What is the point of my $15 a month?

kanaughty

something that should be included into the game for free!

I am not looking for an argument, but does it not occur to anyone that this is just an opinion. There is always something that should be free. Seems that the only freedom we have is to not buy them. This particular perk is so low on my priority list that I find it hard to relate. Mostly because I have created my character and if for what ever reason I am not happy with it I do understand there may be a cost behind changes.

yet, here we have people in this thread that will defend BW and rationalize there greed only because we have become accustomed to being ripped off as if its normal Quid pro quo.

I am not trying to defend, but it seems that many people have a very high perception of entitlement which I find hard to justify. As if BW owes anyone anything for playing their game. It is a service for which you either pay a subscription or chose to play for free with limitations. Service includes paid features which you may appreciate or not. But under no circumstances I find it justifiable to demand any changes to the service unless you have leverage. Which of course we all have but chose not to use. Go figure.

Edited by ELRunninW

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on all this, from being here since launch and watching how they have changed from sub to ftp is harsh.

I've played many mmos through the years (free and sub), and the nickel and dime system they are doing is just like all those Korean ftp mmos. One thing they are not taking into account is the people who play these ftp korean type games are die hard game hoppers. EA/BW are not being generous enough to subs for content, they knew any die hard star wars fan was going to buy the ewok with cash, and subs who don't want to pay again cost 40 legacy and 1 mil, that is just stupid, 1 mil is ok, but 40 legacy pft.

I like the game, and want to support it, but they don't deliver for subscribers, they want you to sub, yet don't give you anything. I guess they did give us 5 data's off the new mount on hoth, woopie doo.

If they don't start showing subs some attention with sub only content, games going to lose alot of the fan base. I for one am looking forward to trying out ff14, just so i can be in an only sub game, where they will have everything free for subscribers.

I still like the game, just not the direction its headed, the way they are doing the cash shop makes them look cheap and just pure greedy. I mean there updates are more cartel then content, and cartel is not content for subs.

just my 2 cents

It's pretty transparent what you get for your subscription. It's up to you if you think it's worth it or not.

Vote with your wallet if you don't think it's value for money, because as long as you keep subscribing, BW will think they are providing you with value for money.