Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

J_Fred

Can roots and snares be cleansed?

Restoration:

Instant

Force: 30

Cooldown: 4.5s

Range: 30 m

Cleanses a friendly target of up to 2 negative mental or Force effects.

Mend Wounds

Lowers the Force cost of Restoration by 15. In addition, Restoration now removes negative physical effects and heals the target for 0.

Triage

Instant

Energy: 10

Cooldown: 4.5s

Range: 30 m

Purges a friendly target of up to 2 negative tech or physical effects.

Psych Meds

Triage now removes negative mental effects and heals the target for 0.

I don't play either of these healing classes in PvP so I have no personal experience with the cleanses mentioned above. Will these cleanse some or all roots? I suspect that the sage cleanse will not clear a leg shot (tech) root but a smuggler cleanse (triage) will. Can anyone give an authoritative answer?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play either of these healing classes in PvP so I have no personal experience with the cleanses mentioned above. Will these cleanse some or all roots? I suspect that the sage cleanse will not clear a leg shot (tech) root but a smuggler cleanse (triage) will. Can anyone give an authoritative answer?

Yes, most roots can be cleansed.

I can cleanse leg shot on my scoundrel, the physical marauder roots from carnage spec on my sorc, and so on. (strangely cleansing electric bindings doesn't seem to work LOL).

The problem is that the debuffs come in so quick and thick in the situation in the video that I can't effectively control which ones my cleanse will remove. I want it to remove the roots, but it'll probably be wasted on dots. So I spend most of the time healing through it and waiting for his leap to come up (though I do manage to cleanse a Force Exhaustion in there, which was worth it regardless of whether or not my cleanse removed a root).

I *do* use cleanse, mostly for kiting and removing Force Exhaustion before smashers can get their full stacks therefrom.