is an opinion based on facts or else get out

Yet the show has had positive reviews and a good following and went up to 5 seasons more then likely going to get a 6th. So...ya it was good.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yet the show has had positive reviews and a good following and went up to 5 seasons more then likely going to get a 6th. So...ya it was good.

There are some "adults" who can't get around the animation and deem it a pointless kiddie show no matter what. WIth 7 Emmy nods, there are some other folks who think the show is decent too.

Admittedly, if i had only seen the movie and/or season 1, I would think the show was terrible too. However, thank the Maker I gave it more of a chance. Right around 2.5 it became awesome and like I said before, IMHO, some of the episodes since then are some of the best Star Wars put to screen in over 30 years.

I cannot wait to see what Filoni and crew serve up next.

Edited by TheBBP

oh?...this episode series was better than the entire prequel

Or the final ahsoka episodes.

Ahsoka escaping prison

http://youtu.be/Ud0qWJWin4U

anakin vs bariss---in the jedi temple

http://youtu.be/catXn4QAclI

Ahsoka leaving.

http://youtu.be/59wyxSK-1tY

Not to mention the Ghosts of Mortis arc. The Band of Brothers (or whatever it was called) arc with 99... Maker rest his soul. :(

And quite a few other really good arcs.

I don't think they will ever reboot the series but it could be interesting if they did. It would be a good way to sweep various things under the rug that many of the long time fans have had problems with. It would also be interesting to see what changes they would make.

The problem is, even if they reboot SW, there will always be problems with it. They might remove a few elements that most fans hate but chances are good that they would add a few more while trying to "fix" things.

One of the best things about SW is that it covers thousands of years but much of it stays the same. This gives the opportunity to do similar stories in different settings. Depending on the time period there could be a ton of Jedi and Sith or one or both could be very rare.

I know if I was in charge of a reboot there would never be any Jar Jar Binks, Midichlorians, or Yuuzhan Vong.